R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-31-2008, 11:02 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

It's just like being sponsored by a tire company. Even if I was sponsored by pro-line I wouldn't run their tires every race, I would run which tires are best for that track and conditions.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #92
Tech Rookie

Man i got to say just raced yesterday with two servos i got from Team Cobra and let me tell you these things are awsome i am running the 9kg on the throttle and the 13kg on my sterring my nanda buggy felt great they are smooth and it was effortless to make fast consistent laps i am so glade that i gave them a try my futabas are forsale only cobra stuff for me for now on!!!!!!
plus they are about 20$ cheaper than the s9351's that i have. Also i cant wait to buy the tires when they get here too saw charlie the owner run some they are hooked!!!!!!
4wdNANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdNANDA View Post
Man i got to say just raced yesterday with two servos i got from Team Cobra and let me tell you these things are awsome i am running the 9kg on the throttle and the 13kg on my sterring my nanda buggy felt great they are smooth and it was effortless to make fast consistent laps i am so glade that i gave them a try my futabas are forsale only cobra stuff for me for now on!!!!!!
plus they are about 20$ cheaper than the s9351's that i have. Also i cant wait to buy the tires when they get here too saw charlie the owner run some they are hooked!!!!!!

I'm glad I am not the only one who has positive thoughts about these servos!

I've just fitted a 13kg one on the steering and a 9kg on the throttle of my TMG4...

So far , I think they are great . I opened them up for a bit of an inspection before I fitted them, all the soldering of the surface mount components on the circuit board looks top class, nice heavy duty cables, nice coating of heat transfer paste between the motor and the heat sink....

The gears themselves are brass & aluminum, the spline is exactly the same as the futaba.... ( so is the box that they come in )

The only gripes I have:

#1, The gears on the 9kg are a little noisier than the gears on the 13kg...fixed after a small amount of grease was re-smeared over the gears.

#2, There are no sealing O rings between the casing parts and the heat sink, perhaps these are not required as the plastic is a nice, tight and very precise fit onto the alloy - however there are O rings on the end of the screws that hold the servo together. ( either way, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a smear of grease ).

Speed wise, I cannot tell the difference between the two, both are fast enough for me. Cobra claim 0.13s to 60deg, I think they may actually be a tad faster.

Last edited by Sp Racer; 09-10-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: some of what I wanted to say didn't come across right !
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:19 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
I'm glad I am not the only one who has positive thoughts about these servos!

I've just fitted a 13kg one on the steering and a 9kg on the throttle of my TMG4...

So far , I think they are great . I opened them up for a bit of an inspection before I fitted them, all the soldering on the circuit board looks top class, nice heavy duty cables, nice coating of heat transfer paste between the motor and the heat sink....

The gears themselves are brass & aluminum, the spline is the same as the futaba.

The only gripes I have:

#1, The gears on the 9kg are a little noisier than the gears on the 13kg.

#2, There are no sealing O rings between the casing parts and the heat sink, perhaps these are not required as the plastic is a nice, tight fit onto the alloy - however there are O rings on the end of the screws that hold the servo together. ( either way, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a smear of grease ).

Speed wise, I cannot tell the difference between the two, both are fast enough for me. Cobra claim 0.13s to 60deg, I think they may actually be a tad faster.
Dear Sp Racer

yes you are correct the servos are actually faster than what has been stated and also they have more kg/oz in torque .we just like to give our customer a little more than specified.

The rubber seal around the casing is not needed and the reason why is the mold is a very expensive high precision mold with no tolerences in other words a perfect fit and so are our cnc heat sinks .If you ever come across our tyre and wheel range you will understand what im taling about when it comes to precise molds with no defects .

I believe and i have learnt in the past do it once and do it proper.

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #95
Tech Elite

Dear Freinds from all around the world

I would like to explain a couple of things about our company cobra-sino model tech co ltd

1.we are owned by 3 very devoted guys who love the hobby Angelo,Graham and Arthur

2.we are based in China and Australia .now lets break it down to make it easier.

1A.Registered office and sales are based in Hong Kong
1B.factory manufacturing/office and exports are based in Shantou china
1.C office/sales/engineering/warehouse are also based out of Australia Brisbane and sydney.

Teamcobrausa is only a distributor in the usa and owned by the lineberger family in charlotte north carolina they are not an owner or have any say in the worldwide business of cobra-sino model tech co ltd .They are a distributor like everyone else around the world .

ok i hope this info helps alot of you and you can support cobra-sino model tech co ltd and the lineberger family in the usa with there quest to break into the tough American market .

Give us your support i promise we will not dissapoint

I would like to thank everyone for there time to read my post and i wish all of you great success at the track,may your families be safe,God bless America and the people of New orleans with the storm thats coming through and i hope our products get you all to the podium in whatever country you may live

with maximum respect Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 08-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #96
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Well that was really nice. Makes me feel bad for all the stupid bullshit I said. How can I not try em now!!!???
Old 09-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Well that was really nice. Makes me feel bad for all the stupid bullshit I said. How can I not try em now!!!???
See, Mom was right. A little sugar will work sometimes.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:49 AM   #98
Tech Adept

How do i get some of these servo's in the UK.
damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
How do i get some of these servo's in the UK.
please send me an email teamcobraracing@gmail.com and i will organise some servos for you .

regards Angelo
Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #100
Tech Lord

USA website is still down. No way to buy them here, unless someone knows somewhere else to order em.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #101
Tech Apprentice

Jaz you can call the shop 704-345-4205 holiday so computer support will be up tommorrow with new server faster than before for better shopping and surfing exp. Also we have our own forum at www.rcteams.net feel free to join.
Team Nanda International,
,Team Fusion And Nova Rossi,Team Sidewinder Fuel, Team Hardcore Racing, .
lumpy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #102
Tech Lord

I can wait till tomorrow, Thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Dear freinds

the internal components of the servos are pictured on our website now .please have a look .

www.cobra-sinoracing.com

regards Angelo
Old 09-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #104
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
please send me an email teamcobraracing@gmail.com and i will organise some servos for you .

regards Angelo
Ive tried that serval days ago, filter through your PMs.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #105
Tech Lord

USA website still down. Come on Lumpy get on it, so we can buy em!