R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-31-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to DirtRacer
Default Team Magic M8/MEight Buggy

thought id start the subject and see what people think of Team magic M8 and the TM1B Turbo and its new buggy and what have you guys with the buggy experienced...

from what ive seen in the early stages of its release in Australia the driver who might i add was hauling its ass around the track, created the impression of the buggy as being full of potential with its UFO like design with a beast of a RB at the heart of it, yea sure it was going like there was no tommorrow but it DID have flaws but now with its KFactory upgrades... how hass it come along??? and does anyone have the M8 or has it not arrived in shops yet??

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...0004&pageNum=1

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...0002&pageNum=1
www.myspace.com/renegadebearingsdist46

Last edited by DirtRacer; 08-31-2008 at 02:56 AM.
DirtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to DirtRacer

anyone have this buggy??? or the newest V.
www.myspace.com/renegadebearingsdist46
DirtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

I have both -- excellent buggies -- just no support in the states & too complicated of a design in the M1B Turbo for some -- with some mainstream drivers people & more support would truly see what a great buggy this is.
nashmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
Tech Regular

i agree! great buggy, but they damaged their reputation with all the early teething problems and i guess scared everyone off... plus i heard reports that team magic were reluctant to listen to feedback from team drivers, therefore losing those drivers.

The M8 is a very capable buggy. It's not as snappy in the rear and the front end has also been calmed down slightly. It's fast with the right setup, it just needs some more pro drivers to take a risk with it.... Having said that, why would they after their first experiences?

Oh BTW, i currently have both the Turbo and the M8 (turbo is now for spares) but they will be shelved soon for a Xray 808
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The M8 buggy is awsome. Im in the U.S and the car performs very well. I have driven for many company's and this is one of the best cars I have drove. You will see more results and more big names soon. Dont be afraid of change as this car is a great car and the price is unbeatable.
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

The Team Magic M8 is a good car. How you say bang for the buck. Yes I have problems with the way the corporation handles their business, but they are handing it (slowly but surely). Here in the US, midwest region the only hobbyshops that carry parts are online. But to me as only a club racer or sportsman, I deal with that. Parts are not that expensive, they do hold up to an extent of abuse. I may not be the best driver, but I can hang with them.

So if you are looking into the purchase of one you can find them at Wolfhobbies.com, or Ultralinehobbies.com, or you might be able to order one from RCShopping.com (but watch out for the shipping charges here).

You also need to ask yourself. Do I need parts now? Or can it wait until the parcel arrives.