R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #61
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop&Roll View Post
This is the best thread hijacking I have seen to date!!!

X2
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #62
Tech Initiate

PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSTABLE View Post
Don't think so buddy, my cars are meticulously maintained and I expect top performance from all my equipment whether it be a body clip or an engine.
The Fioroni just didn't deliver compared to other alternatives.

I'm glad you have had a good run with yours, but anybody I've met that has tried one has come to the same conclusion. In fact I don't know of one person in my country still using one.

Absolutely, You'll never compare an aluminum clutch to a fioroni clutch with carbon shoes or any carbon vs aluminum. But the fact that is so easy to set up and doesn't ruin your clutch bells after every two gallons it is a perfect club racing clutch and inexpensive.

For competition it's ok but the aluminum will give you better response.
arm2storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #64
Tech Lord

Saggy bottom end response imo is Never ok.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allumina View Post
No worries guys I trip over my ego all the time too At any rate I think im going to get a Fioroni Slider ordered... everything i've read about it was [+] so I'll give her a shot. One thing I learned from this thread was that I was definately using the wrong springs, I had the hardest ones and that isn't such a good idea on a super dusty track like we run.
If the springs soften up too much for you, cut 3 coils of the end of the springs and re-shape the hook at the end. Increasing spring tension by shortening the spring works very well on the Fioroni Slider. I've run one also, and yes they will last quite a while. However the performance will drop off slightly after 2 gallons.
I now run the Xray flywheel, with Xray 1.71g 3 shoe aluminum shoes and 1.0 Mugen springs. Its just an awesome combo that stays the same until its worn out.
+1 on the M2C equipment... also very nice stuff.

Good luck.

Here is the Xray 1.71g light shoes I run, they are also a direct fit on mugen flywheels (recommend trying these if you havent!):
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...8300000001.htm
Inside_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyhong View Post
After you see this video.. You might want one too. I don't think it's 1K hp but it's good enough for the straight and curves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aal9k...eature=related
It's an Amuse Supra versus a Nissan R34. Crazy!!

p@dDy
I was VERY disappointed in this video. They didn't show NEARLY enough of the girl with the sign.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Saggy bottom end response imo is Never ok.

I'm sorry I forgot you really KNOW your Chit!!!
arm2storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #68
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm2storm View Post
I'm sorry I forgot you really KNOW your Chit!!!

No comment.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
No comment.
Aren't you the dude who really knows his chit?
I'm not sure, so can you tell me if you know your chit or at least maybe tell me you don't really know chit?
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Well, I came back to the thread seeing if it's still hijacked. Look like it still is! lol...

But anyways, +1 on the Fioroni sliding clutches. Can be put together in 1/4 of the time of regular cluches. The contact area of the clutch is much bigger too. And swapping out worn out clutches are a 30 second deal now. Not 5.

p@dDy
paddyhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #71
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I was VERY disappointed in this video. They didn't show NEARLY enough of the girl with the sign.
LMAO!

On a side note, and I am NOT being racist, racial or prejudice but to tell you the truth, once you find out that a lot of Japanese girls are out there for the money and very materialistic, you'll be more careful unless you're loaded and don't care as long as you can bang a hot Japanese chick. Korean chicks are the same. Although, this applies not only to those 2 races, it's just more prominent in those two. And, as always, there are always exceptions. Am I making this up? No. I'm very multicultural. These were the 2 that stood out the most and gave me a clear verbal understanding and admission to the fact.

I'm not starting to light up any fires here or hijack this threat any further. I don't bullshit. I speak the truth and nothing but. AND! Like I said, there are always, always exceptions. =b

p@dDy
paddyhong is offline   Reply With Quote