R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

They mount best on Aka wheels. Losi is the closest though, they mount up better than any tire, great quality, foams are awesome.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ya losis are better akas the best, but the akas arent out yet at my store. and i dont like the losi wheels not the best qualitie at all to me so i use proline.

the foams are great i love them
bigsquidracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 AM   #33
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquidracer View Post
i heard there not out yet. but i wouldnt want them because i heard that they arent balanced very well and its better to do it your self anyways
I heard that they were supposed to be balanced very well as pre mounts. I hope they are cause that is what I have on order. When they do finally get to me I'll let everyone know how they are.
Hyperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:15 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

The premounts use the same tires, wheels and inserts as the unmounted tires, and they're glued with the highest quality glue available by the most experienced people in the world. Mark Pavidis and Gil Losi were gluing many themselves and/or supervising the process to ensure that the pre-mounts are assembled to the highest standards. I haven't seen a single pair of premounts that have a detecable amount of imbalance - they run exceptionally well without ever having to do any balancing. The pre-mounts haven't started shipping yet, so anything posted to the contrary is just speculation - I can assure you that purchasing the pre-mounts is a very sound investment.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquidracer View Post
ya losis are better akas the best, but the akas arent out yet at my store. and i dont like the losi wheels not the best qualitie at all to me so i use proline.

the foams are great i love them
If you mounted the AKA's on Proline wheels perhaps that is your 'balance' issue? Are they the new Low-profile proline wheels? If they are the standard wheels then they aren't the correct size for the tire.
Also we are shipping wheels with the tires for shops that order them. AKA wheels are the recommended wheel. The total package of AKA wheel/foam/tire/glue yields balanced tires. Take out an element and you run your own risk of disrupting the system!
-Kal-Gard -TnT-Fx -TKO Bearings -Track Star
-Pyrographix Paints -Ballistic Batteries
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #36
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRCRacer22 View Post
If you mounted the AKA's on Proline wheels perhaps that is your 'balance' issue? Are they the new Low-profile proline wheels? If they are the standard wheels then they aren't the correct size for the tire.
Also we are shipping wheels with the tires for shops that order them. AKA wheels are the recommended wheel. The total package of AKA wheel/foam/tire/glue yields balanced tires. Take out an element and you run your own risk of disrupting the system!
I have a big event coming up next weekend and have 4 sets of each premount on order. Are the premounts going to be shipping by the end of this week or early next week?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post that I measured the new AKA wheel against the new Proline V2 wheel and they are exactly (and I mean exactly) the same in every way.

The foam raceway on the Proline is also identical to the AKA so the foams will fit perfectly on the Proline V2 wheel. The only small difference is the inside edge on the AKA wheel is slightly thinner plastic, making it more flexible. I ran proline V2 wheels with AKA tires last week and they are an awesome combo!

AKA's medium and softs are in stock here:
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...4469162180.htm

Try them.... I'm serious!
Inside_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #38
Tech Addict

Unfortunately I do not believe that the pre-mounts will be available in the American market by next week..
Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

So now that the AKA's are out, I see that their wheels are solid dish... So whats the scoop on those bitchin' wheels that are shown on all the MP9 pictures? Are those going to be wheels that Kyosho is selling?

http://www.kyoshofrance.com/fr/k-mag...e/IMGP6496.jpg

Those are the wheels im referring to by the way
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Yes, those are the wheels that will come with the MP-9 and that will be available separately by Kyosho. Probably end of October.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #41
Tech Rookie

All of the pre mounts (I heard) went to Europe. (Damn brits suck up all the good stuff) I do see that the wheels and tires are now available in the states but what about the glue? Guess I'm stuck using the proline or the great planes glue.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperdude View Post
All of the pre mounts (I heard) went to Europe. (Damn brits suck up all the good stuff) I do see that the wheels and tires are now available in the states but what about the glue? Guess I'm stuck using the proline or the great planes glue.
If you don't have the AKA glue I would suggest Fusion Glue.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I heard that they will be selling the tires minus the foams to help racers save money because the foams last soo long they can be re-used alot more than other companies foams...
Old 09-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

More new AKA tires!!!

The Cross Brace and the Grid Iron

http://www.redrc.net/2008/09/aka-gri...es/#more-11222

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ok so I got one more outdoor race left before crcrc opens and I'm trying to get a set of the cityblocks. The track is McCulloughs and its the cancer race he's has every year and I'm thinking the tires would be dialed! Where on earth can I get a set before wed. That's when I'm heading to the race.
Anyone???anyone???bueller??bueller???
Thanks
MO
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote