R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Hottest RC Going appears to be CORR related (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/240539-hottest-rc-going-appears-corr-related.html)

JDCrow 09-03-2008 01:58 PM

Hottest RC Going appears to be CORR related

1 Attachment(s)
For all you CORR lovers. First it was Thundertech (yet to release), then Losi Desert Racer, Slash, Slayer, SC8, Castor Racing, and now HPI

But even one bigger than everyone else.

DJ919 09-03-2008 02:43 PM

Wow, it's a snow ball effect now!
I don't think this CORR / Desert/ Baja trend will over take the current dominance of 1/8th Buggy and Truggy, but they are D*mn sure giving it a a helluva shot. Can't blame these companies for wanting to try some-what different approaches. I'm just trying to figure out why they would make them on different scales. Wouldn't it have better if Losi, and HPI came out with 1:10th scale full fender "CORR" style rides in order to spark a good rivalry with Traxxas? In my opinion AE should have 10th scaled their latest tribute to full fender off-road racing. If they did, I think Traxxas would have been feeling the heat.
So the senerio is, Traxxas jumps out with the CORR inspired Slash and Slayer on the 10th scale...Associated goes in the same direction with an even more true to CORR styled vehicle, but for now only goes Nitro and playing in the 8th ball parks. Losi brings out pretty much a basher version of the "10th Scale" XXXT with the Open wheel "Desert/Baja" styled Truck...Now it looks like HPI is going with the multi terrian game and bringing out their "Desert/Baja" version but it will probably be on a different scale than the Losi version...there4 causing no real scuffle in that department....Uh,,,Okayyyyyyy :weird:
Well, out all of them, I think only the Slash will survive this new CORR/Desert inspired craze, unless the other companies down scale to 1:10... Right now AE is too expensive, and again 8th is dominated with open wheel buggies and truggies...The B&T dominance will not stop anytime soon...The Losi Desert truck has nothing in its class so it will more than likely stay among the back yard bashing ranks, or be treated like a red-head step child when allowed to slide into races with 10th scale o.w. traditional racing platforms..Don't know WHAT to say about the HPI version as of yet, but I think it will go down the same road. I think this trend would have hit off better if they all went 10th scale and built an attractive rivalry. As far as offroad this would have been a big boost for 10th scale racing to catch up with 8th.
My opinions only, and this is only in reference to racing aspects :)

charly71 09-03-2008 04:08 PM

i kinda agree i think ae needed to do their corr truck in 10th electric like the slash same with losi then that class would have been awsome to watch as the 3 would rival. instead they all went their own direction and now we have a huge mess!!! LOL

rjs_13203 09-03-2008 04:14 PM

looks to me they(losi and ae) dropped the ball on the corr thing. but hey that hpi looks sweet i might have to pick one of those up, never been a big fan of the looks of the baja.

Furadi 09-03-2008 04:53 PM

Guys, the slash and the SC8 will be the same size. Not sure why the slash is rated as an 1/10 scale because its the same size as an 1/8 scale buggy.

Furadi 09-03-2008 04:55 PM

Pics for comparison,

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...LAG/slash2.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...LAG/slash1.jpg

DJ919 09-04-2008 12:23 AM

Cool, and Nice comparison by the way...I still wish they were all playing as true 10s or 8s

So now the Slayer and the SC8 can actually go at it, being that they're both Nitro at size 8th. Yeah, why are the Slash & Slayer classified in the 10th scale if its the same size as an 8th buggy? Is it due to the specs of the chassis? I would guess that the actual full fender body of the Slash/Slayer is what makes them appear to be the size of an 8th. I wonder if the local tracks would actually let the Slayer & SC8 have at it. I would think AE would have the performance advantage, but Traxxas racers would get HUGE bragging rights by beating those running AE. ... Hey, this could be the making of something cool, fun and competitive...good stuff! :nod:...Wow, off road RC is opening up so many racing scenerios. So many inovative classes can come out of all these new platforms.

triplesix 09-04-2008 01:37 AM

really nice comparison!

air8 09-04-2008 05:21 AM

The SC8 is based off the RC8T (truggy) not the buggy. So to have comparision we need the AE truggy to sit next to the Slash. Then we'll se a huge difference.

Furadi 09-04-2008 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by air8 (Post 4804180)
The SC8 is based off the RC8T (truggy) not the buggy. So to have comparision we need the AE truggy to sit next to the Slash. Then we'll se a huge difference.

O i c.

hakmazter 09-04-2008 08:55 PM

I just want everyone to know that on the Caster side I was looking at the Slash and thought it was one of the greatest things to come. I noticed that it looked like the body would fit an 1/8 scale buggy and started a few threads about a conversion. While I was comtemplating for over a month, AE jumped on the ball and beat us to the punch. I think they did an awesome job of it also....and I am glad they did it. My whole thought process was to try to create a new racing class and it appears it will become a reality. Some of the other Caster team members are against it because of the whole go out and bash illusion that people have with the slash. I know there are people who are serious about racing the slash, so it would only make sense to me for those people to upgrade into the heavy duty high speed 4wd class that is not truggy. As for manufacturers, the reality is that it isn't reinventing the wheel, you can gain a completely different customer, and have almost all of the same parts on the wall.....

Mike

DJ919 09-05-2008 01:05 AM

Even though I will be starting out my first 8th scale nitro adventures with a Buggy, maybe a Truggy, I will be keeping an eye on this up & coming full fender deal. I know it has the pontential to be one of the best forms of off-road RC racing within the not too distant future. The AE & Traxxas platforms are just plain attractive. Especially the AE versions...I'm thinking if a few racers start showing up at the tracks with these true to scale machines, and the racing performance is on point, they will be a hit that "MAY" even challenge the domination of 8th scale Buggs and Trugs...Who knows, but this is a pretty exciting game of wait and see ;)