R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Tech Adept

I'll trade my v-spec for a GO anyday and I'll never buy a P.O.S. O.S. again mine only lasted 1.5 gals (going on 12 on my Novarossi, 8 on one Serio 4 on the other, and 3.5 on a Pico) put it in the round file where it belongs and get a real engine.
backyardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardracer View Post
I'll trade my v-spec for a GO anyday and I'll never buy a P.O.S. O.S. again mine only lasted 1.5 gals (going on 12 on my Novarossi, 8 on one Serio 4 on the other, and 3.5 on a Pico) put it in the round file where it belongs and get a real engine.
I haven't seen a GO have any luck at out track. The OS seems to be the local choice, V-Specs, Speeds and the new JX21.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm not trying to start a ''my motor is better than your motor war here'', but I will say this; From what I have seen Go Tech makes some great motors. I have a go motor and so do a few guys local here and have had great success. We have guys running O.S, GRP, Nova Rossi, go's, sport werks, and just about everything else and the Go 5-port and 7-port keep up w/the best of them. Heck, even the 3-port motor has surprised some guys. Some of the GO's have over 6 gals. on them and are still just fine.. while one of our guys has a novarossi that just loves to grenade. Point is I am not bashing anyones motor choices I just think the go's are worth considering. Just my 2 cents...
03racefan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We took EVERYTHING out of the motor and cleaned it all and it runs great so I am stoked.
www.builtrc.com
Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03racefan03 View Post
I'm not trying to start a ''my motor is better than your motor war here'', but I will say this; From what I have seen Go Tech makes some great motors. I have a go motor and so do a few guys local here and have had great success. We have guys running O.S, GRP, Nova Rossi, go's, sport werks, and just about everything else and the Go 5-port and 7-port keep up w/the best of them. Heck, even the 3-port motor has surprised some guys. Some of the GO's have over 6 gals. on them and are still just fine.. while one of our guys has a novarossi that just loves to grenade. Point is I am not bashing anyones motor choices I just think the go's are worth considering. Just my 2 cents...

I agree but the carb is crap, I've owned 3 go motors and I bet I've gone through at least 7 go carbs. Only had to change one out on a 5 port and the rest were through two 7 ports. Nice motor but by the time you get done screwing with carbs and put a decent one on it your at the price of a Vspec or P5X...
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

Glad your motor is OK. I had a speed such dirt around the 4 gallon mark. Racers Edge air filters suck, the dirt went right through it.

My last vspec went over 10 gallons before loosing compression but I run it rich. Go techs are overpriced junk.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:19 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

yeah, if an engine sucks in fine dirt, does more damage to the sleeve/piston as opposed to anything else...

Tearing it down completely and cleaning it will save any further damage.

The one thing I'd recommend is to send it (piston/sleeve) to rayaracing.com for a pinch. This will return good compression to the engine. Should last a long time after that.....

BTW, I've driving all manner of engines, V-Spec, RB C6BB, WS7 III, S7, GRP .21, on and on.... I find the money is well spent on the better engines. They seem to perform better than the lower-end engines, longer life even when you are driving it at 99% holding nothing back....
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushyar15 View Post
yeah, if an engine sucks in fine dirt, does more damage to the sleeve/piston as opposed to anything else...

Tearing it down completely and cleaning it will save any further damage.

The one thing I'd recommend is to send it (piston/sleeve) to rayaracing.com for a pinch. This will return good compression to the engine. Should last a long time after that.....

BTW, I've driving all manner of engines, V-Spec, RB C6BB, WS7 III, S7, GRP .21, on and on.... I find the money is well spent on the better engines. They seem to perform better than the lower-end engines, longer life even when you are driving it at 99% holding nothing back....
Definitely, I would never buy a cheaper motor like a GO or any of those. I am gonna send my RB to RayRacing to get pinched but the VZ-B runs perfectly right now so I'll hold off on sending it in.
www.builtrc.com
Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote