R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #76
Tech Adept

What's the spline count on these servo's?

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to dgraham225

Wow, this thread turned into a world of shit! Lol! Attitudes flying every direction!

Hellsavage, its same as airtronics/sanwa I believe
Old 08-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #78
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraham225 View Post
Wow, this thread turned into a world of shit! Lol! Attitudes flying every direction!

Hellsavage, its same as airtronics/sanwa I believe
NO SHIT!
Come on guys... They are just trying to sell their stuff....
If you dont have anything constructive... Don't say anything!
If you dont like their stuff... Dont buy it!
They are just tryin to get word out there that they have equipment for sale...
This is a hard thing to achieve by word of mouth alone... Give 'em a little help... I have seen a couple items and they are pretty impressive!

This shit aint hard!

Btw, what are the 18KG servo's selling for?

Last edited by thecman26; 08-30-2008 at 08:48 AM.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #79
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
NO SHIT!
Come on guys... They are just trying to sell their stuff....
If you dont have anything constructive... Don't say anything!
If you dont like their stuff... Dont buy it!
They are just tryin to get word out there that they have equipment for sale...
This is a hard thing to achieve by word of mouth alone... Give 'em a little help... I have seen a couple items and they are pretty impressive!

This shit aint hard!
Ok so someone from Cobra does his own product review here tryin to sell us stuff, and we bust him that he's a factory rep. No big deal all is forgiven. So we all ask for more info, and the web site is down, then it's in metric, and the American site don't work, and blah, and blah, so we start bitchin at them, that they should have got their shit together before they started trying to sell the product, and they have been all rude and nasty, talking to potential customers in a manner that they should know better about. And every time they say something stupid it just gets worse, and worse, and now for me it's over! I'm sure everyone does not feel the same way, and I'm sure some people will want to save money no matter how Disrespectful the people you are giving your money too are, but I have enough of it, that I can choose who I do, and don't want to give it to, and Cobra gets none, unless they sell the company to Hitec, or JR who know how to treat the customers. That's just my 2 Cents, The best thing about America, besides the fact that it's not Metric, is we all get the freedom to make our own choices
Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #80
Tech Champion

I dont know how "great" the big companies are.... I have been treated poorly by LRP ( "associated" ), JR, and Airtronics and hence I dont buy any of their products... BUT I dont run them down at the drop of a hat....

So the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I know a cobra team driver and he has been nuthin but positive about their products. If they have been rude its only cause they are returning what they have been given, everybody else hasn't given them the benefit of the doubt...
Yeah they have issues but they are small and just starting out... Geez....

Everybody needs to chill... This is supposed to be a hobby......
Grown men playin with toys.... Its supposed to be fun!

NO matter how crappy I drive, I still have fun!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #81
Tech Lord

Point well taken. I'll give em some time to work out the Kinks, and check out the product reviews in a a few months
Old 08-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #82
Tech Champion

Cool cool.... Hope to see some more of their stuff up close!

Oh yeah, nice honkers!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #83
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Ok so someone from Cobra does his own product review here tryin to sell us stuff, and we bust him that he's a factory rep. No big deal all is forgiven. So we all ask for more info, and the web site is down, then it's in metric, and the American site don't work, and blah, and blah, so we start bitchin at them, that they should have got their shit together before they started trying to sell the product, and they have been all rude and nasty, talking to potential customers in a manner that they should know better about. And every time they say something stupid it just gets worse, and worse, and now for me it's over! I'm sure everyone does not feel the same way, and I'm sure some people will want to save money no matter how Disrespectful the people you are giving your money too are, but I have enough of it, that I can choose who I do, and don't want to give it to, and Cobra gets none, unless they sell the company to Hitec, or JR who know how to treat the customers. That's just my 2 Cents, The best thing about America, besides the fact that it's not Metric, is we all get the freedom to make our own choices
Jaz,

I did the review you read. I do not work for Team Cobra or get paid by them but Team Cobra does give me a little off the price to try out their product and let them know what I think. As I stated on the bottom of the first page of this thread, I was happy with the servos and I just wanted the racers to know. Also I live in Myrtle Beach, SC not overseas. I had some great help when I started racing and it is one of my goals to help any racer out there new or old. One thing I hate to see is new guys wasting their hard earned money on things they don't need or something that breaks a lot. There are good companies out there and I feel it is one of my duties to help the new guys not waste money so we can keep this hobby growing. So please if you see a new guy at the track, try to help him as much as you can to keep this great hobby going.

One thing about forums, it is to easy to get what peolpe are saying mixed up and how they come across. If anyone would like to PM their phone number I would love to talk racing and products.

Thanks,

Ed
Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

Wow, you guys just bash everything Team Cobra posts. I don't agree with someone reviewing the servos that is affiliated with the company though, I think a real magazine or website that has nothing to do with team cobra should review their products. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #85
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts View Post
Jaz,

I did the review you read. I do not work for Team Cobra or get paid by them but Team Cobra does give me a little off the price to try out their product and let them know what I think. As I stated on the bottom of the first page of this thread, I was happy with the servos and I just wanted the racers to know. Also I live in Myrtle Beach, SC not overseas. I had some great help when I started racing and it is one of my goals to help any racer out there new or old. One thing I hate to see is new guys wasting their hard earned money on things they don't need or something that breaks a lot. There are good companies out there and I feel it is one of my duties to help the new guys not waste money so we can keep this hobby growing. So please if you see a new guy at the track, try to help him as much as you can to keep this great hobby going.

One thing about forums, it is to easy to get what peolpe are saying mixed up and how they come across. If anyone would like to PM their phone number I would love to talk racing and products.

Thanks,

Ed
When you first posted your review, you posted under Team Cobra Racing, and this whole thread went downhill from there. Everyone was saying can we get a review from a non bias person, and it snowballed out of control. My apologies for the stupid childish humor, and negativity. Some of the things I personally said, were only jokes, and they were meant for a laugh, but were taken way to0 personally, and that just escalated the arguments. Like I said before I'll give it some time to learn more about the product, and maybe try it someday
Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

I am also looking forward to trying some team cobra products when they come out with some truggy tires/rims. I am also looking forward to trying out a wing.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
When you first posted your review, you posted under Team Cobra Racing, and this whole thread went downhill from there. Everyone was saying can we get a review from a non bias person, and it snowballed out of control. My apologies for the stupid childish humor, and negativity. Some of the things I personally said, were only jokes, and they were meant for a laugh, but were taken way to0 personally, and that just escalated the arguments. Like I said before I'll give it some time to learn more about the product, and maybe try it someday
Its called a testimonial, RB has a whole thread on their forums dedicated to them, no one is busting their balls.
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #88
Tech Lord

Ok Here we go again! This thread is not titled Testimonial to Cobra servos! It was titled American Review of Cobra Servo's, and that's what started the whole bashing. I don't want to do this anymore, enjoy this thread. I'll keep my opinions to myself, and stay off this thread.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Spoke with Charlie AKA "Lumpy74" interesting conversation he definately knows his stuff. Gonna try out some of his tires and check out his servo's. All in all found him to be a good guy trying to bring some quality stuff at reasonable prices. Like he told me they have not reinvented the wheel. They are just trying to make it quality and affordable. I will be getting back to you guys on this thread. After I try them out a real evaluation from a real regular guy.
This is the kind of info I want to see about a new company. That is how you get your products out there to be seen and used.
look foward to seeing what an outside party has to say about them.
I suppose my post started this whole thing, however most see what my point was.

8ight B 2.0 brushless
tekin rx8 1550kv
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #90
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer View Post
Wow, you guys just bash everything Team Cobra posts. I don't agree with someone reviewing the servos that is affiliated with the company though, I think a real magazine or website that has nothing to do with team cobra should review their products. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
This brings up the point of of just how far does company affiliation go? RB sponsors me. They do NOT pay me. I do NOT work for them and I PAY for everything I get, just a little bit less. So can I be objective about an RB product? I think so. I don't run RB because I get them cheap (I can get Picco's even cheaper) I run them because I want to and the deal just saves me money.

I also have a few non RB motors and modify and tune just about every motor out there for other people so I have a good base for comparisons. Still, does that little RB USA tag in my sig make me a biased commentator? I guess it could reduce my credibility some.

Of course, Rody Roem writing an American review of RB's latest C9R BB7T Speedline Xenon Alpha wonder rocket motor would be a bit out of line.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote