R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I never said electric racers were more laid back. I did say that a couple nitro racers at my track commented that things in the pits seemed more laid back during the electric day of our trophy race. That's out of the mouth of the nitro guys, not me... and was a comment in general, and not about the racers themselves or the action on the track. It was about the basic atmosphere in the pits, etc.

If you don't agree, that's cool. No biggie.

I don't understand the hostility in this thread either.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

some people including myself love nitro and electric other hate nitro and love electric and other hate electric and love nitro..for me i see the fun/advantage to both and when my money is right I will have both a truggy and buggy lipo/brushless powered in my garage
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #93
Tech Master

...LOL, The funny thing about this thread is that the original poster has surely had his question answered in so many direct/indirect ways. You can see the passion and loyalty of each driver toward his own preference of RC go power. The slight bit of bashing is always going to be there. Its like Ford vs Chevy, Import vs Domestic..When you open a thread like this, smack talk should always be expected. Its just smack talk that shouldn't be taken seriously, and if you view it right, it can be good for the hobby/sport for the mere show of passion. This is present in every single successful sport, job, competition...etc...etc...Just try to keep it contained.
To the original poster, all in all, I think it comes down to the economy and What exactly is the popular racing classes in YOUR area. If the LHS is still running Spec legend oval, and there's nothing else running, than Spec Legend Ovals are the over-take ..GAWD I would hope not, but you get the point..lol... It pretty much will not make a difference as to which (electric or nitro) has the potential of taking over as a whole. If 8th scale electric takes over country wide, but your direct racing area will not hear of it, and sticks with 8th nitro only, than its a done deal. As an 8th scale electric investor, you may have the most popular rc racing platform "Country, or World" wide, but in YOUR area, you have no one to run with because 8th Nitro is the scene...or vice versa. For "racing" purposes always observe what's hot in YOUR area...NEVER try to be a pioneer in this game unless you got the money or sponsorship to do so...lol...Buy the wrong platform, thinking its going to be the next big thing, and find out just the opposite!...Trust me...Wait for others to dance first, and keep an eye on whats hot on your local racing scene. ...I think in the LONG haul of it all Nitro will remain the most consistent as the dominant off-road go-power "country-world" wide...I know it dominates at most of the tracks the my home state and the 3 surrounding.
DJ919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #94
Tech Master

I knew I was going to open a can of worms when I started this thread. But I just sold my Eight, VZB and pipe, because of the economy (damn republicans). But I will get back on my feet soon enough and will be getting a 808 and C6/2045 and didn't want to invest that money if it would be a better idea to go electric.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #95
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
(damn republicans)
You are SO right!...lol..but I think you may have just opened up another can or worms...
Good luck with everything
DJ919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88
Default ...

I will be the first to admit that my first reply was a C-hair irrational but the replies I quoted were much more irrational IMO. I drive both and enjoy both, I feel that instead of wondering what electric will do to nitro we should pool our thoughts into keeping the sport as a whole in tact, as I said before, they are toys and we should speak highly of both to keep our toys alive...
Old 09-06-2008, 02:03 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
(damn republicans)
Let's not forget, Democrats have had two years of control in both the house and senate, with enough republicians that hate Bush to get voting majority. Did they do anything? Nooooooo!

No flame or call out, just saying what i see. I agree the republicans have done wrong, but so have the democrats.

back on topic now
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

politics LOL

Dems and Reps... all the same crap, just two different ways to get there.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #99
Tech Apprentice

I have to agree that nitro ain't going anywhere. I just don't agree that a electric can beat a nitro. I've seen 8th on-roads run and that's stupid fast, to 60 in 2 sec and top out at 75 to 80. Nitro is here to stay I don't see brushless comming out for 8th on road anytime soon. Electric is for guys that can't tune an engine. Batteries are for flashlights, and to start my car.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #100
Tech Apprentice

to quote somebody from another forum

"electric is like watching tv with the sound turned off"
Neil777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #101
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to wcrase101

i think both are just as fun as the other i race 8th scale @ outdoor club track, race 10th scale electric stadium @ my backyard track( so i don't pisss off the neighbors), 18th scale electric @ club oval during the winter months, i love them all
wcrase101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #102
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Twotan

I love nitro car's however, it fuel hit $50 per gallon. i don't know, it may get tooooo expensive to run. Since every time i go out i use about 1/3 of a gallon or more. what happen to $25 per gallon. That was only like 4 months ago. it was that long. The last gallon i got was $41. byron Gen 2 30%.

I sure hope the price of nitro come's back down to $25.

Just my two cents.
Twotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
Let's not forget, Democrats have had two years of control in both the house and senate, with enough republicians that hate Bush to get voting majority. Did they do anything? Nooooooo!

No flame or call out, just saying what i see. I agree the republicans have done wrong, but so have the democrats.

back on topic now

Yea, yea, yea,,,

Dems don't have a "filibuster prof" edge in eather house. Republicans are just being pestulant children and not wanting to play nice.. Just wait!!! Dems get control then let the "INVESTIGATIONS BEGIN"!!!!!!!!!

Ok, back on topic... Just needed to speek my peice...

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote