R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta bob View Post
Ok guys im trying not to hijack this thread but it seems like the most respondent. I have a servo that was in my mugen(car) that i used for throttle and it has 75 ounces of torque and was wondering if that would be ok for the throttle in a buggy? also how much torque would i need for the steering which servo's would be good?

theres a buggy servo thread floating aorund here somewhere...one sec...

1/8 buggy servo's?

Theres a lot of good info there^

Personally though I would definately suggest the Team Associated servos. I Run double DS1015's, and I absolutely love these things. Prices are decent, amazing quality, and they look cool too
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:19 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

How long do buggy tires last could i use a set during a whole race day (5min. qualifiers and a 10min main) also what reciever pack fits in the 8ight a flat pack or hump??? thanks guys for all the help..
beta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I have had both, Right now I have a rc8 and it is awesome. I did like the losi to thou. Im about 2 seconds faster a lap than I was with my losi with my rc8. The rc8 has awesome corner speed and steering. Althou I have had trouble my fuel tanks as well. I never had a problem with the smoked color, but I did get a new updated white tank. First time out with the white tank I had issues. Flaming out and very inconsistent tuning. I found it was cracked around the nipple. So I went back to the smoked color tank and it has been fine until recent. I having problems with the tune a little, nothing like before before, may not even be the tank. The only other issue I have with he car is the shocks. They are a little hard to build. I blew out two shocks the other day because I guess I over filled them. I will be getting the big bores when they come out thou.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

On your new white tank - Unthread the nipple and put super glue on it, then rethread it back in. You can touch the crack with a soldering iron to fix that up. I know it sucks to have to fix a new item but if it gets ya on the track it's worth a shot. I attached the fuel line, then covered the whole line/nipple/tank edge with shoe goo as well. No problems with it.

The shocks.. I'll be going with big bores soon as the ae ones are out.\
I have went back to the FT caps and bladders. I fill them and test fit the bladders. When I tilt the shock to a 45 I like to see a little air bubble come to the top of the bladder. If you get both bubbles the same size before putting the caps on you should have the same amount of rebound in each shock when you are done.

Also on the shocks, if you are using the stock W clips on the bottom get the new updated snap rings. They will not pop out like the original style clips. Takes a bit of buggering to get them seated in, but you won't blow the guts out of your shock again.
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You will probably find as many people who prefer the 8ight as who prefer the RC8. I owned both until just recently and overall I liked the 8ight better. Once I calmed the setup down, I turned faster laps with it than with the RC8 and overall I felt more connected to it. The RC8 was more predictable at initial turn-in and the rear end held on better but, once it let go, there was not bringing it back.
rstnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

yeah I did pit ca around the crack on the new tank. I also did take out the nipple first then put ca around the the crack then put the nipple back in. I havent tried the tank out yet thou. On the shocks Im guess in use to kyosho and mugen shocks, Because I totally filled the body to the top with oil, then moved the shock shaft up and down to remove any bubbles and then put the bladder on. I did have a hard time puttin gthe bladder back in, it was like it had swelled up from the oil. But I did get it back in. I just hate associated shocks, always have and always will. They work great when built perfectly, but otherwise they leak and never rebound the same and are inconsistent from each one. I hope the big bores will be better or I will be buying jammin super big bores
Old 08-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #37
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Xray 808, Nuff said!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #38
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta bob View Post
How long do buggy tires last could i use a set during a whole race day (5min. qualifiers and a 10min main) also what reciever pack fits in the 8ight a flat pack or hump??? thanks guys for all the help..

Diferent compounds vary on longevity. the harder the compound the longer they last, but the less traction you get. You need to run the compound according to the track surface. Low traction, softer tires, etc. I have some tires that are going into my second season, and some tires last 1 race, Losi buggy takes hump packs