Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen, O'donnell, Kyosho, Xray [lol]

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Mugen, O'donnell, Kyosho, Xray [lol]

Yah ok, another one of THESE threads. Seriously though, ive had to take some time away from rc cars currently, but next season im definately going to be getting another buggy or maybe truggy. I know these threads generally dont go very far, but I wanted to see if I could get any fair comparisons between the higher end cars available. Kyosho mp9, is it really going to be worth that much more than everyone elses kit? Xray 808, is this thing going to get outdated quick because it's been out a bit longer? Mugen MBX6, this thing is dirt cheap in price... it that an indication of a great deal or a kit to stay away from? O'donnell Z01B... this thing has cool packaging, and a high price tag, but is it really as good as an Xray or others? I've been trying to do the research myself, but all I can find are brand-fanboys drooling and raving about every piece of dust that touches their companies car.

Thanks for any imput
Old 09-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Break out the boxing gloves, mouth guards, and my dad can beat up your dad insults. It will start with a simple, “I prefer the 808 over the MBX6R”. Followed up with a “yea but”. Then it will turn into all out war, nobody will be singing “Kumb by yaw”. And the anger really starts to seep in; people will be getting mad, kicking the dog, throwing the middle finger up at the monitor. Going out and robbing the local 7-11. You will start abusing alcohol, drugs and prostitutes. (The $2.00 kind and not the hot ones). Start cross dressing, (some of you are already there) and after weeks of soul searching, you figured out that you should have been born a girl; you sell your “808” and opt to move to Trinidad, Colorado. (Sex change capital, look it up) and get the “changes” that you always new should be. You will renounce your “NAMBLA” membership, and get ready for your new life. All of this came about because someone asked, “Which is better”. Do you really want to know?

Yes, I’m in therapy…

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 09-03-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol^ Also, I think im really more ineterested in starting back up into truggy instead of buggy. However, this eliminates O'donnell from the picture leaving behind Kyosho, mugen, and Xray.

It seems to me Xray's truggy came out shortly after their last buggy, the XB8 i think. Because of that, doesnt it put Xray's current Truggy one model behind the 808 buggy? Does that mean that Xray has [or should have] plans to release and 808 based truggy? Also, am I wrong, did the truggy not come out way before the 808? I don't really know.

Mugen...they've got their new buggy coming out, so it's probably going to be a long, LONG haul before a new truggy comes out, 4-6 months maybe?

Same goes for kyosho, mp9 is coming out, then again...with truggies traditionally higher priced than buggies, I don't think im too keen on a 900 dollar kyosho truggy
Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

O'Donnell will have their truggy out soon.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh REALLLLY? how soon is soon? now im excited, i really want to atleast build an odonnell kit. Any guesstimate on a price? let me know
Old 09-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
Break out the boxing gloves, mouth guards, and my dad can beat up your dad insults. It will start with a simple, “I prefer the 808 over the MBX6R”. Followed up with a “yea but”. Then it will turn into all out war, nobody will be singing “Kumb by yaw”. And the anger really starts to seep in; people will be getting mad, kicking the dog, throwing the middle finger up at the monitor. Going out and robbing the local 7-11. You will start abusing alcohol, drugs and prostitutes. (The $2.00 kind and not the hot ones). Start cross dressing, (some of you are already there) and after weeks of soul searching, you figured out that you should have been born a girl; you sell your “808” and opt to move to Trinidad, Colorado. (Sex change capital, look it up) and get the “changes” that you always new should be. You will renounce your “NAMBLA” membership, and get ready for your new life. All of this came about because someone asked, “Which is better”. Do you really want to know?

Yes, I’m in therapy…
OMFG That was priceless
Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by agent 007.5
O'Donnell will have their truggy out soon.
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yea right! :h a:
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

No dates or pricing yet, only rumored for October. There's a pic of it at this link.
http://www.z01b.com/gallery.html
Old 09-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

easy answer that one they are all good cars, what you have to decide is whether the prices are worthy of the product, the new mugen is not out so you wont get any comments on that model and although the o'donnell looks good and certainly goes well in certain hands i havent really seen any others circulating, the Xray is as with all Xrays well put together but seems to be heading down the performance over life for some parts on the car but if thats ok then it will reward, kyosho again fairly new really and IMO well over priced especially compared to what other car manufacturers are presenting, any of the manufacturers you mention make good racing cars you spend your money and take your chance.

i take it you only mentioned the above as thats all your interested in ?????
Old 09-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Allumina, what RC brands does your LHS carry or will you purchase your kits and future parts off the internet?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allumina
It seems to me Xray's truggy came out shortly after their last buggy, the XB8 i think. Because of that, doesnt it put Xray's current Truggy one model behind the 808 buggy? Does that mean that Xray has [or should have] plans to release and 808 based truggy? Also, am I wrong, did the truggy not come out way before the 808? I don't really know.
I read in one of the columns on the Xray website that the designer isn't planning on updating the XT8 soon, because they're happy with how it performs right now, and it's still a very solid platform.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ]as]e
I read in one of the columns on the Xray website that the designer isn't planning on updating the XT8 soon, because they're happy with how it performs right now, and it's still a very solid platform.
That's true. XRAY made the announcement back in March that the XRAY XT8 would not change in 2008. You can see Juraj Hudy's reason for no changes by following the link.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey allumina: there are more buggies out there than the ones you listed such as AE rc8 losi 8ight ofna's hyper9 jammins x1x a rummered new cen buggy the matrix2,but yes those you listed are the most ready for release new buggies. Also performance and price are only two factors to look at in a new buggy some others are how easy it is to find and get spare and after market parts either on line or at your local hobby shop durability and how good there tech suport / return policy is? Hope this helps
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey allumina: there are more buggies out there than the ones you listed such as ofna's hyper9 jammins x1x a rummered new cen buggy the matrix2 and many others,but yes those you listed are the most ready for release new buggies. Also performance and price are only two factors to look at in a new buggy some others are how easy it is to find and get spare and after market parts either on line or at your local hobby shop durability and how good there tech suport/return policy is? Hope this helps
Old 09-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah i'm in the middle of selling an RC8. this thing hadles great, i'm really impressed with it but the parts quality and durability just isnt up to snuff for me. I've got a 7 year old Kyosho 7.5 [that i've also got for sale] that I have never replaced a part on, and its in better shape than my RC8 is after 2 gallons. And I maintain my stuff, the RC8 has not been abused. That to me is quality, im pretty sure i'm going to be going with an MP9, maybe closer to Christmas when money isnt as tight. The O'donnell seems to have some problems from what i've read... and although the quality is good, most people have flat ass said "the xray has better quality". The xray however, has been out for awhile, and I dont really wanna drop scratch on a new kit, that isnt necessarily new. The mugen, looks nice but I havent ever like mugen dirt cars, I just really like their onroad stuff. Guess that leaves the MP9 huh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.