RB S5 L2G

Old 08-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default RB S5 L2G

JUST GOT THIS MOTOR AND FINSHED BREAKING IT IN. DOES ANYONE RUN THESE MOTORS. LOOKING FOR ALL HELPFUL ADVICE NORMAL OPERATING TEMP TUNNING TRICKS ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME BE TROUBLE FREE AND KNOW THE MOTOR FROM THE START INSTEAD OF FIGURING OUT ON MY OWN
Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default rb

thx. hopefully someone can give us some good advice.

rb runnin smooth baby!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

runs best for me at 250*...I use a 7mm venturi with a rb2045 pipe and 98 header...great power and run time...tracks I run on are med size so alot of top end is not needed...
Old 08-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
runs best for me at 250*...I use a 7mm venturi with a rb2045 pipe and 98 header...great power and run time...tracks I run on are med size so alot of top end is not needed...
+1
Old 08-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

agreed, I also run the 2045 pipe and 98mm header. But I run the s7 l2g. Mine seem to run best at 240 to 250
Old 08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mixedguy
JUST GOT THIS MOTOR AND FINSHED BREAKING IT IN. DOES ANYONE RUN THESE MOTORS. LOOKING FOR ALL HELPFUL ADVICE NORMAL OPERATING TEMP TUNNING TRICKS ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME BE TROUBLE FREE AND KNOW THE MOTOR FROM THE START INSTEAD OF FIGURING OUT ON MY OWN
You won't see a RB's real power till after a gallon so be patient. I find that they need to be a tad rich on the lsn. A good test is to make sure it loads up when idle for 20 seconds. It should create alot of smoke clearing out the engine after a 20 second idle. Once you got the bottome end tuned hsn tuning will be a breeze. You won't have to worry about retuning to much as RB's hold a tune like a vise. Go easy the 1st gallon thats one of the drawbacks to RB's is long break in. Which corresponds with there upside of long life. Hope your running a Rb pipe as JP's tend to make them run hot. Go to the RB USA website and check there forum.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default thanks

tabks for the tips guy i really appreciate the help yea jp 4 i used had motor around 260 270 mark thanks for that tip will get rb pipe
Old 09-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Well, since my OS failed I'm going to need a new engine sooner than I thought. This RB S5 is at the top of my list as of now but need time to seriously look at the competition. So what I'd like to know is how a REX EFRA 9886 will work with this engine becuase that's what I have available. And how do I measure my header to tell if I've got what's considered a short or long one?
I understand the theory of pipes but is the one thing I've never gotten into and fully understood. Need some help. I know it won't be the BEST choice but if I can measure my header and you can tell the the pros and cons of the 9886 with an S5 I sure would appreciate it!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

9886 should make it scream with loads of top end.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bjr48
Well, since my OS failed I'm going to need a new engine sooner than I thought. This RB S5 is at the top of my list as of now but need time to seriously look at the competition. So what I'd like to know is how a REX EFRA 9886 will work with this engine becuase that's what I have available. And how do I measure my header to tell if I've got what's considered a short or long one?
I understand the theory of pipes but is the one thing I've never gotten into and fully understood. Need some help. I know it won't be the BEST choice but if I can measure my header and you can tell the the pros and cons of the 9886 with an S5 I sure would appreciate it!
I have never ran that pipe before. I just want to say I just got my first GO 7port and dammnnn its fast. It's a good bargain at $209 I just can't testify to long life which is my favorite thing about the RB's. Well maybe it's there ease of tunning or maybe it's the way they scream as well. Definately impressed with the GO!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Vladconnery, I also have a Go 7 port and when I can get that thing to run right it freakin screams. Problem is that I have been chasing a tune with that engine. Replaced all the variables you can think of and still had issues. Long story short, I bought a S5 L2G to replace the GO and wouldn't you know it, had problems with that too.

Your probably thinking that I am the problem, well that is one of the variables I eliminated. I have 5 master tuners at the track try and tune my S5 and it wouldn't tune. I sent it back to RB and I hope to get it back this week.

My question is how will the S5 perform with the Dynamite .053 pipe. Will it work well or should I buy a RB pipe. If so, which one do you recommend?

Back to the GO, turns out that I had two issues at once which is why I couldn't figure it out. Bad RC8 tank, (duh), and bad needles in the GO.

I am just trying to avoid buying another pipe if I don't have too. Your thoughts?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by petevette
Vladconnery, I also have a Go 7 port and when I can get that thing to run right it freakin screams. Problem is that I have been chasing a tune with that engine. Replaced all the variables you can think of and still had issues. Long story short, I bought a S5 L2G to replace the GO and wouldn't you know it, had problems with that too.

Your probably thinking that I am the problem, well that is one of the variables I eliminated. I have 5 master tuners at the track try and tune my S5 and it wouldn't tune. I sent it back to RB and I hope to get it back this week.

My question is how will the S5 perform with the Dynamite .053 pipe. Will it work well or should I buy a RB pipe. If so, which one do you recommend?

Back to the GO, turns out that I had two issues at once which is why I couldn't figure it out. Bad RC8 tank, (duh), and bad needles in the GO.

I am just trying to avoid buying another pipe if I don't have too. Your thoughts?
1st congratulations on understanding that sometimes the problem can be outside of the users knowledge. When all else fails have some fresh eyes look at your problem. 2nd congratulations on the Go and the RB. Starting to find out they are both good engines.

I would say as long as your not running a JP pipe. You will probally be ok with the .053. I have not run this pipe before. I do know that a JP+RB= Just keep in mind that a RB pipe is going to give you the best performance. I got my RB w/ header used for $40 here.

Good Luck
Old 09-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vladconnery
I got my RB w/ header used for $40 here.

Good Luck
that's a good point if my pipe doesn't work out. Buying a pipe that cheap is a pretty low risk purchase. I'll keep that one in mind.