Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 buggy clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 1/8 buggy clutch?

Alright i'm in the market for a new clutch for my RC8. Im running an RB WS7 turbo l2g. We run on a pretty dusty track, and it's a huge track. I'd like some clutch suggestions, and hopefully some facts not just "I GOT THIS HERE CLUTCH AND SHE SHO' IS PURDY, IT'S PRETTY MUCH THE BEST ONE EVER"

I saw three different manufactures making high end clutches, Fioroni, Trinity, and Werks... but i'm sure there are more, anyways thanks for any input you have!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allumina
Alright i'm in the market for a new clutch for my RC8. Im running an RB WS7 turbo l2g. We run on a pretty dusty track, and it's a huge track. I'd like some clutch suggestions, and hopefully some facts not just "I GOT THIS HERE CLUTCH AND SHE SHO' IS PURDY, IT'S PRETTY MUCH THE BEST ONE EVER"

I saw three different manufactures making high end clutches, Fioroni, Trinity, and Werks... but i'm sure there are more, anyways thanks for any input you have!
M2C Racing makes the best clutches in the biss.. Good Luck!

http://m2cracing.com/category.sc?categoryId=26
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

fioroni, never fails when used properly and easy to maintain. Lasts for ever.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ask anyone that has used Impulse-r/c clutch shoes and you will be set up with all the info you need. www.impulse-rc.com
Old 08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Clarification: Kinda looking for a whole new clutch setup, not really sold on the stock RC8 clutch... I haven't been impressed. Unless someone can convince me otherwise
Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allumina
Clarification: Kinda looking for a whole new clutch setup, not really sold on the stock RC8 clutch... I haven't been impressed. Unless someone can convince me otherwise
http://m2cracing.com/category.sc?categoryId=18
Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wait a week and see what AE has to offer.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally use the following:

Mugen flywheel
Dynamite Max Life clutch shoes (they don't mushroom as bad as most, so they don't need to be "cleaned up" or replaced as often)
Mugen or Racers Edge Vented clutch bells.
Mugen or Kyosho 1.0 springs.

I like those because they work, and are readily available at my local shop. I've heard good things about the Werks and Fioroni clutches too though... the nice thing is they are adjustable.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

both werks and Fioroni will have Dull bottom ends compared to the an Alum set-up....the Fioroni imo isnt very good...the springs get heat soaked and ALL the bottom end dissapears...and it aint the motor....M2C all the way...he's got springs and shoes for EVERY application u could possibly thing about.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are you looking to get out of the clutch and what aren't you satisfied with?

I run Impulse RC hard shoes and AE 1.1 springs. I may drop back to 1 1.0 spring next time I have the clutch apart.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by largeorangefont
I run Impulse RC hard shoes and AE 1.1 springs. I may drop back to 1 1.0 spring next time I have the clutch apart.
What are the stock springs and why would someone choose heavier over lighter springs? I understand it determines when the clutch engages but which is better for what type of track and conditions?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Integra
both werks and Fioroni will have Dull bottom ends compared to the an Alum set-up....the Fioroni imo isnt very good...the springs get heat soaked and ALL the bottom end dissapears...and it aint the motor....M2C all the way...he's got springs and shoes for EVERY application u could possibly thing about.
Compared to what aluminum setup, ie werks/fioroni (with carbon shoes?) vs who? I just picked up the Vario with aluminum shoes, looks incredible but I haven't run it yet, I like that its adjustable and has the standard 3 shoe setup (ie I can get most any shoes and they should fit - or at least it looks that way). How do springs get heat soaked, seems like any clutch would be having issues with that, but something specific to the springs that fioroni uses I should be aware of?

subscribed
Old 08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Lord

Philly...im talkin about the 4 shoe and 2 shoe fioroni's...the werks is alright for a low power .21....but anything bigger will take a dump pretty quick...and thats if u can get the adjustment nut to stay in place.......as for the heat soak on the fioroni springs....check out the 4 shoe....ull see what im talkin about....and the fact u cant just add tighter springs...as it makes the shoes collapse on themselve's....imo the Fioroni 2-4 shoe Sucks in most applications....the Vario is a Totally different set-up...so i cant commment...the twin turbo officially took me off fioroni for good.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Kyosho clutch with carbon's/1.0 for a smooth clutch that is good for gallon's. You could also try the hard aluminum.

The Mugen clutch aluminum/1.0 is very good. Just chamfer the edge of the shoe. It last for gallon's as well.

Would like to try the M2C clutch. There are 2 many choices of shoes and springs. It get to expensive if you buy something you don't like. If someone wants to send me one. I will test it. I'm in the Toronto area.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Kyosho clutch with carbon's/1.0 for a smooth clutch that is good for gallon's. You could also try the hard aluminum.

The Mugen clutch aluminum/1.0 is very good. Just chamfer the edge of the shoe. It last for gallon's as well.

Would like to try the M2C clutch. There are 2 many choices of shoes and springs. It get to expensive if you buy something you don't like. If someone wants to send me one. I will test it. I'm in the Toronto area.

One...Mugen shoes DO Not last gallons.....secondly the M2c with its selections make it By far the best set-up....and asking qustions to guys who run the clutch can get u a pretty good idea of what to run....then there's Mitch who own's M2C who is More then willing to talk on the phone about your set-up and what he Thinks would work best.....isnt this hobby expensive to begin with ? i say get used to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.