Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIPS

MY NAME IS MIKE. I AM WITH BKSMOTORSPORTS HERE IN LAKE HAVASU CITY ARIZONA. MY TEAMMATE AND MYSELF ARE LOOKING FOR SPONSORS FOR OUR TEAM. HERE IS OUR WEBSITE PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

WWW.BKSMOTOR.107THR.COM

ANYTHING WILL BE APPRECIATED.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Do you have a resume of your Accomplishments at big races ?
Old 08-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default LOOKING FOR SPONSORS

EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US AND ALL OF OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE ON THE WEBSITE. MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE NOT ON THE SITE YET. MY TEAM MATE IS THE ONE THAT TAKES CARE OF THE WEBSITE. HERE IN LAKE HAVASU, WE REALLY DONT HAVE THAT MANY BIG RACES. THE CLOSEST RACES THAT WE HAVE THAT ARE OF ANY POINTS VALUE, ARE ABOUT 20-55 MILES AWAY. BUT OUT HERE IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 112 DEGREES. SO THE ENGINES DON'T LIKE IT. WE RESUME RACING THE WEEKEND OF SEP. 6TH. JUST RECENTLY OUR TRACK OUT HERE JUST BECAME PART OF REGION 10 FOR ROAR RACING. WHICH NOW MAKES ALL OF OUR RACES WORTH POINTS AND RANKING...

BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE OUR BIOS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE: WWW.BKSMOTOR.107THR.COM
Old 08-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Well , if you haven`t been to any big races or pro racing and placed descent your gonna have a hard time finding sponsors .
Old 08-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BriGuy..

You are very correct about having to have some big races under our belt to get sponsored. Accordingly, I do have some of these big races and series down around these parts of Arizona before Havasu R/C Raceway becoming ROAR sanctioned.. Luckily for us, we are now sanctioned with ROAR, meaning we don't HAVE to travel just for point series, although we will very soon for the Arizona Series around Phoenix.

To do this, however, sponsors are needed to be able to maintain our racing, so looking right now, although not having a Nitro Challenge or Championship or anything big of that nature on the Team's name right now, is the best shot of going to these big events such as the Nitro Challenge in Feb. and other big races around the country, mostly region 10.

I am currently updating the site to current accomplishments and such, along with the sponsorship plans. I only have one plan up as of now, but the rest are being run through thoroughly before being put up. We will accept any and all ideas and such either way, so we are looking for anyone with a local business or what-not.

Once again, http://bksmotor.107thr.com is the site. Check it out, and as you can tell, we do a lot more than just R/C racing, lol. Also, any criticism is good about web-design, so please feel free to criticize away.. (Just not on the banner, I already know and am working on it :P)

Thanks
Old 08-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

nice try.......................:lol :
Old 08-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default LOOKING FOR SPONSORSONS

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
Old 08-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Buy better engines . The rest of us racers that want to be competitive have to .

Sorry but without any good top finishes in some really big races no company is going to even think about it . Best way to try and get sponsored it to make a resume when you guys get some good finishes in big races and send them to the companies . They are always looking for new racers but have to prove yourself first , not after someone sponsors you .
Old 08-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

thank you briguy...

good advice. at least you didn't laugh at us like that other guy did...

thanks for the advice.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Novarossi Work?

Yes, very good advice.. I guess I'll keep paying out-of-pocket until I can go kick ass at The Nitro Challenge in Feb Thank god Our track is ROAR sanctioned now
Old 08-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MIKE_IN_AZ
thank you briguy...

good advice. at least you didn't laugh at us like that other guy did...

thanks for the advice.
I was down that road about 18 years ago and know how hard it is to run with the big dogs .
Old 08-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Here's a bit of my experience as a sponsored racer and sponsor of racers....

Rather than ask for sponsors, go after sponsors.

Sponsorship is a two-way street. Your website states what you guys expect, but says nothing about what you'll do in return. As a business owner, I'd ask, "Whats in it for me?" Just putting stickers on your cars doesn't cut it.

As stated you need to put your results up in a concise manner. Long stories are okay, but I want to know how you did in a nutshell.

I expect that as sponsored racers, you'll be promoting my product. How do you plan on doing that?

The Snoopy "doll" doesn't look professional IMO. If you want Snoopy on your vehicle paint it on....

On the flipside having been sponsored, its not all that its cracked up to be. Most of the local "non-traveling" sponsored drivers are NOT fully sponsored. I basically got products at dealer cost. Which isn't bad, but depending on who is sponsoring you, its probably not going to cover more than your basic ride.

"Free" rides. Doesn't happen for the local club racer (unless sponsored by a local hobby shop as opposed to mfg). Even the local "Losi" sponsored guys I know don't get anything free. They get stuff at a great price, but its not free.

You also have to remember you are going to be obligated to run whatever it is you are sponsored for. If you get a "chassis" sponsor and you find you can't get it set-up for your liking, you're stuck with it.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

I know of the "two-way street" deal. Just haven't put them on the site yet..
I have many options and plans to get the sponsor's names out there.

As far as the results and stuff, I have always wanted to put the results from the event up but I could never get them because the printer was always down.. Hopefully with the track now being ROAR sanctioned it will work!? Hehe :P

All that I understand about R/C Manufacturing companies and getting sponsored by their parts. Thanks for clarifying it a bit more..

As far as local companies and such sponsoring, how would I go as far as pricing for plans "SUCH AS" 6-month plans to 1 year plans and such? I have several options and opinions on it, just want to know what You all think on how to determine that.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

most companies are also looking for 1/8 driver's.....Not 1/10 and MT.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am reading this thread and thinking to myself who would sponsor you. For one you don't have any clue how anything works including rc the thing that you want to be sponsored for.

You keep say now that our club is Roar sanction we can have points. What does Roar have anything to do with your prointer working? Plus why would you need a printer to put your results on your webstie?

Also why would anyone sposnsor you locally if you don't have any place locally to race? A local buisness wants local exposure.

For the website why would make your website live if it is incomplete. That makes you look half ass.

Think of it this way you go in for a job interveiw, you are dressed like a slob you do things half way, you don't understand what the job involves and your not even qualafied for the job. Why would you get the job you wouldn't. that is what this whole sponsorship atemp your making looks like.

Jamee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.