R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Jason Ruona...thanks a million for actually taking the time to read into these tire threads...if only whats her face from over at P-Line would see this thread she would shi* a brick....but everything we have said is True.....so its not like we are lying about anything....these are personal experiences with their product...and it sucked......ANYWAYS........as far as premounts....if you guys are confident in the glueing skills to offer premounts gO For it.....I for 1 however will Never trust any one but myself.....i wish i could....but ive gotten so anal over the years about glueing....i honestly dont think anyone would put up with my pickyness on how tires should be prepped and glue'd........selling tires mounted but unglued is a waste...as most guys take em apart to sand clean and prep the beads for glue....i would like to thank you again for taking the time and listening to what Us Racer's WANT.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have to buy premounts until I learn how to glue them myself. I have had no issue with Proline Bowties, Crimes, or the GRP Cubics premounts to this point. I did have the Losi buggy tires in the kit last about 4 laps. I also bought some Losi Step Pins that didn't last the weekend before they came apart. Seems to be a hit or miss problem, or I'm not driving fast enough yet, which is probably the case.
looneytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi has a big quality control problem when it comes to wheels and tires IMO.
The step-pins I bought where not from a kit and where awful ($32.99) retail?
Jason an all around tire like the first GRP Cubic would be great IMO. A light
strong wheel spoked or dish, but everything light to cut unsprung weight.
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #34

Nothing wrong with GRP premounts I have never had them come apart, they are glued better than most ppl in this thread could glue them. I bought a set of proline premounts and there was no vent holes, I had to dremel a hole without hopefully damaging the foams.
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Loop&Roll...for those situations with No vent holes on already mounted rims.....a leather punch is the solution.....But obviously u can just use it as is.....i had my Old punch gun fall apart and all the hole punchy tubes came out with it...so i just use a pair of plyer's and hold 1 of the single tubes and PUSH REAL hard on the tire...whamo...a purfect hole....i cant really see it hurting the foam either....but maby a molded foam would'nt like a cylinder hole being punched in it.......but then again....id Much rather do this then try and Cut a Diamond shaped hole with side cutter's and have it possibly tear at some point.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I've run one set of PL premounts with no issues thus far. They seem to be glued very well.

Otherwise I glue them myself.