Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
AMERICAN REVIEW OF COBRA SERVOS >

AMERICAN REVIEW OF COBRA SERVOS

AMERICAN REVIEW OF COBRA SERVOS

Old 08-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default AMERICAN REVIEW OF COBRA SERVOS

Team Cobra Servo Review
I just wanted to give you guys a review of the new Cobra servos.

The race was the ECNS Round 8 at the Badlands. The track was open on Friday and the race was on Saturday. The track is a hard clay with sand and likes to groove up.

I started out doing some hot laps and was very happy with the speed of the servos but the biggest test was going to be the sweeper at the end of the straight away where a lot of servos on the market like to fade. So I drive hard into the corner, harder then I do most of the time to see how strong the servo was. I was using the 13g servo for steering and 9g for my throttle and all I can say is that these servos are awesome, no fading at all and very fast.

In the past, I like to use a servo with a lot of tq (370 oz) but had to give up speed because no one made a servo for both but when I test the servos from Cobra, they were as strong or stronger then my old servos and faster. Also I race a 30 min. a-main and the servos did not drain my batt. at all. This has been a problem sometimes in the past with other servos out there on the market from other companies.

A+ Angelo and thanks Charlie for letting me try them.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

lets have someone test them that is not affiliated with cobra racing.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Feel free to buy some and try them out and give a review.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think I would prefer to spend my money on something tried and true.

Heard to many bad things about cobra products, not to mention false outrageous claims on most of there products.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28

Heard to many bad things about cobra products, not to mention false outrageous claims on most of there products.
Ooooooo you better check under your bed before you go to sleep tonight, there just might be a cobra waiting for you!

But seriously, I agree. nothing wrong with my futaba servos!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wes95_z28

Dear sir

You have heard what about cobra products please tell me and others so we both know and we can improve.

Ask me and i will tell you what you want to know but dont go around saying ive heard things about cobra products without facts .Please tell us all and i will provide the facts and the claims you are saying.what do you say ??please provide me with our outrageous claims about our products and i will provide you the answers and the facts anything you want material data ,engineering you name it and you will have it .are you up to the challenge??? im a proffessional and so if you are a proffessional as well then im sure it will be a great experience for both of us .

take care my friend and i will await your reply

Ps: if your claming that our wing is not virtual wind tunnel tested and designed well then you wouldnt have a clue about engineering .Computational Fluid Dynamics or CFD is the software were you design the product on pro e ,autodesk,auto cad or solidworks and then you send the file to f1 cfd then you make the changes to perfect your product according to the results you get . Theres a little lesson for you

Last edited by COBRARACING; 08-27-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

send me 1 and ill do a review. im very hard on servos so i think i would be a good test canidate
Old 08-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheesecake
send me 1 and ill do a review. im very hard on servos so i think i would be a good test canidate
cheese contact charlie and im sure he will make one available
Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

All this sounds like to me is someone trying to get smething for free. I am not trying to be rude if you dont like the product then so be it but dont come on here starting all this drama like normal. Someone bought our servos and wrote a review so who are you to starting drama over that. As for us heard of before look around I have drivers all around the country running our product.We are new to america but have been winning races for a long time. With our new tire designs and testing of new products we will be very competive this year and also very affordable to the racers budget.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

im not bashing the product i really want to test it. i have broken some of the most expensive servos. im willing to do a test on it and a review and post my results. who is a cobra racing retailer in the us
Old 08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am, I will contact someone at one of the mags soon to do a review not a normal racer sorry cheesecake no offense.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With all due respect... if you want a review on a forum, rather than someone who is part of the company putting the servo out reviewing you would be better off with a "Normal racer" reviewing it for the forum.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have some people who purchased them i will have them write something. I dont see JR sending out servos to just anyone for a review sorry.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I love threads like this!

Dr Mr Cobra Guys,

If your servos are faster, stronger, more reliable,less expensive, and better made than my JR's I will gladly purchase 1 or 2, and give a review. Please provide purchase options. Thank you, Big Boob Avatar Guy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.