Send a message via AIM to Allumina

http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...4247874587.htm

not only are they instock, they have the best price i've seen on the intarwebz
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

urr whoa their price went up... about 2 days ago when I made that bookmark on my computer, they were like 1 or 2 dollars cheaper. oh well, atleast they are in stock!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

just realized you said city blocks,

http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...4469162180.htm
Old 09-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #49
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Heres a place to buy them to. Unfortunately there back order. I just noticed them today and was going to try them out.
http://www.modhobby.com/catalog/1-8-buggy/tires
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im just going that the pre mounted weren't that balanced. but you guys changed my mind. i didnt know they were doing them there selves, that makes me have alot more faith in them.
bigsquidracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Amainhobbies have them in stock. Tires and wheels only no premounts.
Fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #52
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

These tires look sweet! Think I'll give em a try at "The Nitro Pit" I'll give an opinion after I race em.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #53
Tech Initiate

Default Full Throttle Hobbies has them in stock

We have them in stock.. Cityblocks soft compound and white wheels also.

Check us out: Fullthrottlehobbies.com
egunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:45 AM   #54
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastguy1 View Post
Ok so I got one more outdoor race left before crcrc opens and I'm trying to get a set of the cityblocks. The track is McCulloughs and its the cancer race he's has every year and I'm thinking the tires would be dialed! Where on earth can I get a set before wed. That's when I'm heading to the race.
Anyone???anyone???bueller??bueller???
Thanks
MO
I got mine from Amain and Carolinas RC. Amain had the wheels and the tires. Carolinas had just the tires but you can use the Proline V2 wheels. My order went in on Thursday to Carolinas and they were out of Soft City Blocks. For you to get them by Wednesday...........not without spending a small fortune for shipping. You could try pro4mance hobbies (724)409-4514 (no web site yet) That is the shop that keeps Mcculloughs trailer stocked (also one of the club racers)and he is very close to the race track.
Good luck
See you at the RAC next weekend
Hyperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Thanks guys!! Your awesome
I called amain and they said they didn't have them yet. Ill try fullthrottle today
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:44 AM   #56
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i ordered a set of soft city blocks on thursday and got them yesterday from Carolinas. I tried them yesterday and man, they have loads of traction I am quite happy with them.
free2day77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #57
Tech Lord

A couple of people had them yesterday at the Nitro Pit for the races. They seemed pretty hooked up. I'll give em a shot. The cityblock tread looks like a combo of Holeshot, crimefighter, and bowtie, and those are the 3 most popular race patterns, so they should be pretty universal.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Jaz - talk to Trevor - he can probably give you some insight as to which tread pattern is better. He's been running all four of the tread patterns so he should have a good idea of what works best at the "Pit." Just a little more information - I don't reccommend punching more than one small vent hole in the tire (this comes from Gil's observations). The inserts don't "breath" like a standard insert, so there's not a lot of air that needs to go in and out of the tire. Try it first and you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, don't vent the tires after they're mounted. The inserts will last from 10 to 20 sets of tires, so you can use them over and over. If you keep venting the tires after they're glued up, then the inserts will look like swiss cheese. ;-) Enough customers have already asked if they can buy tires without the inserts for a lower price because they've seen how long the inserts last, so the tires will probably be available soon without inserts. Please let us know what you think once you've tried them.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #59
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Jaz - talk to Trevor - he can probably give you some insight as to which tread pattern is better. He's been running all four of the tread patterns so he should have a good idea of what works best at the "Pit." Just a little more information - I don't reccommend punching more than one small vent hole in the tire (this comes from Gil's observations). The inserts don't "breath" like a standard insert, so there's not a lot of air that needs to go in and out of the tire. Try it first and you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, don't vent the tires after they're mounted. The inserts will last from 10 to 20 sets of tires, so you can use them over and over. If you keep venting the tires after they're glued up, then the inserts will look like swiss cheese. ;-) Enough customers have already asked if they can buy tires without the inserts for a lower price because they've seen how long the inserts last, so the tires will probably be available soon without inserts. Please let us know what you think once you've tried them.

Will they sell the inserts without the tires for those of us that have left over new tires from other makers (who use poopy foams). For that matter, I have tires that have lotsa tread, but have dead foams. I doubt I'm alone there either, due to the afforementioned poopy foams...

Dangit, when did all my favorite cars, trucks, airplanes, and engines become "vintage"???
Eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #60
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post

Will do Steve, Thanks