What tire glue do you use?

What tire glue do you use?

Old 08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Proline medium is best
Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I use Sexpanther glue...60 percent of time, it works everytime.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ok

just use zap the glue comes in a clear bottle with a pink lable and is chaep and i have never had a 1/8th scale tire come unglued.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Losi or Trinity .
Old 08-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Tire glue

ZAP works well so does any super glue from your local $1 store. Just use some 400grit sandpaper and scuff the bead on the rim and clean both the rim and tire with acetone or other cleaner that wont leave a film when dry anywhere where glue is to be placed. I have not had any tires come off since doing it this way. Also use tire bands, rubber bands or eletrical tape to hold the tire to the rim with pressure while drying and run a bead of glue arround edge to help seal it from dirt and rolling over.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

The Losi glue is good, if you're lucky to not get bad bottles which happens with it. I have not used PL glue, now I use Loctite from Home Depot (in same bottle as PL and TL glue). I think the loctite works as good or better, haven't had any bad loctite glue yet, and it's cheaper. Lostite = $6 where TL is $8 and PL is $9 a bottle.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Jesse what is the number on the Loctite?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by romeo_charlie33
ZAP works well so does any super glue from your local $1 store. Just use some 400grit sandpaper and scuff the bead on the rim and clean both the rim and tire with acetone or other cleaner that wont leave a film when dry anywhere where glue is to be placed. I have not had any tires come off since doing it this way. Also use tire bands, rubber bands or eletrical tape to hold the tire to the rim with pressure while drying and run a bead of glue arround edge to help seal it from dirt and rolling over.
Good info! Most all the glues work well if you use the above method. I like Losi due to the applicator tube also. Once I started using the above mthod i have yet to have a tire come loose off of the rim. Now I just have to figure out how to keep from popping the foams inside the tire. I've had three split and seperate and all you can do by that point is trash them.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
I just use regular Loctite brand cyanoacrylate glue from the hardware store.
Loctite for sure ---- and I get the type with the little brush in the bottle, that way it allows you to use just how much you want and put it were you want. Clean application, no spills, no drips, no errors, no muss, no fuss.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

What is the dry time like on loctite?

My biggest troubles come from the glue setting too quickly. Using CA, the bond is good, however it likes to grab a part of the tire before I get it just where I want it. Normally I put the tire on, use electrical tape to apply some pressure, then simply peel up the bead a bit and put glue in it. However, sometimes the bead doesn't want to seat well instantly, and if it doesn't I find it is stuck where it lays. It would be nice if there was a glue that you could apply liberally, get the tire seated well, then just let it dry for 8-10 hours.
The other problem I have with CA is it tends to dry and leave a white residue on the wheels. Not a problem except I like to use black rims Does loctite fix any of these issues?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

If you take some acetone, and wipe them down afterwards, it'll usually remove any of the white residue.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc31cli
just use zap the glue comes in a clear bottle with a pink lable and is chaep and i have never had a 1/8th scale tire come unglued.
I also use Zap glue but the green lable one. Strong and inexpensive. I have yet to have a set of tires come off of the wheels. But I do prep them before gluing. I scuff the wheel and tire bead with 150 grit sandpaper then I clean the rim and tire with denatured alcohol or nitro cleaner. then glue them up.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I used to use proline but got a few bad bottles. Now I am using Jet medium. It comes in a 2oz bottle that cost $9.

Lately I have been using GRP tires and with absolutly zero prep they are staying together just fine. I think that with Proline tires I would atleast have to wipe of the mold release.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I prep every tire before gluing them ,even re-prep ones I have dis-mounted by using my dremel with a sanding drum in it and go around the beads tom make them blem free , panther,proline,grp I do them all this way and use the thin stuff, what ever brand I can get that is fresh !I have never lost a tire doing it this way!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

koysho glue kept in the bag

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.