R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Uh....I guess I don't know what the comments were. Care to elaborate?
You musta missed it. Post 56.

Makes you wonder if it's the "Mike Truhe 8ight" or the "8ight MT" or ...
boostfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:10 AM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My BAD!! Carry on. Thanx.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:55 AM   #78
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to DirtRacer

hmmmm hehe not liking MacIIs comment: http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...89#post2359289, dont think that ll happen but it may bring more ep 1/10th guys onto the 1/8th scene and also new hobbiests that want 1/8th but without the need in buying nitro after every race meeting.. buut considering the HUGE list of 1/8ths now in the buggy class there are enough people to go around without the seen of brands going bankrupt those in the nitro 1/8th buggy scene, i love the realism of the 1/8th nitro's weather it be On road or off road, and it gives the atmosphere of being at a F1 race which reminds me of the 2001 worlds in sydney moorebank!, now that was somthing not to miss 100s if not thousands came and saw and smelt the fumes of 1/8ths flying past at speeds of 120+km/h , racers from all over the world as well as some to watch.. and locals. man what a weekend that was to remember, nitro's will live on as long as a living soul is about and stays in the class or buys one of each.... it wont go the way of the 235mm le mans class that is a sure thing.

considering the mad deals in 1/8th off road and having a hobby shop around the corner literally "KYOSHO" shop, that stocks GRP engines,tires/wheels... and RB engines... thats a nice option depending on prices and budget, ill be up for the Losi8 since ever since i tried Gillots set up with a JR or Ko pro po i loved it, reminded me of a electric buggy/Truck ( Team LosiXXTCR G+) , just sold my OCM evo which was sad, but life comes before that and needed the $$ for a ticket here.. cant wait to race at Furulund though with a new buggy or a Onroad at staffanstorp on road track..

excuss the tangent. hehe
www.myspace.com/renegadebearingsdist46
DirtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #79
Tech Fanatic

OMG onspeed daracemasta..you talk alot of bs
juzza99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:40 AM   #80
Tech Addict

Neat. Anyway....

After some searching, all I could find was a rumor that Mike Truhe has been testing a new front end on the 8ight.

Curious.

Perhaps there is a new 8ight coming. Or at least an update.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:23 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to viperbill1963
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead1dave View Post
You have to beat the old car first ........LOL ! Once Drake and Truhe can no longer hang with the competitions buggys then I could see some changes .

IMO it's a 3 year old car that people are still chasing ............that's the best part about it . My 8 and 8T are so worn out and loose people grab my car at a race ....jiggle the wheels and a-arms and laugh . ........funny because it handles better than ever ...... Often imitated never duplicated .....yet .
if they wait til drake and truhe cant compete it too late make the changes to maintain their competive edge or lose ground to the rest .other company's will continue to do R&D on their current platform til they need a new design to stay ahead not wait til its not able to compete ,
Old 09-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #82
Tech Adept

Personally, I think new products come about due more to sales and marketing, and less to the need for technological advancements and competition. There are certainly things that lead to new innovations and products, for example the brushless systems, however most of the time 'new designs' are simply things to keep the cash flow in the door. Let's not forget what these companies main goal is, money. Not that I blame them, they are in business to make money.

If you want to buy a new buggy to have the latest 'greatest' thing, then great. Knock yourself out. However, if you are on a tight budget don't fall victim to the marketing schemes that you have to have the latest to be the best.

Often the pros switch to newer products, not because they can't compete, but rather because they can get a new vehicle for little to no cost. Why not? The pros are pros because they are paid to sell new buggies. Don't forget that =)
Just an opinion.
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #83
Tech Fanatic

Isn't that the truth
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks View Post
Personally, I think new products come about due more to sales and marketing, and less to the need for technological advancements and competition. There are certainly things that lead to new innovations and products, for example the brushless systems, however most of the time 'new designs' are simply things to keep the cash flow in the door. Let's not forget what these companies main goal is, money. Not that I blame them, they are in business to make money.
They are also in the business of providing cars for us to race with. It's not like we're throwing money away on nothing. I haven't seen Losi come out with junk for the 8ight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks
If you want to buy a new buggy to have the latest 'greatest' thing, then great. Knock yourself out. However, if you are on a tight budget don't fall victim to the marketing schemes that you have to have the latest to be the best.
You mean like Xray staging a race so the 808 would get it's first win? hehe. Fact is; once a new car comes out, the parts support for the older design will dry up. You MUST stay on top, if you want to race. Again, I doubt Losi is trying to sell us a gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks
Often the pros switch to newer products, not because they can't compete, but rather because they can get a new vehicle for little to no cost. Why not? The pros are pros because they are paid to sell new buggies. Don't forget that =)
Just an opinion.
Pro's also switch to the newest parts because it's their Job. Fedex man shows up with a new car and they are required to build it and run it. After that, they are required to write a full review for said company.

You kinda sound jaded that Losi is testing, producing and advertising new parts and cars. It IS a business, but it's not like we're buying stock. We actually get the same car the pro's get. Name me another hobby where this is possible AND affordable.

Not trying to dis ya, or put you down - but this is one of the cheapest racing hobbies on the globe. I started racing full scale cars when I was 17 - which was awhile ago. Where engines cost 10g's or more, suspension parts are hand made and getting the latest and greatest is ONLY reserved for the team guys.

In RC however, you spend a grand (or less) and get everything that Drake or Truhe is running. This cuts the playing field so nice and even that *ANYONE HERE* could go to a major race and beat the pro guys. All we have to do is worry about the mental part - the parts are just as good as anyone elses.

I like the fact that I can get what the pro's get. I like having the latest and greatest. ...AND I also have a budget.

You want to talk economics though, we'll start with clutch bearings. 99% of the racers at my track change them every race. I have been running the same bearings for three gallons. I've nearly saved enough just in clutch bearings to afford the new Losi car.

This hobby is amazingly cheap - if you do it right.

I will agree with you though that some companies will release gimmicks and call them advancements. Since the mid 80's, I've seen companies come and go due to this very reason. I fail to see Losi doing this, however. Losi has been very good to us racers.

Again, this is one of the only racing hobbies on earth where you can have the best of the best without selling your home, losing your wife or straving your kids. Anyone reading this can get the best parts, the best electronics and still have enough left over to actually run the thing at major events.

However, if one is just playing with their cars, bashing them in the back yard.... etc... you're totally 100% correct. You don't need the latest offerings to have fun. ...it IS cool to have those parts though - you have to admit.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #85
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Delete