RB USA Service

Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

In a truggy, nuthin like a C6... Thats a match made in heaven...
I love mine! Wish tey werent so pricey... Would get another for the buggy!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

So we are slamming customer service what about OS customer service. I guess we failed to mention all those cracked blocks that OS would not warranty. Eventhough it was a defect and not user error. Come on everybody has a bad CS experience with some company. It does not mean they have bad products. If you want to exclude one of the best brand engines on the market on a internet thread bashing. Then you will never buy anything. Every company out there has a disatisfied customer. I wonder of all the disatisified customers how many actually fall in the category USER ERROR!!!!!!

IF YOU BROWSE THIS SITE ENOUGH YOU CAN FIND BAD COMMENTS ON EVERYTHING. I GUESS YOU SHOULD CURL UP IN THE FETAL POSITION AND SUCK YOUR THUMB. CAUSE YOUR NEVER BUYING ANYTHING!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Whatever. All I know is that I only buy parts from companies that make dependable parts and will honor their warranty and improve their quality standards to throw out the possibly weak parts in the future.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

my guess of why RB's customer service is crap is that in their mind they don't make faulty engines.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Some of you must be 12 or maybe older with the mentality of a 12 year old. Who really warranties a race designed motor. No one, OS says it on the web page and no way Novarossi will cover it. Jim might try and help you out but you can bet that Novarossi is not the one covering it, Picco haha.

Chances are pretty good that if you are running an Ofna LX then you are new and don't know much yet. Everyone has to start somewhere, so I won't hold that against you. Usually new people want a warranty because they know they have a good chance of doing something wrong and learning a costly lesson if some company will not give them another one free. Not everything in this world has a warranty, learn what you need to before you invest in something so expensive. If you are too slow mentally to do that then you deserve what you get, a high dollar motor that does not work.

As for the OS thing, yeah they have had troubles with those motors from the get go. They used to fix them for people but not anymore. I will run any motor since I am buying something for what it does not if they will cover it when I screw up. Kids on the keyboard.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by audik
What is your experience with RB service dept?
I've sent mine S3 in at the end of June and still don't have it back.
I've called many times leave a lot of messsages and only get promises that don't come true.
Anyway i want to find out if any of you had similar problems with RB service recently?
Thanks!
What was wrong with the engine???????

What promises dont come true?????????

Just because their customer service is bad doesnt say anything about how bad their products are and for someone to say "you wont buy a motor because of some ones bad experiance with cs" is kinda chitty walmarts customer service isnt that great but EVERYONE still shops there I like rb engines had some of the best luck with them my last rb motor i had was a ws7 it had 14 HARD gallons on it before it lost pinch and I never changed the plug never put a drop of oil in it and never worried about putting it at bdc when i was done running it I gave it to a buddy he had it pinched and has probably ran another 2 gallons thru it so far it has had 16 gallons on the original parts to me thats a GREAT motor I dont here of any os engines going that long.

Last edited by Jammin57; 09-07-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added
Old 09-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

what was wrong with the engine is irrelevant.
i know they make great engines i myself own 4.
i've started this thread to find out if any of you guys had problems in dealing with service dept.
like i said before i've sent my engine in over 2 months ago and as of now, i don't even know where it is, and that's because RB service isn't even sure that they have it
another thing is when i call them up 4-5 times a day for few days i'm lucky if they answer the phone once, ever
all i want at this point is to get my engine back fixed or not!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

You know, I need to apoligize. You guys are right, 15 years of using OS engines, I've never sent one engine back, or ever called customer service. So why would I feel that I would have problems with RB? It has provin itself over and over. So how does bad customer service affect me? I guess it really doesn't.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
You know, I need to apoligize. You guys are right, 15 years of using OS engines, I've never sent one engine back, or ever called customer service. So why would I feel that I would have problems with RB? It has provin itself over and over. So how does bad customer service affect me? I guess it really doesn't.
The only motor I have heard with good after sale service in Australia is Axe Rossi, Brad at ultrahobbies looks after his customers even when some of them have blown the motor up due to lack of maintenance.

Be it OS, RB, Sirio, Super Tigre, Thunder Tigre or Saito engines is there such thing as warranty, I think not. I have seen many people disillusioned with the manufacturer due to warranty claims.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by audik
RB service isn't even sure that they have it!
You really should have shipped it with a tracking number and possibly some form of signature for delivery. Then you KNOW they got it, what time of day, and WHO signed for it.. On an engine return its best to cover your ass.

Anything past that then I dont know what to tell ya?
Just work your way up the food chain in the company. Go to the president if you can figure out who that is... Send some emails and call until you can get through... If that doesnt work then ya have to "eat it" and get a new one...
Old 09-08-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanroma
Whatever. All I know is that I only buy parts from companies that make dependable parts and will honor their warranty and improve their quality standards to throw out the possibly weak parts in the future.
Then your first statement does not make sense. RB has probally the most reliable line of engines. Not to mention quite a few World Championships. Is there anything more they need to do to prove they make quality engines.
I guess maybe break the land speed record would be nice. Not to mention your talking about putting a engine in an OFNA LX quality is not a priority to you. Now if you said Kyosho, Xray, Mugen now thats quality. Seems more like a price issue. Saying you only buy from companys that make dependable parts says your not buyin quality cause you should not need parts. However in this hobby everything is subject to breakage its the nature of the hobby. Show me a race engine company that has a warranty expressed or implied. Or even a buggy manufactor that has some sort of warranty. Fact is these engines and buggys are treated about as bad as you can treat something. I doubt many people would treat there personal cars or engines the way they treat there buggys (toys).

Originally Posted by ryanroma
Well this pretty much eliminates the chances of me buying an RB motor to put in my Ofna LX I'm getting lol..
Customer service is something you look for from a internet provider, cell phone provider, TV manufature, cable co, online hobbystore not a race engine manufacture.

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
+1
Exactly my point. I have broken parts and messed up engines. However I never thought it was the companys fault. It was'nt like the engine split in half when I turned it over, or the hsn fell off when I looked at it. I can trace practically every problem I've had with an engine or buggy back to USER ERROR! Now that I have a descent amount of experience I seldom have issues with anything I buy. If I placed any weight on internet banter I would have never bought my first RB or my Losi.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For the person that started this thread here is some help I hope. As I understand it the "warranty" service was taken care of by one guy in Cali. I beleive they have parted ways. That being said everything is now handled out of the New York offices. I would imagine they are trying to sort things out. Not that any of that helps you get your motor back but it will at least give you an idea what you are up against.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is a USA office for RB, has anyone tried to contact them?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by katjim00
Some of you must be 12 or maybe older with the mentality of a 12 year old. Who really warranties a race designed motor. No one, OS says it on the web page and no way Novarossi will cover it. Jim might try and help you out but you can bet that Novarossi is not the one covering it, Picco haha.

Chances are pretty good that if you are running an Ofna LX then you are new and don't know much yet. Everyone has to start somewhere, so I won't hold that against you. Usually new people want a warranty because they know they have a good chance of doing something wrong and learning a costly lesson if some company will not give them another one free. Not everything in this world has a warranty, learn what you need to before you invest in something so expensive. If you are too slow mentally to do that then you deserve what you get, a high dollar motor that does not work.

As for the OS thing, yeah they have had troubles with those motors from the get go. They used to fix them for people but not anymore. I will run any motor since I am buying something for what it does not if they will cover it when I screw up. Kids on the keyboard.
So your 14yrs old, good for you bud!!! Now you are trying telling me that if a company would not warrant an engine with a manufacturer defect you would not be upset.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

IMO customer service is an indication of how a company is being managed. Typically customer service goes down and so does other parts of the company.

That said, you cannot expect a company to replace/warrant a product that is used in an abusive race setting. However, the product should arrive without defect. If you receive the product defective, they should resolve the issue. Wal-Mart sometimes has horrible customer service, however, it is the person behind the counter you dislike, not Wal-Mart's policies. I have NEVER had trouble returning things to Wal-Mart that were defective (and a few things that were not =))

It bothers me to have poor customer service, however I can look passed this for a good product. I personally drive a c6BB and love it. I have always heard great things about them as well. I have never dealt with customer service. If I purchased a motor from ANY company that was defective, and that company refused to rectify the problem, I would raise hell. That would be like purchasing a racing motorcycle (no warranty) and finding out it wouldn't start because they forgot to install the piston. This however is different from a company providing some kind of warranty on the use of the product for some length of time. Under the use conditions of these motors that would not be an equitable solution for the manufacturers. Some people are going to neglect to operate properly.

Lastly, do not knock on someone for reporting bad customer service anymore than you would knock on someone for giving a good review on some product they tried. For someone to state their experiences is a benefit for us all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.