Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEN matrix arena opinons?????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default CEN matrix arena opinons?????????

what do you guys think about this deal, i roll into the LHS today.. and they got a rtr matrix in there used ..but supposed to of only been ran a few times and had some nice proline tires and wheels..and it does look pretty clean and un molested to me ..im def. not new to rc ..but to 8th scale racing i am...... they got it for 225.. i thnk that sounds pretty decent for the truck.. im super itching to get some truggy racing started..and wont be able to get a nice race kit for a good month.. so im thinkin i should be able to flip this truck for what id have in it later?? ....so im thinking about grabbing it tomarrow ....what do you think??
Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think you should definitely take it. For that deal, I'd take just about any truggy. The CEN is a good truck..it handles great and it's super durable. Although it may be on the heavy side compared to the new $600 kits, it's an awesome truck. I'm keeping my eye out for the new Matrix II, a whole lot of new parts that focus on lightweight, durability, and less rotating mass. When the new parts come out, I'll just buy them and replace the existing parts on my truck.
After you get the Matrix, you might not even want to go to another truggy. There are a lot of ways to make it lighter and handle better, just check out the threads. On top of that, BCE has made a chassis for the truck that will make it super light and handle like a dream. So instead of selling it after a while, you can invest a bit into it and it'll be as good, if not better, than the new trucks, at half the cost.
Good luck with whatever you do
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

just seems like you guys are really butchering them up on the matrix thread..with other manufacture parts and cutting and grinding on them...but i still think its a deal
Old 08-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yes get you will be happy
Old 08-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

i think im going to grab it tomarrow.. if i dont like it i think i could get my 200 bucks back out of it ..it just wasent sure since its a rtr ... how much diff. the parts where
Old 08-22-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just make sure it has the SH engine in it, if it had the 1st run of motors you're going to need one soon as those motors were pretty bad on QC.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

the truck is not even a month old..but im not really looking to put any money into upgrades for this truck.. just want somthing to rip with for the next month or so till i get setteld in here i just move to louisiana on monday...im just looking at the fact i can e racing this weekend really..compared to a month or so till i can get the x2 roller im planning on ...
Old 08-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

The one thing that I recommend highly is getting the CNC front knuckles. They will allow tons more steering, and they won't break.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

ok.. kool. thanks .. i went and looked at it today again..and i now noticed he jacked teh cen motor out ..and put a damn ofna .28 in it ..and put in some hightech servos..and it has some blank pipe on it ...so i dunno.. im going to offer him 150 bucks and this old t maxx i got lol what pipe you guys say to run on this?
Old 08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've seen that motor, and it's actually very fast. I'm sure any pipe would work on it. It has a purple head right (Force .28)? I personally run a JP3 pipe on my SH .28 and it's great. I only run it because I got it for a steal from a buddy. Being a .28, you may want something with high end.
What kind of hitec servos are in the truck? Does it come with a radio?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

its a black head..ofna .28 i drove the truck today before i got it ..its not bad at all i lacks a little on the bottom ..but its ok...and yeah it came wit ha futaba FM magnum 2pl? its decent .. the truck will work for a month or 2..
Old 08-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Remember, it's the RTR version, so it's not as upgraded as the FRE. Make sure you know how old the engine is, and how it was run. You don't want it to die on the first run out.
Good luck with it...
One other tip, it the steering isn't good, it's most likely the servo saver. It's always loose from the factory, so tighten it up a lot, and it will be like night and day. A good steering servo is also a good idea.