R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-27-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default binding a spektrum radio and receiver

ive never bound a spekrtrum radio and i tried binding my radio the other night and couldnt get it to work.

i first help the bind button the receiver and turned it on and the light never went flashing. when im doing this i have everything hooked up to like throttle and steering servo and the battery are all hooked into it

so then i tried the radio and i pushed the button in and turned the radio on and it started blinking then blinking faster then went solid green.

what am i doing wrong
The #1 site for all your nitro needs
egobuster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

I always hold down the bind button on the receiver first. Must hold this down before turning the vehicle on. Once you turn the vehicle on continue to hold the bind button for about 1.5 seconds after. Once you let go of the bind button on the receiver you should see it flashing green. It will continue to do this until you bind the transmitter. Now I take the transmitter and hold the break fully engaged this will act as your return position of the servos if you lose power or signal (fail safe) I then hold down the bind button on the back of the transmitter then turn on the power. (be sure to hold the break at full as well as the bind button at the same time) The button on the back of the transmitter should flash green for a couple seconds then it will pick up the bind of your receiver. Make sure that all of your servos and batteries are plugged into the receiver in the correct polarity.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Tech Regular

alrgiht cuz i have been holding the bind button on the receiver and then turning on the car and i still continue to hold the button in and it just never seems to flash but ill try it again when i get home
Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Try starting with the transmitter. Hold down the bind button and turn it on, holding the button until it flashes. Then hold down the bind button on the receiver and turn it on.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 AM   #5
Tech Regular

alright ill try that

my question is tho wen i turn the car on holding the bind button on the receiver will ti start blinking or do i have to let go of the button after bout 2 secs then it will start blinking?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobuster1 View Post
alright ill try that

my question is tho wen i turn the car on holding the bind button on the receiver will ti start blinking or do i have to let go of the button after bout 2 secs then it will start blinking?
Actually if you do the transmitter first, it will blink. (Transmitter) The receiver, hmmmm... I never noticed... you can tell when it binds though... MINE at least gives a little "twitch" like when you power the receiver on (moves the servos I mean) and that tells me it is bound.

Give it a try. I think you'll be successful, unless something is wrong with either the Tx or Rx.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #7
Tech Regular

alright ill try it wen i get home and keep u guys posted