Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You really need to run the classes with deep talent and high entrys. So for nitro 1/8 buggy and truggy are the 2. Although fun 1/10 and monster truck dont sell enough. You at least need to be in the a-main at all the "trophy races in your local area. Being top 3 consistantly is usually what most companies look for. RC pro series events are usually good competition. You also need to go above and beyond in the pits and be proffesional. Good luck keep working hard and practice...lots
Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I am reading this thread and thinking to myself who would sponsor you. For one you don't have any clue how anything works including rc the thing that you want to be sponsored for.

You keep say now that our club is Roar sanction we can have points. What does Roar have anything to do with your prointer working? Plus why would you need a printer to put your results on your webstie?

Also why would anyone sposnsor you locally if you don't have any place locally to race? A local buisness wants local exposure.

For the website why would make your website live if it is incomplete. That makes you look half ass.

Think of it this way you go in for a job interveiw, you are dressed like a slob you do things half way, you don't understand what the job involves and your not even qualafied for the job. Why would you get the job you wouldn't. that is what this whole sponsorship atemp your making looks like.

Jamee
It's live because I race multiple things other than just R/C. Online racing and Dirt Track racing are examples of other things that I, myself do. I have helped with and run multiple websites, http://xtremeonlinemotorsports.com is an example of one that I helped. I don't do high-end designs by myself, by all means, I have always more to learn with PHP and other coding. So that is the reasoning why the Website is live.

Me not knowing anything R/C is pretty ridiculous to say considering I've been doing it for a while, locally and around Kingman areas. I agree that they are only Club races, not anything big, but that will change soon, but it doesn't mean that I don't know anything. I am lucky enough to have big sponsored drivers to run with that help me out and teach me the ropes. Hopefully I'll have money to go to Nitro Challenge '09. Never once was it stated we didn't race locally, which we do more than anything, but during summer in Havasu, as most know, is too damn hot on the engines, and noone will come, so we have to take breaks during summer and start back up after labor day weekend.

The persons running our track had a difficult time keeping it running due to fees for property and such, which is why they had to get it sanctioned by ROAR to keep it open(From what I'm being told by LHS and others). In my eyes, it's awesome that they did. I brought up the silly printer thing due to hopefully them getting set up a bit better and having everything ready to go by race time.

Also, as Integra and schmelme have stated, I am certain to start running this 1/8th buggy now that better equipment has finally been able to be bought to run with the guys here in town and around AZ.

Your statement of being professional is completely true, and I agree 100%. I do appreciate your opinions to the fullest. And I agree with what the other two said, which is to keep running the 1/8th scale everywhere around AZ to get a better feel and to get the name out there .
Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you have never had any rc related sponsors you need to start out with smaller company's, they are more willing to sponsor people just for the simple fact of getting there name out there. Most larger company's have a certain time of year when they start looking for new talent, you will need a resume because in reality you are applying for a job even though they are just toy cars.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by huskerfreak

Plus why would you need a printer to put your results on your webstie?

Jamee
Wanted to answer this really quick. This way we could print out the results and upload them from my computer to the website directly. Our local track does not put the results up on the webpage. It would be a lot easier to track stats if I had them printed out and in my posession. Many have done it before, just I haven't had any luck, lol..
Old 08-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For starters I see you're still running the GT - you should probably atleast get a GT2. If Associated sponsored you (just using an example here) they wouldn't want you to run a truck they aren't producing anymore...

But really all you have to do to get sponsored is do well (yeah I know it's easier said than done), be curteous and help others, and help promote the company. Hell, these days you hardly even need to drive good to get sponsored
Old 08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nay0k
For starters I see you're still running the GT - you should probably atleast get a GT2. If Associated sponsored you (just using an example here) they wouldn't want you to run a truck they aren't producing anymore...

But really all you have to do to get sponsored is do well (yeah I know it's easier said than done), be curteous and help others, and help promote the company. Hell, these days you hardly even need to drive good to get sponsored
Haha, Very true huh? Thanks for the advice, will definately work a bit harder to get it , and yea... GT is a bit out-dated aint it? haha
Old 08-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You don't know unless you have a go, no harm in asking. Good luck in your search for a sponsor, we all wish we were sponsored but for many it will be nothing but a dream.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Engines are the least of your worries.
If you are a good driver, you will be noticed.
The fast guys are that way for a reason. They drive well.
They can take just about anything and be fast with it.
Straight line speed and power mean nothing unless you can drive.

Better engines won't impress anyone. How you drive and your attitude will get you noticed.

Companies do not want people coming to them asking for sponsorship (unless they advertise that they do). They will find you if you are a good driver, good attitude and represent yourself well.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thats not completely true. Big companies like AE, Team Losi, etc, definitely go by what they hear or who is referred. But smaller companies that are trying to get their products out may not hear of "local" or regional talent.

The sponsors I had, I went after. The people I sponsor approached me from different parts of the country.

Originally Posted by sharkman
Engines are the least of your worries.
If you are a good driver, you will be noticed.
The fast guys are that way for a reason. They drive well.
They can take just about anything and be fast with it.
Straight line speed and power mean nothing unless you can drive.

Better engines won't impress anyone. How you drive and your attitude will get you noticed.

Companies do not want people coming to them asking for sponsorship (unless they advertise that they do). They will find you if you are a good driver, good attitude and represent yourself well.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

sorry about laughing before, but i thought the thread was a gag.
major sponsors have all sorts of people clamoring for sponsorship, standing in line to get it, and few are going to be attracted by an annonymous thread putting themselves out there noting rather limited accomplishments at small tracks they've never heard of by drivers they've never heard of that note little interest in traveling to races.
there are plenty of drivers that have success at their local track, some even think themselves king of the world, but find out they're small fish in a big pond when they go to a big race.
the best way to attract sponsors is to become known as a wheel via your accomplishments at bigger events, and as someone else said the best way to get sponsors is to contact sponsors direct and give them your resume.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

First off it takes money and a few friends. We bought my boy decent stuff, he did really good with then a friend introduced him so he could get a 50% sponsorship. As he got better they bumped him up to 100%. And yes he travels to all big races within 250 miles and is a great spokesperson for his company, helping whoever he can and he's even made a few sales for the company. He's VERY fast at club races and getting better at the big ones and one day he'll compete head on with Drake, Truhe, Cavalairi in the A-main soon.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

WE REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE THAT EVERYONE HAS GIVEN US. EVERYONE HAD GOOD ADVICE. THANK YOU AND IF ANYTHING COMES UP I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS....... THANKS FROM EVERYONE HERE AT BKSMOTORSPORTS...
Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Dude , you have a snoopy doll attached to your truck. If your going to be serious that has got to go!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

you just need to be good and be winning or placing well in big races. i had to work my butt off to get the Traxxas sponsership for my revo i had it for about 6 months then i broke the sponsership and now am shooting for CEN with my matrix.

it just takes lots of practice
Old 08-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You know, I think we all were clueless at one point. No one comes into this hobby with all the answers. And if they do, then they are surely a force to be reconed with.

I Have been racing RC for 16 years and have collected alot of RC knowledge along th way. But you have to get it from somewhere, and I think putting yourself out here is a good way to get feedback.

I think I can tell that you guys are pretty young and have alot to learn, and asking questions is a good way to do it.

Here are some good tips that will help you get noticed at the track, It's not just how well you finish, it's alot more than that.

1. Volunteer, if they are low on turn marshalls, it doesn't hurt to volunteer, help pit others, Help with track maintenance.do that and people will stop and realize that your a good guy. They might even help you out with questions you might have. It's like putting your foot in the door.

2. Be patient, listen to others, but don't over pester people. Also, keep a good 5 foot distance between you and the person your talking to. I know a couple guys who get right in my face with questions, and I'm not very open to helping them when there breathing all of my air.

3.Build your skill by practicing, and once your finishing well, you can build a resume. Traveling to big races helps, and builds experience on different types of tracks.

I'm gonna stop there, I need to go polish up my resume after my big finish from the pro series race this past weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.