R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Unfortunately those are out of his price range.
Yes they are! Haha. Hey Domit ever race at N-control raceway in Austin, Tx?
ClayKann101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayKann101 View Post
Yes they are! Haha. Hey Domit ever race at N-control raceway in Austin, Tx?
Once... at the Nitro Invitational last year. Mine was the silver car that was yellow and purple on the bottom... errr... I mean the yellow and purple car that spent most of it's time upside down.

That huge off-camber turn was one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen... and that huge jump in the back... your wheels would stop spinning by the time you were coming down, so hitting the brakes wouldn't do anything to bring the nose down! That was a fun track layout... I can honestly say that is the best time I've ever had at any race.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Once... at the Nitro Invitational last year. Mine was the silver car that was yellow and purple on the bottom... errr... I mean the yellow and purple car that spent most of it's time upside down.
O ok i was just wondering thats where i run my slash and im going to race my buggy.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
O ok i was just wondering thats where i run my slash and im going to race my buggy.
Cool. Paul puts on a good race program and he's absolutely hilarious. Ron TQ'd so we hid his car, told him it was in tech, sent him to see Paul... Paul told him it was over at Mike Battaile's pit area... Mike sent him to the other end of the track...

We'll be back for the last Nitro Invitational race this year I'm sure... camp, cook out, and race... drink beer at night... what could be better? I'm running truggy now though.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Cool. Paul puts on a good race program and he's absolutely hilarious. Ron TQ'd so we hid his car, told him it was in tech, sent him to see Paul... Paul told him it was over at Mike Battaile's pit area... Mike sent him to the other end of the track...

We'll be back for the last Nitro Invitational race this year I'm sure... camp, cook out, and race... drink beer at night... what could be better? I'm running truggy now though.
O cool ya its a pretty fun place, people are very nice. Infact the guy i bought this buggy off of let me drive it the first day i met him. He gave me lots of info on the buggy.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #21
Tech Adept

I thought your screenname looked familiar.

I was racing last weekend and N-control in sportsman buggy,

I run a losi buggy with a red flamed body and purple headed engine(novarossi) you mighta seen it tumbling after that huge back jump (gotta remember to NOT turn the wheel while in the air) I lookforward to racing you in the future since you'll also probably be running sportsman buggy.
vroom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Unfortunately those are out of his price range.
Thats why I said save and buy it later. A good radio is worth the money instead of getting a "cheap" one for now...
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Quote:
Ah ok i gotcha, well how is this even though its 3 channel? I need to stay around 150 bucks.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16275
The Airtronics MX-3 FHSS is a good readio especially for the price. It has all the features a racer needs.

I have been teaching my young son about the hobby and I have him driving a Cen Matrix RTR I had lying around. I bought this radio because it wasn't too expensive and I didn't want to have to worry about crystals once my son's driving skills are good enough for the track.

I'm not that good of a driver either so I guess it's like the blind leading the blind right now.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom88 View Post
I thought your screenname looked familiar.

I was racing last weekend and N-control in sportsman buggy,

I run a losi buggy with a red flamed body and purple headed engine(novarossi) you mighta seen it tumbling after that huge back jump (gotta remember to NOT turn the wheel while in the air) I lookforward to racing you in the future since you'll also probably be running sportsman buggy.
Ya its gonna be fun racing sportsman buggy, ya i seen that wreck you had haha i thought that buggy was toast for sure.