her are some sic close ups of the beast
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...=249821&page=7
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Kinda makes my decision harder. I've been waiting for the Slayer, but I'm not so sure now.

Although my RC8 has been nothing but a pain in my A*R*S*E. It never finished a Main for me. Hinge pins, back plates, screws pulling out of the diff housing, etc.... So, unless they've made it more durable (I doubt it), I'm a bit leary.....

I do agree it'd be cool to see a spec class!
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:34 AM   #18
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

looking forward to learning what parts make this specifically a CORR style truck. Since I have a brushless RC8, would be cool to make an SC8-E
Old 08-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #19
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
Guess you haven't seen them run? Well I'm not impressed by them. Slash 2 wheel drive VS 4 wheel drive buggy ummmm hands down SC8 will kill it with one bump and run

I actually meant in sales, not actual racing. I think the Slash will sell more than the SC8 because of this poor economy. It is just too expensive to run nitro.
MDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Guys. I'm pretty sure this is a truggy chassis. Look at the bigger tank, and the spacing behind the motor/ radiobox, its truggy sized, not buggy. Did not wanna burst any bubbles, I figured I'd say something before you guys get all the stuff to convert your buggys.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #21
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

how many seperate threads about the same thing are people going to start?

ratherBracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherBracin View Post
how many seperate threads about the same thing are people going to start?

Boo Hoo, how else are people going to find out? I dont check every single thread when I come onto the site

Back to the topic...this thing is sweet, a buddy of mine made a roll cage for his slash similar to that one...I cant wait to see what that easy-start system will be like(possibly remote operated?)
Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Whoops
Old 08-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #24
Tech Elite

The title of this thread is the most appropriate so let's post on this one. So, any questions about the truck?
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to OTE_TheMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The title of this thread is the most appropriate so let's post on this one. So, any questions about the truck?
Oh sure, now it's open season

2WD or 4WD?
RTR or kit/FT kit?
Comes with preprinted or clear body? Choice of CORR replica graphics?
Beadlocks? Wheel/tire sizes?
Which parts shared from the RC8/RC8T and which are unique to the SC8?

Est. available when?
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
Oh sure, now it's open season

2WD or 4WD?
RTR or kit/FT kit?
Comes with preprinted or clear body? Choice of CORR replica graphics?
Beadlocks? Wheel/tire sizes?
Which parts shared from the RC8/RC8T and which are unique to the SC8?

Est. available when?
This information should be posted this week but I can give you the scoop.
4wd. Of course you can easily convert a 4wd truck to 2wd.
RTR
Prepainted with graphics and design based on model chosen. There will also be an AE team model.
The tires install like a 1/8 buggy tire. The beadlocks area actually separate but do not provide a beadlocking function. I don't know the sizes but the diameter of the wheel/tire package is like a slick buggy tire.
I can't say exactly for sure, but shock towers, body mounts, cage, body, wheels, tires. The shocks may be different lengths but I am not certain.

The truck is a truly 1/8 scale. The body wheels and tires were measured for correct scale. The truck is a blast to drive and for those that like the realistic action of the Slash will be happy to know that the truck leans, squats under power, and dives under braking. It looks like a real truck sitting on the shelf and while running.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to OTE_TheMissile

NICE.

So then if you've driven it, I've got another question: does it tumble like a 1/8th Buggy or Truggy? That's what got me out of bigblock racing to pick up a GT2, I'd be trying to put down a smooth, conservative line through a rhythm section & get blown away by another guy who overshoots the landing by a mile, crashes to the ground, somehow ends up on all 4 tires like buggies & truggies like to do, and keeps right on going. It's almost like they rewarded poor driving.
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
NICE.

So then if you've driven it, I've got another question: does it tumble like a 1/8th Buggy or Truggy? That's what got me out of bigblock racing to pick up a GT2, I'd be trying to put down a smooth, conservative line through a rhythm section & get blown away by another guy who overshoots the landing by a mile, crashes to the ground, somehow ends up on all 4 tires like buggies & truggies like to do, and keeps right on going. It's almost like they rewarded poor driving.
You can't use the "punch it" technique to right your car if you are flipping like you can with an open tired car.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

the slash will still win because it'll be in a different class duh looks good i think i might get one and this will be put up against the slayers which won't work well in the slayers favor because this is based on a buggy and the slayer is a revo...nitro corr will be fun but i doubt it'll take off like the slash only because of gas prices and stuff to go along with nitro...slash is $200+accessories so i'd say you probably spend$400 total with batts,and such if you don't already have and that cost doesn't really change because you don't burn plugs,$40+dollar gallons of fuel etc. and if you do break parts are like 3 bucks

oh quick question how come no one is calling ae "LAZY" for using an existing model where as traxxas got an ear full about it...gotta love biased opinions...
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #30
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
This information should be posted this week but I can give you the scoop.
4wd. Of course you can easily convert a 4wd truck to 2wd.
RTR
Prepainted with graphics and design based on model chosen. There will also be an AE team model.
The tires install like a 1/8 buggy tire. The beadlocks area actually separate but do not provide a beadlocking function. I don't know the sizes but the diameter of the wheel/tire package is like a slick buggy tire.
I can't say exactly for sure, but shock towers, body mounts, cage, body, wheels, tires. The shocks may be different lengths but I am not certain.

The truck is a truly 1/8 scale. The body wheels and tires were measured for correct scale. The truck is a blast to drive and for those that like the realistic action of the Slash will be happy to know that the truck leans, squats under power, and dives under braking. It looks like a real truck sitting on the shelf and while running.

Sweet info ! Do you know if it uses a center diff, or is it 2 speed ? I am looking for something like this to test motors with and would love a 2 speed truck like this.....