R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to shesha

P.S. Maybach to me sounds like my***.....
Old 09-10-2008, 03:24 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
Just to make it more complicated for you... you know that most referals here are referring to the latest release....

Why would you want to consider blowing all your money on the top of the line buggy now, another way to look at it is older versions, for good bargains, then just upgrade as you learn.

All the brands are good just keep an eye out on new brands the, the older brands have worked out the kinks, and tend to just give you a better performing product from the previous models, if it's money you want to pay, as an advise spend it on fuel with more run time on different track layouts and keep learn the car inside out dont be afraid to try things out thats the best way to learn, and no do not listen or read of someones else setup sheet each has his own driving style.. you dial it as to how you drive it ....
I like this answer. Bought my Losi used and I can not find a reason to get another buggy. This one works great those new ones look great. But if it aint broke don't fix it. Also using someone elses setup sheet just means your going to adopt there driving style. When you should be developing your own. To many nice buggys in the for sale section that come with everything for less than any of the new buggy kits.

I am not going to suggest getting a losi to you because that was the buggy I saw and loved from day one. It works for me and I compensate for what it lacks with a smile. I treat it better than my wife . In return I gives me great performance with minimum problems. Which is what all those buggys are capable of in the right hands.

Anyone telling you that any of those buggys are perfect in every way is lying. No buggy is perfect they all have there quirks. Buying used and having plenty money for gas, tires and trips to the track in itself is priceless. If you pick up this hobby then gas and tires will be your most expensive items on a regular basis.

Last edited by vladconnery; 09-10-2008 at 03:47 AM.
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:29 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Send a message via MSN to MBR52 Send a message via Yahoo to MBR52

Today there are many different cars that are good. Back when I started I ran rtr's 4 the first year and a bit. Then I started buying pro kits and race rollers. I found by listening to more experienced people, they explained how different cars compare to others. There is no doubt that the MP9, the MBX6 and the D8 will eventually prove themselves, but the Losi 8ight's are reliable cars that have proved themselves to be great. I hope that this is not to confusing

But it all balls down to your driving style, how much you wanna race and your budget
Mugen MST-1 powered by Novarossi
Associated B44 powered by Novak
MBR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Who does your LHS support and carry parts for?
What are the local racers using? In case you need a part the LHS maybe out of. Like others have stated any of the top Mfg.'s you can't really go wrong but what you really have to look at is local support! Nothing worse than having to wait a week to get a part online!
sidewaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would recommend the Mugen
GH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:09 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go to your local track on a race day. Watch the races. Walk thru the pits and find out the car most ran at your local area. Find out what the fastest drivers at your track run.

Go to your LHS. Find out what they carry the most parts for.

Combine info. If your LHS carries tons of kyosho parts, and the fastest or 2nd fastest guy at your track drives a kyosho. Buy that.

I say this because the best thing for a new racer, is reliable help from a faster driver. And it makes that ten million times easier when you have the same car.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #22
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can't go wrong with the D8 buggy!!!
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote