R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just paid the $30 and can't get on either. It better get updated soon.
looneytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brandon stated they have spotty internet coverage at the track. So if he is dealing with a bad connection there is not much he can do really. There is supposedly a satelite truck on the way for him to hook up that way. Brandon knows what he is doing, there is just so much he can do with a bad connection.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #123
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I sympathize with a bad connection...to a point. However, this should not have anything to do with an account upgrade. If you are going to accept money for a service you need to provide the service or at least upgrade the account. Have a system in place to make sure it happens.
tkcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #124
Tech Initiate

Default liverc .com

l have be trying for over a hour still no good can not get on to see the raceing l have paid in full what can we do to get are money back
modeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #125
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcustoms View Post
I sympathize with a bad connection...to a point. However, this should not have anything to do with an account upgrade. If you are going to accept money for a service you need to provide the service or at least upgrade the account. Have a system in place to make sure it happens.
I 100% agree. You need to have people in place to make this happen right away. If you can't handle the traffic and upgrading the people willing to pay, don't offer the service. I sit in queue for over 2000 people or whatever it is, only to be kicked off again. It's not like this race was a secret.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #126
Tech Initiate

Default liverc .com

sorry bud but when you pay $30.00 for a year ok but l love 1/8 off road that all it not working for him why not test it check it and say ok only 1000 to see race and not keep takeing the money if l was him give it back until he can put up a good show
Old 09-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #127
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LIVERC.COM!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.impulse-rc.com
Steebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #128
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 194 (99%+)

Live RC is a great infancy service of live race reports. You have to expect problems with such a specialized service. If you bought the service just for this race, you spent a bunch. But if you are into most race types like I am then it is a low cost service for me. I view many races through the year on Live RC.

Brandon is not a TV station with a huge financial backing and equipment. This is all done though his capability with a crappy internet connection.

I do not think you can expect this to be like Speed Vision guys.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #129
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down liverc .com

look bud you work for them till him from me l what my money back or how can get it back from paypal
LOOK BUD YOU TEST FROM THE TRACK YOU CHECK FROM THE TRACK AND THEN YOU GO THIS IS NOT WORKING FOR THEM IT SHIT OK TILL HIM THAT FROM US OK AS L HAVE SENT HIM 14 MAIL ABOUT IT AND NO COME BACK OK
Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #130
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 194 (99%+)

So when your internet connection is down or TV cable/dish is down, do you call them and tell them the same way as you are acting here?

Technology has never been perfect. It was up and working earlier for me just fine. But if you are at work in front of the PC all day trying to watch Live RC, then maybe your boss should give you more to do.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #131
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah, this is disappointing! This is the first time I ever used liverc....so $30 down the shitter. Like everyone is saying, if you're gonna charge, make sure your product is worthy.
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #132
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Live RC is a great infancy service of live race reports. You have to expect problems with such a specialized service. If you bought the service just for this race, you spent a bunch. But if you are into most race types like I am then it is a low cost service for me. I view many races through the year on Live RC.

Brandon is not a TV station with a huge financial backing and equipment. This is all done though his capability with a crappy internet connection.

I do not think you can expect this to be like Speed Vision guys.
I'm not expecting HD cameras or great announcing. I could care less if there was only one camera. But I'm a paying customer now and my account isn't being upgraded. It says it's done instantly when you pay. I can't even access my account, because the page won't load. That's all I'm asking for, so I don't have to wait in queue. I understand the connection isn't the best and I accept that. At least have somebody on hand to upgrade accounts so I'm not waiting in queue.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #133
Tech Lord

Quote:
So when your internet connection is down or TV cable/dish is down, do you call them and tell them the same way as you are acting here?

Technology has never been perfect. It was up and working earlier for me just fine. But if you are at work in front of the PC all day trying to watch Live RC, then maybe your boss should give you more to do.
Well, is my cable goes out for more then 24 hours I get a credit for it.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #134
Tech Regular

Quote:
But if you are at work in front of the PC all day trying to watch Live RC, then maybe your boss should give you more to do.
I AM THE BOSS, so I can do whatever I want. You sir, should get back to work.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #135
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Quote:

No, but if you order boxing or UFC or some other live event from your cable company and are missing it due to technical issues, you don't just sit back while it's going on and go "i hope it gets fixed before the main event".

I know Brandon is doing the best he can, and doesn't have nearly the resources that other companies do, but when you pay extra just for this one event and you aren't getting what you paid for, you have the right to complain.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote