Wiki Posts
Search

Mac .21

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Mac .21

Has anyone used Andy Brown's Mac .21 buggy engine? What did you think? I can get one for 159. My VG died again after 2 gallons. It been sent in for warrenty repair. I was think of getting a new motor. I was looking at this or Novarossi .21BF or RB LS3.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Gidday Revo61

If you are after a good reliable motor any of the 3 listed will do, if you want something a little different give the mac21 a go. If you go for the standard mac21 try running it with a 12th clutch bell, you will still have plenty of top end, or if you can afford to have Andy Brown mod the engine that would be the way to go, with the mod you run your standard clutch set up..Some guys have changed the carby to a nova carby, I have never had a issue with the standard carby, also try and find a aftermarket nova 6 stud head to run on it...all in all the mac's sound good , go hard and hold a good tune.

Cheers Paul......
Old 08-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is Andy Brown back to modding car/buggy engines? About 4 years ago, I sent him an S5 that he worked some magic on after he basically talked me out of the Mac .21

I know his engines hold a few marine world records.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I don't know if Andy is back. I just heard they still sell the Mac .21, I was thinking of getting one. I ended up getting a used Vspec.