Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
8IGHT for $359? >

8IGHT for $359?

8IGHT for $359?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

You know, I'm thinking that when winter rolls in, and nitro will be put on a shelf. MHOR will allowing 4 or 5 cars in a heat, I'll bet there will be alot of people converting their cars to electric for winter indoor running. I would guess that about 75% of the guys there run both electric and nitro, so it might catch on big there.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That's a very good price on a new 8ight. If that's the car you want, I'd jump on it. IMO
Old 09-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

+3

On The RB S3 great no excellent starter engine easy to tune and long lasting. I don't care what those guys said about RB service. There engines are excellent unless a hack gets a hold of one or any engine for that matter. Follow the breakin instructions tune it right and it will last a long time and be a beast.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can only imagine electric 8th scale running at MHOR. Wednesday there were a couple Slash trucks running and they barley fit. Mr Bungle, if you want to race 8th scale in Denver, I would play it safe and just go nitro. Possibly, by next summer we will see either a mixed or electric class but I kind of doubt it.

Also, like Doug said the VG is a great starter motor. Plenty of power to learn lines with and not get overly crazy.

Doug, you don't have anything going on this weekend. What would the drive be to Burlington for ya!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sandbagger!
Also, like Doug said the VG is a great starter motor. Plenty of power to learn lines with and not get overly crazy.

Doug, you don't have anything going on this weekend. What would the drive be to Burlington for ya!
I have the time, I've been layed off three times sence I've moved down here to Texas. I sold all of my satellite stuff, and it would cost my thousands to get back in to installing. Im stuck here and I really don't like it. The guys that race here are great, but they don't pay my bills. Not working is the reason my post count has shot up over 100 to now in 2 weeks.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+++ you should get that losi 8 for that price before someone else takes it.