R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default RE: Kyosho Inferno ST US Sports Truggy

I am trying to tune is properly, I get it going OK but sometimes it sounds sluggish. i have the high speed needle at 2 and half turns, I don't know how many turns the low needle should be from closed. I get it going and when I give it gas it dies.Can someone help me out. I guess I need to do the pich test.
Thanks
Ausable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

It sounds like the low speed needle is set too rich...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Ausable,

The pinch test will tell you if you are in the ball park.

If it idles decently well right now turn the low speed "in" slowly and for every 2 hours of adjustment just blip the throttle (on a starter box or something that will hold the trucks wheels off the ground) once it goes to a higher idle and stays, back off on the low needle 2-3 hours, blip it again to make sure the idle comes back down to how it sounded before it went up. If the idle goes up after the blip but comes back down within 2-3 seconds you are real close. This will get you close and let you run it to get the high speed set.

Then go to the low speed. Just remeber that the high speed affects the low but not the other way around.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote