R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Well after some searching and many dead ends, I think I found one. Stormer Hobbies had 1 left in stock.

I generally don't have much confidence when there is only 1 left (it is normally an inventory glich), but when I purchased it, the inventory system changed it to out of stock so there is some hope.

I paid a little more than I wanted ($170, plus shipping), but if I get it, it will be worth it I guess.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #17
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

you will not regret it and you may have got the last one out there
good going I really like the one I have some may say that cold pressing
is bad you can all ways hit it with the heat gun or not
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I would beg to differ. Cold pressing bearings is more stress on the block and may produce metals scrapnel or shavings while forcing a bearing place.
You will never produce any metal shaving while pressing a bearing in. The bearings do not have a sharp edge. I assure you when you send a engine to any company to have warranty work etc they do not use a oven. But the oven method does work. They use something like the GRP tool. I also am pretty certain the bearings are pressed in when the engine is built new. It's a much safer way than using your oven. You can do it at the track, in a hurry, etc. We do a lot of engines at my shop and I love the ones we have.

10 years ago Maxy was using tools like this to do bearings and you know he knows the ins and outs of engines.