Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
The top 15 Nats drivers, How many engines used per season. >

The top 15 Nats drivers, How many engines used per season.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The top 15 Nats drivers, How many engines used per season.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Don't leave the pit guys out they have to get payed to. I think there are different bonus's for podiums.

And the old snotty motors get sent back for testing. They don't toss them.
I race where Tebo and James race at. Taylor sends his to O.S. and they check them over. When he went to the Werks fuel I remember them talking about sending a .28 in to check it out.
They have the wear of a motor down to a science.
Race tune comes into play when longevity is concerned.

There's some serious motor gurus at Real-RC.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenb46
Damn Shane, i'm ovepaying you by a long shot lol

My services are invaluable....and you kow it.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
I am sure they are breaking in a new motor for every big race they go to.

HAHA,If your over paying Shane then just give me some motors to run and I won't charge you anything.Besides, My last name is cooler than his. LOL.

True dat....but the name ain't gotta be cool......the owner does.

And I am.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Coty has gone through several motors this year, 2 Werks, 1 Jammin that you Mod'd,my V-spec (had a gal on it),currently running a Novarossi, and those are just the ones i can remember, I'm sure thier's been more. Still got half a season to go yet.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

And 1 other V-spec i forgot about.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run the GRP engines. I didn't jump on the band wagon because of Drake and Truhe. I always ran the grp ninja before that. I do have a V-spec in my truggy though.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
I run the GRP engines. I didn't jump on the band wagon because of Drake and Truhe. I always ran the grp ninja before that. I do have a V-spec in my truggy though.

any problems with the GRP, be honest

Don't worry Shane K, i won't let the cat out of the bag
Old 08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

When I was getting the stock ninjas they were really good and lasted a long time. I baught a rossi tuned once and it lasted about 5 weeks. I think the new grp motor is like the rossi tuned one and they just are not as good as the plane ninja. I probably will try a speed next in my buggy when I go threw the grps I have left.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

During the heavy racing season of big races I would say probably 5-6 engines per vehicle. Bear in mind I personally don't set mine to kill. But i'm not afraid of 260-280 on occasion, some motors just run hotter as well. Generally with the Sirios they take over 1 gallon to break them in. When you go to a big event like mentioned before, you don't want a motor that is even questionable. The race is more important than having a motor take you out of the event.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

mugenb46- Unfortunately these forums are notorious for spreading rumors and getting top level drivers in trouble so you probably won't see the info you're looking for posted on this thread. The best thing to do is ask this question to the driver's directly. You can pm many of them on here and might even get a few to speak to you over the phone. I'm not sure what info you're looking for but I can tell you that not everything posted above is entirely accurate; some of it could even be described as complete shots in the dark.

*Disclaimer* This is not to discredit any one of the claims on this thread in particular. I'm sure some of you know a pro or two personally. In my experience in the industry much of the responses to this thread are off the mark just a bit and I want mugenb46 to get the best info possible.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
mugenb46- Unfortunately these forums are notorious for spreading rumors and getting top level drivers in trouble so you probably won't see the info you're looking for posted on this thread. The best thing to do is ask this question to the driver's directly. You can pm many of them on here and might even get a few to speak to you over the phone. I'm not sure what info you're looking for but I can tell you that not everything posted above is entirely accurate; some of it could even be described as complete shots in the dark.

*Disclaimer* This is not to discredit any one of the claims on this thread in particular. I'm sure some of you know a pro or two personally. In my experience in the industry much of the responses to this thread are off the mark just a bit and I want mugenb46 to get the best info possible.
Who are you, and what do you know?

Colin
Old 08-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles

Since his Mother,Him and myself all buy our boys engines i know that every bit i say is true. He's got a 100% ride with Cen and 50% with Werks and he races twice a weekend so motors are not gonna last him 6 months. Yes many people in this world are full of poop, but not this one.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22
During the heavy racing season of big races I would say probably 5-6 engines per vehicle. Bear in mind I personally don't set mine to kill. But i'm not afraid of 260-280 on occasion, some motors just run hotter as well. Generally with the Sirios they take over 1 gallon to break them in. When you go to a big event like mentioned before, you don't want a motor that is even questionable. The race is more important than having a motor take you out of the event.
i know lutz will give you an honest answer ! he is the team kyosho america team manager and a super nice guy .

i race pretty heavily and am a serious engine guy and personally i can race the crap out of an engine and have engines that i have ran for more than a season cause i tune to be fast but not wear my stuff out i also rebuild engines instead of treating them as throw aways
monty

HOUSTONS ENGINE SERVICE
Old 08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

well, i think the input onthis has been helpfull, and i can see the common trend on the subject, if anyone on the level of Ryan can give me facts or a general idea in the ball park, witch i think alot of you have and thanks for that also you can pm me, our discusions will be handeled in a profesional mannor. I am simply looking for solid info to help support a Pro driver for 2009, by this time we are hoping to be able to back a solid engine platform and driver, as always we will have a good base of engines we offer, but what engine the driver will run or what brand will be determened by me and the driver.

Thanks guys for the good post and info, you all have been a big help.

And thanks to the current PTM drivers for the support.

Dan Reino
Shane Keller
Jeremy Newsome
Corey Johnson
Kevin Stevenson
Old 08-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

No...thank you sir.