Community
Wiki Posts
Search

v-spec vs jpx.21 engine comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use to think the O.S. vspec & speed were the $h*%... great engines but now the true gospel is JAMMIN BABY!!!!!. The JPX.21 has bottom end torque like a .28 ......top end is crazy ....Jpx .21 is on point you won't be disappointed
Old 09-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

i personally have never had a jpx .21 myself, but I have heard good things about them.

I had a vspec, and I ran about 2 - 3 litres through it and it was toast. it just gave up without any indication. And from my experiences with O.S, the customer support is pretty crappy too. I would never buy a .21 O.S. again
Old 09-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well i have ran both

vspec= biggest over rated pile of crap i spent my money on not even a gallon and the pile of crap was done for

jammin= great engine ran everytime once the needles are set and its running great dont ask more out of it. i loved this engine by far the best engine i owned
Old 09-03-2008, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow! This must be the Anti-O.S. thread!

Funny thing is, the original poster has probably seen more O.S. engines at his local track than any other engine, and I'm pretty sure the complaints here don't match what we see.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hey ezveedub..I do agree with you this thread is turning out to be Anti-OS.

But at the end of the day, some people were lucky with the OS and some not..Its just bad luck that it expired soon..
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

i think both motors are fast...

the os is smooth bottom to top

and picco rips bottom to top I don't think it's faster but for the price and life you can get out of em...you can't beat it

and as with any other motor or rc product people get "lemons" not to say all of you did but it's possible I had a vspec once a 06 model i believe and blew a bearing with 1 1/2 gallons...I intended to fix it but sold it to a buddy who already had bearings and he ran it a litte(it was fast)
Old 09-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

you guys should see my modded Jammin .21's run !!!

****just another shameless plug !***** lol

Last edited by Maximo; 09-03-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

im done with modded engines, seems like 50% work good and the other 50% are a pos, how do you mod you engines? with dremel?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjm1126
im done with modded engines, seems like 50% work good and the other 50% are a pos, how do you mod you engines? with dremel?
my work is much much much different then anything you have likely ever seen !!!! I use a mill, jewelers files, jewelers drill......
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Well this is reasurring to hear all the feedback since I just bought a new Jammin JPX .21 instead of the OS V Spec. I wasn't sure which engine to buy and had a budget of $250 to spend. The OS was $279 and the Jammin was $234 and the LHS gave it a good review so I ran with it. I am very impressed so far and for me the money savings was an added plus!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ok Bulldog, where are you? you asked opinions and you seem to have no feedback? I think you can get a pretty definitive answer to your question now.

Don't take a chance with the V-spec, when you can get the Jammin
Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Wow! This must be the Anti-O.S. thread!

Funny thing is, the original poster has probably seen more O.S. engines at his local track than any other engine, and I'm pretty sure the complaints here don't match what we see.
Your Dead on. Nobody ever complains about O.S. at our track. This is why i wanted a comparison and see what people think nationally. I am currently running a vspec and this is my 2nd vspec. my first one was never repinched and i got about 10 gallons on it(race gallons not bashing). I think i got every penny out of the first one. My 2nd has about 3 gallons on it thus far and it screams like a bat out of hell. So thus far, my opinion of O.S. is great but i do want to try some other engines and see what else is out there. I am gonna run an IDM modified engine next and then maybe a jammin. I will update once i run them. thanks for all the feedback guys and keep them coming.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Both are great engines. The Vspec FOR SURE has more top end HP "proven by not just an inaccurate and biased eye and ear dyno buy my X-Dyno that has no way of being biased" but the Jammin/Picco will have a little more bottom end punch. And my modified Vspecs have the most top end I have seen out of an off road engine that I have tested to date. And is what i personally run. BUT I like both engines equally to be honest. And if maintained like they should both engines will last. It all depends on how there ran and maintained.... I cant stress this enough.

I think the reason you see more OS hate is that there are simply more OS engines out there. When you have more of a product on the market there is more chance of complaints or complements on it. I see it both ways on these forums all the time. I HATE OS... OR I LOVE THE OS!! lol.

Here is an example of my modified Vspec. This will show the power potential these engines have. And my engines stay together and I run them hard trying to blow them up!! It's my job to do R&D and test these engines to there limits.

Here is a dyno chart.

And here is in car action of the AB Mods stage 2 Vspec in a 5T truggy. This is only tank 15 with the head still wraped to maintain heat. This also shows proof of how hard I beat on the engines to test there limits

Just me out playing around in the front yard.
www.abmods.com/videos/ABVspectank15.wmv
Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

well never ran jammin motors but the #1 driver in the midwest is also a jammin driver and he no longer runs the jammin motor. he runs a os speed that was NOT given to him, so if he would rather spend some money than use a free one that should say a little about the os motor. the new jx ninja os motor is butter smooth and screams on top end with a better block,carb,and crank than the vspec for only $30 more and 200 less than the speed.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ive ran all 3 vspec speed and jp21,, from now on i will be running the jp on club nights and the speed at bigg races, the jp dosint get near the run time but has every bit the power, and you cant beat the ease of tuning on the speed,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.