Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jammin' driver Matt Gosch
Old 09-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

im sure the person who created live rc didnt anticipate 1500 people trying to stream from 2 cams all at once. That would take some serious bandwidth to be consistant plus who is to say the live cams arent being streamed from a air card wireless connection.
At least everyone can hear the man behind the mic at the worlds, Kenny Brosh, he's the best in the biz
Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild gopher View Post
im sure the person who created live rc didnt anticipate 1500 people trying to stream from 2 cams all at once. That would take some serious bandwidth to be consistant plus who is to say the live cams arent being streamed from a air card wireless connection.
At least everyone can hear the man behind the mic at the worlds, Kenny Brosh, he's the best in the biz
We can't hear Kenny, Wayne, he is not the announcer for live rc. just for the races. I don't get either!
aznitronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I beg to differ....Some of the big US races draw 800 to 1000 people viewing. It would be safe to assume there would be more watching for the Worlds. All I am saying is that they should limit the free access even more for this event and let the paying members have better coverage as we were the ones stepping up and paying to support the service (it is only $30 too...more people should be paying up!)

My real beef is the lack of photo's. There must be tons of cool gear and cool cars from around the world. Someone should be profiling drivers and cars, mud secrets etc.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #110
Tech Master

I'll keep most of my reply to the few comments I've read to myself.

I just wanted to clarify one thing, It's the "Charlie And Scotty Show"....

Thanks.

Tomorrow should be a lot better. We were able to get a lot of improvement and ran some test with the viewers that hung out in the evening.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #111
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
I beg to differ....Some of the big US races draw 800 to 1000 people viewing. It would be safe to assume there would be more watching for the Worlds. All I am saying is that they should limit the free access even more for this event and let the paying members have better coverage as we were the ones stepping up and paying to support the service (it is only $30 too...more people should be paying up!)

My real beef is the lack of photo's. There must be tons of cool gear and cool cars from around the world. Someone should be profiling drivers and cars, mud secrets etc.
go to neobuggy.net

tons of pics..

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #112
Tech Apprentice

he seems to keep his word:

I'll keep this short because its late and we have been at the track all day working on some new internet connections, but I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the LiveRC stuff. The only issue that we have really had is getting online with a solid internet connection. I hired a company to beam us wireless DSL for this entire week and paid quite a bit for it. They promised us 5+ mbps uplink, but that never happened. Their staff has been super helpful, but we have not been able to get more than 10 pings in a row without losing packets. This does not cut it for streaming media.

The issues today with the site were my fault. I was trying to do some changes on our database configuration, but something went wrong and it took longer than expected. I posted this a couple times in the chat, but it the chat was moving so fast that I think a lot of people missed the posts.

Anyways, anyone who has been on LiveRC before knows that I will bust my butt to fix any issues that arise. I am not in this to make money despite what some people think... I am way further in debt doing this than I care to think about. But in any case, our paying customers come first. I made a promise for this event, and I fully intend to deliver the coverage that we have planned. Today's coverage went awesome, but the video quality was limited because we were on cell cards. We knew on Tuesday that our internet connection we brought in was not even close to what we were promised, so I flew out one of our staff members on Tuesday afternoon to Akron, OH to pick up a satellite truck that I rented. He left Akron Wednesday morning and got back to Charlotte around 7pm. We tested the connection tonight with some recorded footage that we had, and it was awesome.

At this point, I don't care what we need to do or how much it costs, but we will deliver on our coverage for everyone who has paid and supported the site.

source: Brandon Rohde / http://www.LiveRC.com
illebille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:03 AM   #113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone got a full list of round results? I don't care about live coverage, would just like an overall picture of how everyone's doing. The best I can find is only the top 20 which is pretty poor considering there are 200 odd drivers there.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 AM   #114
Tech Adept

I'm heading up to the track now to watch the 3rd round of qualifying. I should be there in a little over an hour. I will be blogging live from the track just like at the last Pre-Worlds race. If you want to follow along you can read my posts here. No cost to refresh your browser and there's no streaming.

http://twitter.com/LesPorter
Old 09-18-2008, 05:18 AM   #115
Tech Master

I logged on to http://liverc.com and the video quality looks great........I think all the problems have been figured out.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Thanks Brandon! Looks waaaaaaay better today!

People.....pay up the $30 for Bonus Lap!

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #117
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

does anyone knows how much it cost to go around the track just for watching??does we need any pass or we have to wait in line to get that ticket?? thx!
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 194 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
does anyone knows how much it cost to go around the track just for watching??does we need any pass or we have to wait in line to get that ticket?? thx!
No cost to watch.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone else having trouble logging on? I could get on perfectly before, now it's stuck.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #120
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can't get on, paid for a bonus lap membership a couple of days ago and my account still shows me as standard...

I only paid because I wanted to watch the worlds, sorry not impressed.
tkcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote