Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB USA Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Loop dee loop, to be honest no. There is no warranty on other engines in racing. You pop a good drag motor because an ARP bolt snapped, they are not going to give you a replacement motor. I understand that these are for race and 9 times out of 10 you can tell something is going to happen before it does and destroys the motor. Shut it off and don't blow it up. Don't expect someone to fix it because you made an error because of ignorance. I just lost a high dollar race motor and it was my fault, bearings were going bad and I figured it would last, I knew better. It did not, no one to blame but me, I will suck it up like a man and admit fault and pay for my mistake. Do the same you will be better people because of it. Peace
Old 09-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If you claim RB makes terrible motors and offer bad service do yourself a favor and everyone else: leave the world of nitro RC all together. Seriously, you think RB engines are crap and they have horrible service? Ask your self this...just what exactly did you contact them for? How to tune an engine? What does this item do? Sorry, but as said no manufacturer offers warrenty on a race engine. The fault all starts with how you break in the engine. Did you bother to let it get upto temp and either do the factory break in recommendation or heat cycle it? (OR) Did you just run the engine for 7 tanks rich and not upto temps and then just race tuned it? Did you bother to take the time out to take the engine apart and inspect it prior to break in? I've owned a few RB engines in my time and they are friggin awesome engines! They are an excellent choice for offroad and onroad vehicles. The forums on RB's site are a big help as well as the RB forum on here. Honestly if you come on here to bitch about how no one warrentied your mistake then just go somewhere else...really.