R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #61
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy74 View Post
You people are a peice if work. If you dont have anything worth saying go away. I own the cobra office here and we are doing just well without a bunch of smartasses with nothing better to do than bitch about everything on the internet.

what tracks do you race at here in charlotte love to meet you in person and show you some of our products. We have several drivers racing in the area ask them to show you our product.
classy
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #62
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
you really need to get a life

And you need to get an advertising budget, so you don't need to try and sell your product on RC Forums!!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

"what tracks do you race at here in charlotte love to meet you in person and show you some of our products. We have several drivers racing in the area ask them to show you our product."

I race at Cherryville, Rockhill and when the worlds are over. I will be back at The Farm. CarolinasRC is taking The Farm over for club racing.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Spoke with Charlie AKA "Lumpy74" interesting conversation he definately knows his stuff. Gonna try out some of his tires and check out his servo's. All in all found him to be a good guy trying to bring some quality stuff at reasonable prices. Like he told me they have not reinvented the wheel. They are just trying to make it quality and affordable. I will be getting back to you guys on this thread. After I try them out a real evaluation from a real regular guy.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thank God that's over with. I think sometimes things get lost in the translation when somebody isn't from this country. People want to hear things coming from someone who sounds like them, otherwise we wouldn't have a fit when calling for help with a product and end up with "John" who is obviously from Pakistan. I not a fan of overblown claims when new things first come out either. Companies need to let the product do the talking first. Let's see how they work in the field and then people can think about buying them. I'm more into snowmobile performance parts and the same things happen every fall. Somebody reviews a product that seems to be "to good to be true" and the whole topic turns into a nightmare. It might be better off to get these in the hands of some local pros and let the product prove itself before a spokesman does.
looneytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #66
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
jr is a reputable company. i offered to pay for it if you read the pm. but i guess you can pay off the magazine to review your servo
dude i work for an off road magazine... sand addiction and side x side action we get many items for reviews we dont even talk to the people they just send parts and we review them we definitly will not take money for a good review because then that comes back on us like.. "well the guys at the magazine said they were great screw that magazine" and im pretty sure the rc industry is the same way maybe the guy from cobra is just trying to sell a new product
ruggydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #67
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytune View Post
Thank God that's over with. I think sometimes things get lost in the translation when somebody isn't from this country. People want to hear things coming from someone who sounds like them, otherwise we wouldn't have a fit when calling for help with a product and end up with "John" who is obviously from Pakistan. I not a fan of overblown claims when new things first come out either. Companies need to let the product do the talking first. Let's see how they work in the field and then people can think about buying them. I'm more into snowmobile performance parts and the same things happen every fall. Somebody reviews a product that seems to be "to good to be true" and the whole topic turns into a nightmare. It might be better off to get these in the hands of some local pros and let the product prove itself before a spokesman does.
It's also a problem of text. It doesn't convey facial expressions and tone of voice. Things can get taken the wrong way real quick.

That being said, Vlad was right about conversions. If you want to sell servos in the US you had better have English measurements.

Good luck wijth the stuff. Since I'm right up the road in VA I might have to try some out sometime.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

Quote:
You people are a peice if work. If you dont have anything worth saying go away. I own the cobra office here and we are doing just well without a bunch of smartasses with nothing better to do than bitch about everything on the internet.

get over yourself and your crappy advertising if you knew how to advertise a product you would be filling orders not getting butthurt over the internet because some one bad mouthed your products
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #69
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Im at the point now that I dont care if they are 400 OZ servos at .05 seconds for $10. These people are total assholes, and they wont get a dime of my money. Also clueless how to run a business, and trying to get new customers. Keep you damn Cobra Servos!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:52 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Im at the point now that I dont care if they are 400 OZ servos at .05 seconds for $10. These people are total assholes, and they wont get a dime of my money. Also clueless how to run a business, and trying to get new customers. Keep you damn Cobra Servos!
Come on guys, Cobra bashing is getting a bit old now isnt it, if you dont like the product dont buy it... I don't think your attitude or actions are needed, remember what your mum said if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all.
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 AM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop&Roll View Post
Come on guys, Cobra bashing is getting a bit old now isnt it, if you dont like the product dont buy it... I don't think your attitude or actions are needed, remember what your mum said if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all.
its not about the product thats not were the bashing is coming from.
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Think ! !

Grown men, Toy Cars, Durt piles, and your upset?
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:44 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

:flaming :

all this meaniocrity(I know that's not a word)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #74

So much negativity!!!!
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:36 AM   #75
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytune View Post
Thank God that's over with. I think sometimes things get lost in the translation when somebody isn't from this country. People want to hear things coming from someone who sounds like them, otherwise we wouldn't have a fit when calling for help with a product and end up with "John" who is obviously from Pakistan.
Talk about things getting lost in translation I thought I was country. I'm from the Appalachians and I know I'm country. Lumpy's is American and country as they come. I know when we are on a forum and internet personalities tend to clash. It's alot different reading what someone is trying to say then actually hearing what there saying. I think once you have the chance to talk to someone your opinion generally changes. Hell I actually thought Lumpy was a foreigner until I talked to him. Before I went into CarolinasRC I had a preconceived idea of what type of people would work there after my hobbytowne experiences. Turns out a bunch of good guys work there who are more worried about selling you the right thing than anything. Not to mention me and one of the guys are from the same small towne. It's just totally different actually interacting with people heck all you guys know that I'm not discovering gravity here. All that said I still have no opinion on there products until I try them.