Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Ace RC Servo Service >

Ace RC Servo Service

Ace RC Servo Service

Old 08-17-2008, 07:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Ace RC Servo Service

Hey guys i just got 2 Ace RC DS1313 Servos and one did not even make it 3 days and went out i was trying to find out wear i could send it to get it fixed are replaced 90.00 bucks for a servo and it just quit working in the middle of a race man did it Pi$$ me off.Who do i need to get a hold off to get it fixed.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

im not 100% positive but I would say thunder tiger
Old 08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

[QUOTE=thenova70ss;4749002]Hey guys i just got 2 Ace RC DS1313 Servos and one did not even make it 3 days and went out i was trying to find out wear i could send it to get it fixed are replaced 90.00 bucks for a servo and it just quit working in the middle of a race man did it Pi$$ me off.Who do i need to get a hold off to get it fixed.[/QUOTE

http://www.acehobby.com/ace/index.htm
Old 08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You're right, probably thundertiger. Thunder tiger, AE, LRP, Reedy, etc. are all ace hobby products.

Their address and a customer service number is at the bottom of the page. the customer service number is: 866-322-7121
Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hey guys thanks for the info has any one ever sent any thing in to Ace RC to have it fixed are service like a servo will they stand behind there stuff.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
Hey guys thanks for the info has any one ever sent any thing in to Ace RC to have it fixed are service like a servo will they stand behind there stuff.

I am awaiting a DS1313 that I sent in a month ago, they said they were out of stock??
Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Get the phone number off the site and call them first. I had 2 DS1313 servos that I sent back to them. I spoke to someone there and they were very helpful. One servo was a case very similar to yours where it quit almost instantly. The other servo was a case of poor setup on my part, I had the end points set wrong and burned it up... However I did tell them that before I sent it back. When they received the servos they called me and offered to get me the other servo at dealer cost and they replaced the other DOA servo free of charge. I had both new servos 2 days after I talked to them.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ace is actually worse than Hitec, hard to believe! I've yet to have a JR fail.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thenova70ss

I just sent one in with 30 minutes run time on it. However i called and got the impression that they would NOT warrenty the item.But since it was already junk I though I'd just send it in too see.

So far, I'm very unimpressed.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bought a couple of ACE servos from a guy who said they were unused, and from their looks I had no reason to doubt him as they were still in their boxes with all the mounting hardware in sealed bags, no marks on the cases, or kinks in the wires, etc, etc. In short, they looked like brand new, unused servos when I got them.

I mounted them up and one of them was DOA out of the box. I contacted ACE and explained the problem and how I came to own the servos. They told me to send in the bad servo and they would look at it.

Long story short, they said the servo was in fact bad and when I asked how much to get it fixed I was told they did not repair servos, but offered to sell me a replacement at dealer cost. As I was not the original purchaser I didn't expect to get anything free, but I was very surprised when they told me they didn't do any repairs.

I'm still using some 5 year old Airtronics servos, but they are showing their age and one of them has started buzzing when it's energized. In the past I'd just send it back for repair, but after some of the stuff I've heard about repair policy changes at Air under their new owners, I'm going to give some JR servos a try.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fhm555
I'm going to give some JR servos a try.
Smart decision................JR's customer service is very good also.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ok guys i have been on the phone 3 time to day with Ace Hobbies trying to get my servo fix are replaced and Rocky the customer service guy has been Great he said they would do some thing.The problem is i got the servos off of ebay and the guy has a ebay store but if he is not an Ace Rc Dealer than Ace dose not half to give it a warranty.Rocky has email the guy to see if he is a Ace Rc Dealer and if not he is trying to find out how the guy is getting and sailing new Ace Rc stuff on ebay with out been a dealer.I gave Rocky my ebay Item number so he could go and look at the servo and see i have only had it for 3 days and it quit working if they will stand behing there warranty and give me a new servo are fix my servo i will be a Ace Rc guy for life.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have just two words to say to all this:

Futaba digitals.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Smart decision................JR's customer service is very good also.
I've had dealings with Horizon in the past on a couple Losi kits that were short parts, and they hooked me up on the spot with no problems or delays.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Ive got both the 1015 and 1313 in my X1X CR FTE...and the 1313 for the throttle blew with under 1 hour of time on it....sad, and Im not sending it in. Yes it 70 dollars....yes it didn't last, but it could have been my fault for a wrong epa set-up.....Im defiantly not wasting shipping costs just to hear that they wont handle it. I will make a phone call and see what can be done, but I dont plan on waiting for a RMA to clear.

Ive never seen a futuba quit unless it was abused, and normally it wasnt under one hour either. I figured the lower cost, and the impressive looks it had when I got it was enough. Sad..truly sad

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.