R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ditto! I have an engine modding and pinching business and I too can tell how has and who has not used after-run oil.

As stated, the ones that do, then insides look all nice and shiny (provided, they haven't overheated their engine or use too much air filter oil). Those that don't use after-run oil there are rusty areas within the engine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Y-Rock View Post
I have an engine pinching side business. I can always tell the engines that have been after runned. Nice and clean rear bearing. I use Yamalube engine fogger in my engines.
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up After run oil

Well, I do it religiously.

I was expecting to run a race the weekend after a long practice weekend. Then we had Gustav and still have not been able to run the mill. I am glad now I will be able to run when the track dries out and gets put back together. You never know when something will come up to prevent you from running as frequently as you would like. If that happens it is good insurance. I use more than a few drops. It can not hurt, as soon as the fuel starts comming in the motor the oil get pushed out and out the pipe. I just make sure the pipe is angled down so it will all drain out.
Relay8039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

most say to use 3 to 4 drops in the carb. I usually put it in the carb and the exhaust port. are you suppose to use it when the engine is warm or cold?
Old 09-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
Tech Master

I dont use it any more & dont run my engine dry either.Drain the tank,blow out the lines then then next week pull off the back plate & look inside & see how much oil is in there then you can decide whats needed.Thats with ceramic bearings & werks or byron gen 2.

Pretty much everyone is replacing their bearings after breakin now & most get those from the same guy.If you want to know about after run oil call him and ask & he will tell you the same thing he told me.If your not removing the the back plate & pouring it on the bearing(what he does after every run) or his second choise pulling off the fuel line at the carb & puting it in there just dont bother.As far as alcohol staying in the motor for a long enough time to attract water how well does alcohol evaporate even mixed with oil,& in a motor & chassis that hits over 200 deg in some cases.

After run is worth its weight in gold if it puts your mind at rest no question about that & wont do any harm if your very careful & dont drop dirt in the carb or plug hole.If your not using it now just go 1 more week & inspect like I said above then you decide.One last thing,is using ARO all the time gonna cover over that one time you put your car out for a 20 min main & it goes lean 3 laps in & you dont take it off cuz your twards the front or even leading?

Not saying what to do just offering a different opinion to think about.I have had good luck with piston & rod wear on all my motors but that doesnt wean you will & notice I didnt say stock bearing as nobody is having good luck since the stock bearings went to that .4 size.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

The best After Run Oil IMO is the GMK Afterlife because it is the easiest to put in and it is safe with all cranks.

http://www.gmksupply.com/html/gmk0116.html
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
most say to use 3 to 4 drops in the carb. I usually put it in the carb and the exhaust port. are you suppose to use it when the engine is warm or cold?
my ritual is to wait till i get home, blow the top of the motor with aircompressor, then burn any unused fuel out, then while the motor is a little warm i remove the glow plug and airfilter , use the after run , replace the glowplug and put a carby cap on , my airfilter only goes on the night before i use the engine again....

The thing i find funny is that some guys are scared to remove this or that unless they are half way through a race and they shat a glow plug , their is normally no hesitation to remove the plug with little or no thought of what might fall into the motor...