R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #181
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to ShortCourseOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleswiss View Post
i converted a strr into a sc8 style truck, made shock tower body mount adapters to mount the roll cage on it as well. the kyosho has 2-3 mm more wheelbase than the sc8 but its a blast to drive, havent raced it yet though
That's cool. I currently only have 10th scale electric 2wd SCT models and am looking at Nitro 4x4 8th scales potentially. Since I don't have any 8th scale stuff right now, I am open to getting used models and converting. I could get a Losi 8eight and convert to an SCT(SC8 body) by getting the truggy chassis plate and dog bones etc.

It may be my best option to just get a new SC8 RTR. What would you or others recommend?
ShortCourseOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly View Post
That's cool. I currently only have 10th scale electric 2wd SCT models and am looking at Nitro 4x4 8th scales potentially. Since I don't have any 8th scale stuff right now, I am open to getting used models and converting. I could get a Losi 8eight and convert to an SCT(SC8 body) by getting the truggy chassis plate and dog bones etc.

It may be my best option to just get a new SC8 RTR. What would you or others recommend?
I really think that you should just get the sc8. you can find some good used ones for cheap in the for sale tread or ebay. prices came down a little for the new ones too. With the conversions, you won't have all the cage and bumpers for the real effect and might end up spending more with the conversion. Get the original, the truck is bad ass.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #183
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly View Post

I was going to convert one of my buggies to a SC8 like truck with the correct truggy chassis and buggy arms, but after pricing it out it was getting to be more than i thought it would be. Then i still had to mod a bunch of stuff to get the bumpers and roll cage to fit.

I bougth my SC8 as a roller and havent been happier.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

After reading Foster's SC8 thread, I've decided that I have to build one of these trucks. I was going to build a practise RC8T, because our track doesn't have a class for the SC8, but, I want one too badly!!!

I figure that I'll build one, and bring to the track on practise/maintenance nights, and maybe it'll spark some interest with other members, and eventually spawn an SC8 class. Regardless, I want one, class or no class.

So I went on eBay and started buying some of the things that I will need to complete the build ( I think I got everything except the body, tires/wheels, and front bumper mount..I likely missed some things ). I decided to go for the gusto and ordered the Extreme CF towers instead of the stamped stockers. Also will be using the BB shocks from my RC8...I'm quite amped to get this project rolling.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #185
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Are you putting the SC8 cage , front/rear bumper on it too? One down fall about these truck is the bodies. They dont last long and are pricey.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrad View Post
Are you putting the SC8 cage , front/rear bumper on it too? One down fall about these truck is the bodies. They dont last long and are pricey.
I'll be putting everything on it to keep the scale look, even if I give up some performance ( that's what my truggy is for ROAR ) **sorry, had to do that** but back on topic, what attracted me to these trucks originally was how realistic the roll cage and all the detail made this truck look and want to keep that aspect. I wish we had more wheel/tire options though

I can't wait for parts to start arriving..like Christmas all over again, but for me instead
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote