R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default How many gallons you guys been getting through your Picco P7 Evo 2?

How many gallons you guys been getting through your Picco P7 Evo 2? I'm running %30 and found to keep the explosive power on it I run rich low and high. I've got 6 gallons through mine so far....about to be 6.5 today hopefully
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
How many gallons you guys been getting through your Picco P7 Evo 2? I'm running %30 and found to keep the explosive power on it I run rich low and high. I've got 6 gallons through mine so far....about to be 6.5 today hopefully

i got about 8-9 on mine before the rear bearing let go....My fault for not putting in a new rod and Ceramics....But i wanted to see just HOW long it would take it....and the funny thing is...after that much fuel...it had 5X more pinch then Any other High end mill on the bench....Ninja RB OS Nova.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

so far the Picco's hold better pinch then the OS,GRP and RB engines we ran this year...Picco uses very good piston material..... as well Picco steel is also superior to many other engines..the Picco crankpins last far longer then any other motor I have run ...........PIcco engines are highly underrated and discredited.. for the $$ nothing even comes close...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Tech Master

First one went almost,original P-7 went into 15th gal befor the rear bearing went.It started leaking at front bearing enough to be slung off & leave marks about the 6 gallon mark but made no tuning difference.At about 11 gallons it was still good enough to catch or put 4-5 car lengths on many other motors but started noticing lots of fuel leaking out of slide.Some where about the high 12 gal mark people stopped commenting how good it looked.About 14 gal got difficult to tune & had to stay on top or needles,low to mid 15 gal bearings went bad & started blowing plugs.Replaced bearings,rod,& had very light pinch put on sleeve & now works great for play motor.

Jammin version had bearings go early(few gallons) but runs fantastic now.My brain just went blank on how many gal that one has 5-6 I would guess,Havent run it for a while but still has more pinch than my original P-7 had about that milage.I have a couple evo2 one has less fuel than the jammin & the other was a dud from the get go & never got much fuel through(I gave up on it).
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks guys! Thats good to hear. Mine is still perfect and now at the 6.5 gallon mark. I am hoping for it to last out the season with 8-9 gallons through it
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Thanks guys! Thats good to hear. Mine is still perfect and now at the 6.5 gallon mark. I am hoping for it to last out the season with 8-9 gallons through it

replace some parts and you'll make the end of the season and Then Some.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote