Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RB C6BBT L2G or OS Speed 21. >

RB C6BBT L2G or OS Speed 21.

RB C6BBT L2G or OS Speed 21.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

I havn't run the O.S., although I know from airplanes they make good products.

I currently run a c6BB l2g with the 2045. I don't have a whole lot to compare it to, however I can say that I love it. I also drive a brushless truggy that has TONS of bottom end so I was looking for an engine that wouldn't be so much a switch in driving style between the two. I will say that all of my racing buddies have driven my buggy and love it. So much, that they are considering buying the c6. You do know that they call the BB 'big bottom' right?

Anyway, I can also agree with the slight richness on the bottom end of the c6. It is not at all a problem, however it behooves you to keep the engine revving and clean.(this is good practice w/ any racing engine) This richness quite possible adds to the longevity. Having good lubrication at low RPM helps your engines wear.

The expense for the c6bb had me hesitant to purchase one as I am not a professional driver. Since I got it however, I have never had second thoughts. I love it. It holds its tune like a vice.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can get the OS speed at avery good price at the moment so will probably go for the OS. I have heard of good results with the Axe Rossi 2050 Marmita which is also much cheaper then the OS 2060. I guess price might be the deciding factor.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ezveedub
I haven't had any tuning or heat issues with the MAG Speed. I actually prefer the MAG head over the AL.
What i have found with the mag head is it can throw you off if tune by temp, however since i learnt to tune by smoke, sound and plug colour, i've had zero problems!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

I've had a Speed mag head since they first came out and after 6 gallons, it's still running strong on all original components. No slop whatsoever between the connecting rod and crank pin. I have found it to hold a tune as good or better than any other motor out there. I'm not one to tune by temp, but power, sound and smoke trail. I've also had a couple C6's and have yet to be very impressed by either one. I have driven a friend's truggy that had a C6, just like the two I have had, and it was a screamer but haven't been able to get my C6's to run quite the same. Bottom line, they're both great motors and you couldn't really be disappointed with either one. In the end, I'd choose the Speed for my racing.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Adept

I had the Speed Mag since last year around 5 gallons and never witnessed any leakage or tuning problems. I also vote for the Speed.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Evo IIII STI with 2013.......THAT is the ticket...
Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

well i have made my decision and went an os speed with a 2060 pipe. I think the Speed is better suited to a buggy buy the sounds of it.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

@ josh_c

Good choice Josh. OS speed is more suited to a buggy and the RB C6 is for the truggy.

Just wait for a gallon and then witness the power of the OS Speed.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by josh_c
well i have made my decision and went an os speed with a 2060 pipe. I think the Speed is better suited to a buggy buy the sounds of it.
Good choice!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15

I've seen and heard of guys getting 12 gallons out of an RB. I checked out a motor like that, While it ran, it wasn't making nearly the power it should have been. Just cause it still runs, doesn't mean its producing good power....
.... it does however mean it hasn't gone pop halfway through an A final you are leading

I don't mean to detract from a very good point... my RB has topped 9 gallons... it's a war dog at this point but it has never let me down. It doesn't develop the power it did but it will be filled with after run oil and go into a bag labeled "In case of emergancy".
Old 09-07-2008, 03:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice one josh.. We will be running the same combo at the track..Did you get the mag or AL head..Ive got 2 with the mag head and havent had any heating issues but my new one is AL head..I should have the 808 by end of this week.. Turning one of my losi into brushless electric.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
are you using the 2045 pipe?
Yes, I have the 2045 pipe
Old 09-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

get the c6l2g and the 2045 and be set
Old 09-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by juzza99
Nice one josh.. We will be running the same combo at the track..Did you get the mag or AL head..Ive got 2 with the mag head and havent had any heating issues but my new one is AL head..I should have the 808 by end of this week.. Turning one of my losi into brushless electric.
Good to hear Juzza, i can steal your setups . i got the alu head, meant to be easier to tune. Is there anywhere we can race the buggy before the proline challenge? would be nice to be able to.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think there is a club day at albion park on sunday week.21st sept. That track is sick. I will let you know if its on.. Its not that far from kembla mx track.

Have you driven your new buggy yet????? It will be good that we can help each other with setup and engine tuning.
I should have mine by end of this week.

Going to get avids????(not sure what avids) and the aluminum front and rear adj suspension pin holders off chris russell when he gets back from the worlds.. Probably gonna order a heap of different shock springs as well.