LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIPS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

listen to shane guys he know what he talking about he fast a local and big race sure he has a bad weekend for time to time but he never get mad he dose for run. he sposnered because he make the car look good on the track and he fast
i race with him atleast once a month and he always helpful and he laping me most of the time atleast once if not twice
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dead1dave
IMO nobody worthy of a sponsorship should have to go around asking for it ...................If your good ...............they will come to you don't worry .

I can't help but think this topic is just a couple guys looking for some hand outs .
Think what you want. Racing is all I've ever known how to do since I was 3, and I've forked out thousands to all my racing instead of my actual truck, lol, and Mike enjoys this just as much as I do. It's just money is really REALLY tight right now and even the smallest sponsors would make a huge difference.

All this advice is awesome, especially that resume! :P Thanks a bunch, everyone, THIS is why we posted this topic, for ideas and some help.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

THE THING THAT I DONT GET IS WHEN WE ARE ASKING FOR ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO ABOUT SPONSORSHIPS THERE IS ALWAYS *edited*. TO EVERYONE THAT HAS GIVIN US GOOD ADVICE. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. SEE JUST LIKE MY TEAM MATE SAID WE PUT ALL OUT MONEY INTO THE RACES AND NOT THE ACTUAL CARS. BUT DAVID AND MYSELF ENJOY RACING. IT GETS US AWAY FROM THE GIRLS. THANK GOD..... WE ALL NEED OUR SPACE.

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 08-20-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Language
Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mike, Just one thing! When you are on the forms, watch how you say things. Like Racecraft and others have posted key thing is attitudes! ON and OFF the track! Everyone get alittle upset but it is how you handle yourself, Sponsers will be looking at that! The sponser(s) may be on this or other forms and see how you are responding to others. that can make a diff. in them taking you on as a drive. Just my 2cent, Not bashing on you just want you to think ahead before u just start posting comments that may not help you.

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 08-20-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: removed quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Being sponsored is not the ultimate goal... win and have fun- the rest will come naturaly
Old 08-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY. THE THING THAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST IS THE FACT WHEN PEOPLE ASK QUESTIONS AND NEED ADVICE. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THAT LAUGHS AT YOU. I KNOW THAT POSSIBLE SPONSORS COULD BE READING THIS, BUT EVERYONE IS RIGHT WE JUST NEED TO GET OUT THERE AND MAKE A NAME FOR OURSELVES. NOW THAT WE ARE ROAR SANCTIONED IT IS POSSIBLE NOW. THANKS EVERYONE..

ALSO, DAVID AND MYSELF WILL BE HEADING TO THE NITRO PIT HERE REAL SOON. SO EVERYONE THAT IS GOING TO BE THERE PLEASE BRING YOUR BEST RACE POSSIBLE. TO ME ITS NOT ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING ITS JUST TO HAVE FUN. AND IF THERE IS THAT POSSIBILITY THAT POSSIBLE SPONSORS WILL BE THERE AT LEAST THEY WILL BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT WE COULD BRING
Old 08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just stay focused on what you are doing! There will always be someone that will laugh at you, In the long run (down the road ) you maybe the one that is laughing. SO keep trying and good luck! everyone started somewhere
Old 08-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

thank you blackbart. if you ever get the chance to go to the nitro pit you should let us know. we would enjoy meeting up with you and racing with you
Old 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay lets say for a second that I own a RC company looking to sponsor people . Am I going to give serious consideration to the guy on the internet looking for hand outs with a SNOOPY zip tied to the roof of his car because times are tough ???

Please stop before I call "PETOS" "people for the ethical treatment of snoopy " .

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 08-20-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Removed quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You guys need to get your azzes to Scottsdale Rc. They have 1/10 truck races all the time, and lots of people show up for them. Also if you make a name for yourselves there by winning. All the big dogs go there for the Cactus Classic. Get in your cars and drive! Show people you are serious, and you may have better luck. I sit on my couch and eat Twinkies all day, but Hostess is not sending me any money. (just an example, not being a jerk) Get out there, get wins, get noticed, and then when the Cactus Classic comes around, all the big sponsors are there with bags of cash!!, lol, not!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is a fairly definitive answer for people looking for sponsorship:

http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25709

My grasp of things from what i have seen is if you are super fast you will be spotted. First thing is normally a hobby shop sponsorship, the dedicated hobby shop will have ties and relationships with the supplyers and race teams and will bring to the attention drivers they think are worthy of watching... there is a ladder. The super talented quickest of the quick will get a ride if they have the results whatever, so if you are mayfield/cavalieri/drake/truhe/pavidis quick then it will happen. Otherwise it's the quick, consistent, knowledgable, helpful and bring something to the table for the sponsor.

Another thing to remember if lusting after the full ride is it becomes a job representing a team with it's own demands and pressures and is not for everyone. I have made a living at a few things over the years that started as a passion... one i still love although it's not a profession anymore and the other ended up being a drag in the end from over exposure. It's something to think through very carefully.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Speaking from having experience and being sponsored in the past I can offer some advice...

TIP #1
Make a professional resume. This should include...
  • A personal statement about yourself, personality, years experience, home track, what sanction groups you are with, what classes you run and your vehicles.
  • A list of your best finishes.
    For example...
RACE: 7th Annual Pacific Northwest Nationals, sponsored by Goodguys and Budweiser
Date & Location
1994, Puyallup WA.
Results
1st Place Stock Class Truck
2nd Place Modified Truck Class
RACE: Norrca Division III Championships Truck Worlds Qualifier
Date & Location
1994, Region-Northwest Multiple Locations
Results
10th Place EXPERT Modified Truck Class [QUALIFIED FOR WORLDS]
RACE: Norrca Pro Truck Worlds
Date & Location
1994, Ranch Pit, CA.
Results
Qualified D main among factory drivers. Placed 46th in out of 230 drivers
RACE: ROAR Region II Offroad Championships
Date & Location
1994, Bellingham WA.
Results
1nd Place Modified Truck Class
RACE: Tacoma RC Raceway Indoor Championships
Date & Location
1995, Tacoma WA.
Results
1nd Place Modified Truck Class
  • Finally your goals. How will you represent. What you plan to attend. What your sponsorship intensions are, being what level? Full factory, intro level? What classes you plan to race. What sanction groups you plan to join.

TIP #2
Find proper contacts by asking around at big events and send your resume to business ATTN: the contact name.

TIP #3
Being sponsored IS LIKE HAVING A JOB... so APPLY LIKE YOU WOULD APPLY FOR A JOB and act like it. That link above said it well... it's a business they are running. This actually drove me out of the hobby for some time because it became an overwhelming responsibility and the fun went away. I never became full factory sponsored but I think I was a few steps close to just that. When your in that window of getting free gear but paying for your travel and a few other items it can be grueling.

TIP #4
With that said... Try to keep it fun! A sponsor wants you to represent them well. You must have a personality that will represent the company in a good light. Being helpful, open minded, and of course... placing well in races well will do good for your road to sponsorship.

Well, hope that helps. I can tell you it can become a lot of work, but it can be fun also if you use it correctly.

Good Luck...

OH and BTW... I race at the Nitro Pit now... and those example accomplishments are actually some of my earlier ones. Look forward to racing you... muahahahahaaa

-Don

Last edited by Don Duct; 08-20-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi I race in my backyard, I am real fast around the walnut tree, and through the briar patch. My buddy and I go to a club race every month, we dont win, but if somone would sponsor me I would be better. I know this, because I see Adam Drake in magazines and hes fast because losi gives them a free ride. Do you guys know of any other companies that would give me freee stuff to burn up in my yard.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adim_X
Hi I race in my backyard, I am real fast around the walnut tree, and through the briar patch. My buddy and I go to a club race every month, we dont win, but if somone would sponsor me I would be better. I know this, because I see Adam Drake in magazines and hes fast because losi gives them a free ride. Do you guys know of any other companies that would give me freee stuff to burn up in my yard.

are u being serious ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.