R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright

I go with some advice from a few pro's, every 3 hours of run time... of course it depends on how you want to run, but running the same oil too long is going to start some wear in the gears and build up heat.

Saying that after some hard use i have yet to do any damage to an RC8 diff, they are as close to bullet proof as you will get...

Diff oils is one of those jobs that once you do it a couple of times you can do blidfolded and fairly quick, under pressure i can do it in under 15 minutes. All three in around 30. Assuming i don't put them back in the wrong way round because i am hurrying. Done that before. Nothing like putting those screws in as your final is warming up...
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
losi xxxt ball diff change to a 1/10 desert truck diff newbie2 Electric Off-Road 49 12-13-2010 07:49 PM
NTC3 Complete ATD Diff, diff nut, pivot ball socket caps Judge Joe Brown R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-09-2008 09:18 PM
[B]Fioroni Center Diff And Front Diff And Ofna Torsion Diff For Hyper 7[/B] Imdadundada7 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 08-07-2006 10:11 PM
front lock diff vs gear diff rhed Nitro On-Road 4 11-29-2005 01:20 PM
XRAY T1FK04, XRC 4.0mm Chassis, One-Way, Diff, Hudy Spring Steel Diff, and MORE! BobbyDoyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 08-18-2005 03:38 PM