Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Hyper 7 TQ B

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ofna Hyper 7 TQ B

Anyone here own one? What kind of receiver packs do they use? I'm very very likely ordering one in the next day or so, along with some 20% Trinity fuel.. Any upgrades anyone could suggest?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

They use a 5 cell flat pack i believe?....

As far as spares go, it's a strong buggy so not a lot is needed... maybe some spare steering knuckles, ball-ends and a suspension arm or 2...

If you haven't ordered yet, you'd be much better off saving a few more dollars and getting a hyper 8.5... Handles much better, and parts are more readily available, the hyper 7 is getting old and hard to get parts for! (Hyper 8.5 uses a "hump" pack)
Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Well considering the 8.5 RTR is $200 more, I'm not so sure I want the latest one.. Are there any other buggies from Ofna that are around $330 or less that are not outdated?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

I'm not bagging the hyper 7, it was/is a great buggy. But i believe it's false economy because parts are getting harder to find... another option would be to find a hyper 8 rtr kit on ebay which may be a bit cheaper.... personally, i think that the hyper 8.5 is money well spent though, but it depends if you plan to race or bash?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

I plan on racing a bit.. I haven't raced since on-road, back in '04.... And I've never run nitro before, so I'm thinking I'll go with the LX-One or the Hyper 7 Black..
Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Because the battery "box" oh the H7 is open you can run either a flat or hump pack. I think the new H7 black is still competitive enough to run at club level racing.

Like anything else in this world, you can spend whatever you want on this hobby, but you DON'T have to have the latest/greatest buggy to race locally.

I would put a dab of shoe goo on the e-clips, ditch the pull starter, replace the steering servo with a z-590, and add a rechargeable receiver pack. Other than that, keep spare steering knuckles on hand and have a ball racing. Good luck.

OOPS - I left one thing out, wheels and tires. The stockers would be okay for practice / bashing on, but for racing I'd get a new set of wheels/tires.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowey79
I'm not bagging the hyper 7, it was/is a great buggy. But i believe it's false economy because parts are getting harder to find... another option would be to find a hyper 8 rtr kit on ebay which may be a bit cheaper.... personally, i think that the hyper 8.5 is money well spent though, but it depends if you plan to race or bash?

The Hyper 7 Black is a new release, so the supply of H7 parts will likely be good for 2-3 years easy.