R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default 95 is enough

Went out to shoot today and I just wasn't into it. I've shot so much r/c that I just don't get into it any more. The lease is coming up on my site and with things the way they are I'm going to let it go. If there are videos you want you need to download them as soon as possible or risk the site going down before you get them.

The vids I'm going to be doing going forward won't require me to have a site to host them. I might end up doing some more r/c in the future but right now I'm done.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Sorry to hear you are giving up your site. The videos you do are incredible and I hope you still post some here on the forum. I wish luck with your future endeavores Griz11.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

CAMERAMAN DOWN!!! CAMERAMAN DOWN!!! QUICK DIAL 911

Seriously Griz gonna miss your vids they are the BOMB!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Urgg.....well that sucks Griz.....what more can i say.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default They might remain up

Had a guy contact me last night about moving them to his site so they remain available. Don't know how he'll redirect the links though. But he's pretty swift on things network so if there is a way he'll figure it out.

I'm still going to be doing videos. Longer more involved videos. You can always check the youtube channel www.youtube.com/griz11 for new ones. The boat vids I'll be doing are going on Drag Boat Racing Interactive's site. So I don't need a site of my own to host them. Money is getting tighter and tighter. No raise in sight here so something's gotta give.

Then there is the moron faction. The sub humans that like to send threats and such via the net for some unknown reason. I guess they can't stand to see someone actually do something with their life. Try to attack your site even though there is nothing to be gained by doing so. I can't take the chance of opening up an e-mail some day and stroking out because of the disgusting crap I read.

While the interaction with people is one of the main attractions to doing this I have realized that in this day and time that isn't always possible. I'm not going to quit making videos. What I am going to do is limit the ways anyone can interact with me for doing so. Possibly create a mailing list or some other private way to communicate with the people that appreciate my work. That sucks but how do you know if a threat is an idle one or some psycho is actually targeting you? I'm regrouping and trying to figure out how I'm going to proceed.

When I went to shoot yesterday nothing worked. Not to mention getting rained on. I just wasn't into it. I had to force myself to stay. Maybe that will go away but this is the 3rd time something like this has happened. Sooner or later you start asking yourself why am I spending all this money and time when there is plenty of wildlife etc to video minutes from my house. Shooting a running deer is much harder than an r/c car. Believe me I haven't gotten one down yet and I shoot deer most every day.

One good thing that occured yesterday was getting to use my Mega battery. Actually its a dual charger/adapter that holds 2 9xx series batteries. With the BP970G batts in there that is 14K mah. Loads of shooting time and you can hot swap the batts without turning off the camera. Then when you are finished shooting you unplug the top connector and plug in an ac cord and it charges up the two batteries. That is going to come in real handy in Nov. I figure I'm going to have my wife come by around noonish to pick up batteries and take them back to the hotel to charge. Otherwise if I wait until I'm done shooting for the day I won't have time to get them all charged before the next day. Next month I'm going to add a video light and battery belt and some additional batteries for the camera and I'll have everything I need for the World Finals shoot. Might add one additonal charger that works off a car battery. I'll have my scooter so I could charge one while I'm shooting. Then I wouldn't have to hassle with meeting up with my wife to hand off batteries. Just depends on how close I can park my scooter to where I'm going to shoot from.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Good luck and have fun buddy!
I get sick or just racing sometimes and have to take a break.
I never could figure out how you pic/vid guys could spend what I can only imagine is hours.hours.hours. and more hours editing and posting the work.
Have fun with your new shooting materials!!
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Griz i must say, i only found your video's on youtube only a few weeks back and they are probably some of the best racing video's on the site.

From personal experience i know making the video's you do isn't just point and shoot.. thats 40% of the job. but the hours it takes to put a video together, thats where the real work comes in.

Enjoy your break from R/C and take as much time off as you need. All of us will know we are in for something special when you come back.

Best of luck in the future

jase
TC3ElectricGuy is offline   Reply With Quote