R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #61
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
i really like to come up there and race and you guys but i need a pit guy
One thing I know for sure about this hobby, is you can always find a Pit guy! So many people at any track always willing to help a brother out. Everyone can't run the same class, so there's always people free
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #62
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Twotan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
One thing I know for sure about this hobby, is you can always find a Pit guy! So many people at any track always willing to help a brother out. Everyone can't run the same class, so there's always people free
you are so right, most people at the track are more then happy to pit for you.
__________________
www.monarch-wheels.com
Magic Film's automotive car protection. Deals on the first 15 people.
Twotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #63
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mandeville LA
Posts: 357
Send a message via AIM to ryanroma Send a message via MSN to ryanroma Send a message via Yahoo to ryanroma
Default

If anyone cares to see what a Crime Fighters/ Bow Ties setup looks like on a buggy, I was bored and took some pics of my new tires and rims..

ryanroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #64
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

you cant really see much...try shooting outside with some good lighting.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #65
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mandeville LA
Posts: 357
Send a message via AIM to ryanroma Send a message via MSN to ryanroma Send a message via Yahoo to ryanroma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
you cant really see much...try shooting outside with some good lighting.
LOL, my cell phone camera doesn't work good, and my POS old 3.2mp camera doesn't do much better... I really need a new camera, maybe something that's not 5 years old lol..
ryanroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #66
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I think we are OK without the pics. Thanks for giving it a go though, I'm gonna bet the rear tires look like Bowties, and the front look like Crimefighters. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's being discussed, but you never know! We all like to see pics, Nice ride by the way! I love Ofna products
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #67
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Manchester NH
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

i used this combo at our last trophy race did better than i usually do our track is loam based and it started out packed but as the day progressed it got tore up did seem to matter to the tire combo will be using it again! i tried crims/boas and it slid everywhere of course the boas were a little bit worn so that might have been the issue!!
secondhand_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #68
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I'm hearing lots of positive feedback about the new AKA tires. People seem to like em even better, I don't remember off hand the combo that they are using, but so far I read that everyone that has tried them say they hook up even better than the Bowfighters, and also that the Inserts are much better, and supposedly last forever! (Inserts, not tyres) I think I may have to give them a try. I have also heard that because of the everlasting materials that the inserts are made of, people actually remove them when the tires are shot, and re-use the inserts on a new set. That's pretty cool, not having to throw away your tires every time the inserts turn to dust! That alone would make them invaluable, as in my case, the inserts usually get shot, long before the tire
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #69
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mandeville LA
Posts: 357
Send a message via AIM to ryanroma Send a message via MSN to ryanroma Send a message via Yahoo to ryanroma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I think we are OK without the pics. Thanks for giving it a go though, I'm gonna bet the rear tires look like Bowties, and the front look like Crimefighters. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's being discussed, but you never know! We all like to see pics, Nice ride by the way! I love Ofna products
Thanks, I was hoping the pic would show the differences between the treads..
Hopefully I will make it to the track Sunday to test 'er out if I get her broken in.. Though with school it doesn't look like I'll have time before exams..
ryanroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #70
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
i really like to come up there and race and you guys but i need a pit guy
we can figure that out no problem.
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #71
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroma View Post
Thanks, I was hoping the pic would show the differences between the treads..
Hopefully I will make it to the track Sunday to test 'er out if I get her broken in.. Though with school it doesn't look like I'll have time before exams..


Pay attention to the exams, your LX will be still be there after you ace the tests.

Good Luck!,.....I WANT ALL A'S MISTER!!, lol
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #72
Tech Elite
 
jamminnay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,012
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay
Default

bowfighters are awesome to put on in a pinch.. they seem to take my car to the next level.
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #73
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I'm hearing lots of positive feedback about the new AKA tires. People seem to like em even better, I don't remember off hand the combo that they are using, but so far I read that everyone that has tried them say they hook up even better than the Bowfighters, and also that the Inserts are much better, and supposedly last forever! (Inserts, not tyres) I think I may have to give them a try. I have also heard that because of the everlasting materials that the inserts are made of, people actually remove them when the tires are shot, and re-use the inserts on a new set. That's pretty cool, not having to throw away your tires every time the inserts turn to dust! That alone would make them invaluable, as in my case, the inserts usually get shot, long before the tire
Yes, the new AKA's are amazing! The best combo I think is the CityBeam. City Blocks up front and I beams in the back. Works great!
__________________
Team Horizon - Viper RC Solutions - Dynamite - Blue Thunder - Spektrum - JConcepts - Full Nelson Designs - RW Mods
KendallWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #74
Tech Elite
 
jamminnay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,012
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay
Default

i have not had any of the aka tires yet.. i guess i will have to break down and buy some
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JAMMIN X2 CRT!!!! luis carballo Nitro Off-Road 1009 02-07-2015 02:53 PM
what tires to run srtlongbow123 Nitro Off-Road 8 10-05-2008 05:48 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:05 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net