Wiki Posts
Search

Need a V-spec expert!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Need a V-spec expert!

Ok so my V-spec will not idle, and OS refuses to help. They will not take it back, they will not service it, or even look at it. We have eliminated all possibilities except for the engine. Carb is fine, tank, fuel lines, etc. It is either a leaking front bearing, or the engine has a hairline crack, but we cannot find any problems. Sometimes when trying to start it, it blows bubbles back into the fuel line! Can someone help because I cannot get it to idle long enough to break it in! It runs at 1/4 throttle, but I cannot run the Truggy because there are no brakes at 1/4 throttle. If I turn the idle screw enough to get it it idle, it interferes with my carb slide. Someone please help, I'm sooooo pissed I wasted $300
Old 08-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Put the idle screw back where it should be and lean out the bottom end a bit.

Check your head bolts, make sure they are good and tight.

Change the plug.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hey

hey i had the same problem with mine so i tryed racers edge card sealent on the carb and now it runs awesome so try some of this stuff it works. and if that doesnt fix the problem pour soapy water on the frount berring plug the fuel line and exhaush and blow in on the airfilter and if bubbles come from the berring that it is leaking or maby its time to replace the needle o rings.

thanks chad
Old 08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation v spec

is the motor new or bought used ???
Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Ok so my V-spec will not idle, and OS refuses to help. They will not take it back, they will not service it, or even look at it. We have eliminated all possibilities except for the engine. Carb is fine, tank, fuel lines, etc. It is either a leaking front bearing, or the engine has a hairline crack, but we cannot find any problems. Sometimes when trying to start it, it blows bubbles back into the fuel line! Can someone help because I cannot get it to idle long enough to break it in! It runs at 1/4 throttle, but I cannot run the Truggy because there are no brakes at 1/4 throttle. If I turn the idle screw enough to get it it idle, it interferes with my carb slide. Someone please help, I'm sooooo pissed I wasted $300
Why is my wife in your avatar
Old 08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm guessing your engine is brand new since you mentioned that you can't break it in because it won't idle. 2 of my friends have V-specs and I'm on my second v-spec. I don't know how much experience you have with breaking in engines, but you probably have to keep the glow plug ignitor on the engine for the first 4 to 6 tanks until you can start driving the Truggy around. Sometimes I even had to drive around with the ignitor on because the engine wouldn't idle. When you start leaning the engine up and when the engine starts to loosen up from breaking it in, it will idle or you definetly have a mechanical problem.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Oh yeah, and if you can't drive around at 1/4 throttle because you don't have breaks, the go to an area that is big enough so you can
Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

It won't idle, because it's to Rich.. Start over! Clean your car, take off your AF Boot. Push the carb slide in w/ your finger, and turn your idle screw out slowly just until the slide is completely close. Now turn the idle screw IN 1-1/2 turns to open the slide and set the idle. Now after resetting the idle,if it doesn't idle, LEAN it out. Tune in small increments. no more then a 1/4 turn at a time.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Did he figure it out?
Try a different pipe, be sure your getting pressure to the tank and check the glow plug.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Lord

I have tried all these Suggestions, except checking to see if the front bearing is sucking air. We tried 3 different v-spec carbs, took engine apart 3 times looking for cracks, or leaks, or defects. New gas tanks, new fuel lines, ETC. I'll try the front bearing test, to see if it's leaking, and let you know. Thanks to all of you for your replies. I am really pissed, but I hope to get it running. Engine is brand new, BTW.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by chad24
hey i had the same problem with mine so i tryed racers edge card sealent on the carb and now it runs awesome so try some of this stuff it works. and if that doesnt fix the problem pour soapy water on the frount berring plug the fuel line and exhaush and blow in on the airfilter and if bubbles come from the berring that it is leaking or maby its time to replace the needle o rings.

thanks chad
Carb has been sealed, the first thing I did was Seal everything good. I will try that front bearing test though. What an idiot that I did not do that while I had it apart. FYI Racers edge carb sealant is nothing more than High temp silicone, that you can buy at any Auto store for about $3. Don't get ripped just cause it says Racer's edge on it.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Permatex red sealent fits the bill just fine. Any auto store should have it.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 AM

I just got my first V-spec on monday and broke it in yesterday. But I was checking it out when I got it and noticed that the piston was in backwards! So that would definietly be something I would check because if they can put it together backwards on mine then they could have put it in backwards on yours too. Also mine came so rich it would barely start.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro syco
...... But I was checking it out when I got it and noticed that the piston was in backwards!
So the notch in the piston was facing the backplate when you got it?

that sounds fishy.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Carb has been sealed, the first thing I did was Seal everything good. I will try that front bearing test though. What an idiot that I did not do that while I had it apart. FYI Racers edge carb sealant is nothing more than High temp silicone, that you can buy at any Auto store for about $3. Don't get ripped just cause it says Racer's edge on it.
Use Lucky 7 Rc engine sealant.. The best!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25728

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.