R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #46
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

lets say your poor ...lol.. is this set up a good way to purchase a set of tires for your 1st and only set for a while ? or somthing more general purpose be a better choice?
__________________
Alan Hall
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #47
Tech Addict
 
IanWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: If i'm not in England i'm in Southern California
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright
Default

[QUOTE=Jaz240;4836124]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaxx21 View Post
works great

bow-ties offer better forward bite (use them in the rear)
crime fighters steer better (use them in front)[/QUOTE

+1 that's the truth of it, but it only works well on watered down hard packed blue groove tracks. If the surface is loomy, or loose, you need something that digs deeper. At the Nitro Pit here in AZ, most of us practice with Knuckles, or badlands, and Race with the Bowfighters after the watering starts
Uuuuhhh... i don't really agree. The combo is used a lot to pull traction for run ups to jumps after tight corners as well as increase steering - in looser track conditions. Blue groove is plenty grippy enough so i would say it works there predominantly as it looses a little grip on the rear end and secondly adds a little forward bite.

Bowfighters are in regular use out here in SoCal and as a rule they are not blue groove tracks.

Would be interesting to know who first started using bowties and where... my impression was pros at Thunder Alley, i really don't know for sure though.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 AM   #48
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

[QUOTE=Jaz240;4836124]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaxx21 View Post
works great

bow-ties offer better forward bite (use them in the rear)
crime fighters steer better (use them in front)[/QUOTE

+1 that's the truth of it, but it only works well on watered down hard packed blue groove tracks. If the surface is loomy, or loose, you need something that digs deeper. At the Nitro Pit here in AZ, most of us practice with Knuckles, or badlands, and Race with the Bowfighters after the watering starts
since you mention Badlands ......do anybody have race with them and how are they i have thought about trying some on my revo but i sometime see them on truggies
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #49
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
lets say your poor ...lol.. is this set up a good way to purchase a set of tires for your 1st and only set for a while ? or somthing more general purpose be a better choice?
Get a set of Werks Lugs. Decent "all around" tire that lasts MUCH longer than most. Not as much traction as the ProLine tires, but not bad.
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #50
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=bobbyblaze;4851243][QUOTE=Jaz240;4836124]

since you mention Badlands ......do anybody have race with them and how are they i have thought about trying some on my revo but i sometime see them on truggies[/QUOTE


They are not really racing tires. They are very heavy, and you lose some Steering. They will pull you around in almost any condition, but I would not race with them
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:41 AM   #51
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is called Crimeties. NOT bowfighters.
same difference.
it's easier to sound like an expert if you don't have a shelfqueen as your avatar
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #52
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post

Uuuuhhh... i don't really agree. The combo is used a lot to pull traction for run ups to jumps after tight corners as well as increase steering - in looser track conditions. Blue groove is plenty grippy enough so i would say it works there predominantly as it looses a little grip on the rear end and secondly adds a little forward bite.

Bowfighters are in regular use out here in SoCal and as a rule they are not blue groove tracks.
Just goes to prove that there isn't any "pat" answer, no one tire option or combo works everywhere all the time.
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #53
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Twotan
Default

Has any body tried a panther gator rear with a crimefrighter front?
Twotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #54
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
same difference.
it's easier to sound like an expert if you don't have a shelfqueen as your avatar

Just so we are all clear. It is not called crimeties. The rear tire takes the first part of the name, since that is where the main traction is coming from. It is now and always will be called Bowfighters. If you say crimeties that would refer to crimefighters on the rear, and bowties on the front, which in most cases will just have your buggy doing 360's
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #55
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Just so we are all clear. It is not called crimeties. The rear tire takes the first part of the name, since that is where the main traction is coming from. It is now and always will be called Bowfighters. If you say crimeties that would refer to crimefighters on the rear, and bowties on the front, which in most cases will just have your buggy doing 360's
That's just dumb.
By the same token the name could be taken from the front tires first because they are on the front of the vehicle.
Doesn't make any difference either way, it's still a made up name.
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #56
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
That's just dumb.
By the same token the name could be taken from the front tires first because they are on the front of the vehicle.
Doesn't make any difference either way, it's still a made up name.
I agree 100%, it's all very dumb! The truth is, if you are at a track and ask someone what tires they are racing with, they will not say crimeties, or bowfighters, they will tell you they run Bowties in the rear and Crimefighters up front, so the whole thing is just stupid
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #57
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

shaking head @ bowfighter or crimeties doesn't matter...... just info or help on what ever suits the purpose but the "BOWFIGHTER theory "really works good i tried them on 3 different surface ...it hooks up and the steering i can't explain...thanks for the info guys
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #58
Tech Addict
 
IanWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: If i'm not in England i'm in Southern California
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
If you say crimeties that would refer to crimefighters on the rear, and bowties on the front, which in most cases will just have your buggy doing 360's
Crimes on the front for grip and bows on the back for forward traction and allowing the back to rotate seems to be the overall opinion, what you say there goes against that. With the general theory surely it would be more of a case of a loss of on power steering?

I ran with crimeties on a track recently when a track rutted up crazy time. I didn't have time to change to thicker front diff oil, bowties gave a little more pull on the front end so the car was pulling a little more through rutted bits rather than being pushed... it wasn't hugely noticable until an uphill part that got bombed out, picked up a little speed there without flipping out. Also the bows didn't seem to dig into ruts so much and spent less time playing bycicle.


As Cracka said, there is no pat answer...

Jazz... yeah, at our tracks people refer to the combo as bowfighters all the time and regular racers know exactly what it means.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #59
Tech Elite
 
Flying Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 4,452
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Bobby I ran bowties on the back and Crimefighters on the front of my MBX5T at Battlefield and it worked great.
__________________
MONKEY BUSINESS RACING
Flinging poo at a track near you! Winning hearts and minds everywhere!
www.graphicmonkeydesigns.com
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #60
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Bobby I ran bowties on the back and Crimefighters on the front of my MBX5T at Battlefield and it worked great.
i really like to come up there and race and you guys but i need a pit guy
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JAMMIN X2 CRT!!!! luis carballo Nitro Off-Road 1009 02-07-2015 02:53 PM
what tires to run srtlongbow123 Nitro Off-Road 8 10-05-2008 05:48 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net