R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #91
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Perhaps the slow guy doesn't even know you're a fast guy coming up behind him.

Perhaps he's just trying to keep his car off the pipes.

Perhaps he's un-aware of the "rules" you speak of.
, I must say... if the driver is that slow and clueless I can pass them without batting an eye.

To me the person you descibe is novice or someone just coming in to intermediate. A good driver with patience will find a hole to shoot by without much of a challenge.
Don Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #92
Tech Addict
 
fiveoboy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waunakee, WI
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Agreed. Looking back I think I'm discribing a very novice driver, and perhaps this conversation is more about all-around experienced drivers.

I just hope that some are able to know the difference and a "good beginner" isn't mistaken as someone who's trying to cause trouble on the track.
fiveoboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #93
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
I just hope that some are able to know the difference and a "good beginner" isn't mistaken as someone who's trying to cause trouble on the track.
I hear ya there and see where your going with that thought.

I do think that if your trying to cause trouble such as purposely taking people out that person would need some pretty decent skills to be able to pull it off against better drivers and if you had those skills you in turn would not need to take someone out.

I have seen that very small percentage of people where someone does have skills to pull off trouble on the track, however they are either short lived by realizing themselves that it's unnecessary to be a jerk to win races, and usually these people don't win, or eventually shunned by the club.

This tends to happen when an intermediate driver becomes good enough to place bottom 10 but then becomes frustrated because they can't get the edge they need to improve. I have not seen this too often but it does happen.

And to those drivers I just give them space and be patient because they still make driving mistakes on the track and then I cleanly pass them and take off.

-Don

Last edited by Don Duct; 08-04-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Don Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #94
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay0k View Post
I'm not saying I'm entitled to anything, stop interpreting it like that. I'm saying all drivers, sportsman, intermediate, expert, whatever skill level they are should give everybody the same respect they want to be treated with. That means if somebody in 14th is not willing to let the fast guys go, and will just hold up a three-way battle for the lead because the guy who's in 14th is still in the "race," then they've made their choice and I will make mine and treat them on the track the way they are treating me on the track.

This is not a personal attack but I just have to ask what class do you run in? If people you are running with are sooo much slower than you perhaps you need to consider a different class. Im not trying to flame you but come on man.... Im slow as hell and try to be courteous as I can be but if you are so much faster than me and you cant pass me clean you have problems. I understand some of what you say and in your defense perhaps I am reading your posts wrong, but I will say this. I also treat people the way they treat me. If the guy who is so good and fast takes me out on purpose when he laps me, he better not try and lap me again cause I will gladly return the favor.

And yes there is a blue and yellow flag in stock car racing. What some of you forget is there is also a black flag and if the leader punts lap traffic off the track just because he dont wanna pass them clean he will be seeing the black flag shortly. Leader or not no one has the right to purposely hack someone.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #95
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 126
Default

+1 with the point blowpopracer is trying to make.

not to mention displaying the Blue and black flag together which means let the leader by or you will get the black flag for holding him up. Hate to break it to you Nay0k, but a person in 14th would have a better race themselves if they just let the leader go then try to see of they can follow the leaders line. This greatly improves your driving. Holding a leader back won't do much and chances are they will pass the slow driver eventually.

I don't agree on the eye for an eye thought because mistakes do happen. I encourage people to talk to the driver you were battling on the track after the race before you jump on pay backs. If they continue or had an agenda well then all bets are off and let the rivalry begin.

-Don

Last edited by Don Duct; 08-04-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Don Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #96
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Loganville Ga
Posts: 755
Default

brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #97
Tech Master
 
skeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Odenville, Alabama
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post


This is a good one....ain't it?
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #98
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Loganville Ga
Posts: 755
Default

brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #99
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nay0k
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
This is not a personal attack but I just have to ask what class do you run in? If people you are running with are sooo much slower than you perhaps you need to consider a different class. Im not trying to flame you but come on man.... Im slow as hell and try to be courteous as I can be but if you are so much faster than me and you cant pass me clean you have problems. I understand some of what you say and in your defense perhaps I am reading your posts wrong, but I will say this. I also treat people the way they treat me. If the guy who is so good and fast takes me out on purpose when he laps me, he better not try and lap me again cause I will gladly return the favor.

And yes there is a blue and yellow flag in stock car racing. What some of you forget is there is also a black flag and if the leader punts lap traffic off the track just because he dont wanna pass them clean he will be seeing the black flag shortly. Leader or not no one has the right to purposely hack someone.
I've raced alot of classes over the years - Stock Buggy, Stock Truck, 19T Buggy, Mod Buggy, Mod Truck, Mod 4wd, 1/10 Gas Truck, Mod Sedan, 1/12 Stock. Now I race 1/8 Buggy because that's what's popular here. They don't separate the slow/fast guys here. So no I don't need to consider anything...

I can pass you clean, I've said that before. If you block me for as long as you can then I would get frustrated and get you out of my way. I'm not a hack versus anybody that doesn't let me go after 3 seconds - you people love to interpret things wrong, stop doing it.

And in r/c, hardly anybody is black flagged because hacking happens all the time in every race whether it was intentional or not...and also people don't respect the blue flags either.

Last edited by Nay0k; 08-04-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Nay0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #100
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nay0k
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Duct View Post
Hate to break it to you Nay0k, but a person in 14th would have a better race themselves if they just let the leader go
That's exactly what I was trying to say... I don't what it is you're trying to "break to me" LOL
Nay0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #101
Tech Adept
 
David Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Day Send a message via MSN to David Day Send a message via Yahoo to David Day
Default

Honestly, how many people see, in dirt track racing, or any other form stock car racing, lapped traffic battling for position get out of the way of the leaders?
Not very many instances will you see that, and if you do see people try and get out of the way, it's not easy for them to know where the leaders are going to go, cuz, NO mirrors(most stock racing)

Just don't expect some to get out of the way, you are in a RACE, so RACE around, and try doing it cleanly, because grudges aren't fun to deal with on, or off the track.
__________________
Day Brothers Racing
*http://daybrosracing.webege.com*
2nd Place 2006 Winter Series 10th/Scale Gas @ Lake Havasu RC Raceway
RC10GT - Snoopy #5x
Kyosho Inferno777 WC SP2
David Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #102
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay0k View Post
That's exactly what I was trying to say... I don't what it is you're trying to "break to me" LOL
LOL sorry man, it's a long thread I bet I missed something and as you know text can be interpreted wrong because there is no expression.

I saw these comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay0k View Post
The "if you're faster you should find a way around them" simply doesn't work, the less experienced guy almost always crashes both people.

I usually make the A-main's at most big races I go to, so I deal with this a lot. Let it be known that you're going to get punted by me if you're slow and you're in my way LOL
I found just about every time I can be patience and look for a window to pass even the craziest drivers cleanly. It appeared you felt that does not work anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay0k View Post
It happens all the time. What's wrong with people and CLEAN racing anymore?
Agreed, though as you know some people just aren't skilled enough to drive clean. So I follow them and watch what they do, then work around it. After awhile I know the drivers well and already can determine what I need to do to get around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay0k View Post
I tried the waiting to pass thing for a long time, it DOESN'T work most of the time. You basically have to wait until they crash on their own or wait until they let you go.
It's easy to interpret text wrong because the expression is missing. It did seem to me you simply took people out if they don't move. Seemed like you felt patience does not work.

As you know a good driver knows when they are faster or evenly matched. If they are evenly matched and you take someone out that not clean racing. Something I see you wish people did more and I agree with. I think we may be on the same page.
Don Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #103
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nay0k
Default

I'm sorry for the confusion...yes it does look like I'm a hack from what I say but I can assure you I'm not.
Nay0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #104
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Day View Post
Honestly, how many people see, in dirt track racing, or any other form stock car racing, lapped traffic battling for position get out of the way of the leaders?
Not very many instances will you see that, and if you do see people try and get out of the way, it's not easy for them to know where the leaders are going to go, cuz, NO mirrors(most stock racing)

Just don't expect some to get out of the way, you are in a RACE, so RACE around, and try doing it cleanly, because grudges aren't fun to deal with on, or off the track.
I think stock car racing, if your thinking NASCAR, is a bad example, because these days EVERYONE is on the lead lap. You do see lapped cars move aside and take the less desired lines and you do see this in local races and other venues. At least I do...

I agree to hold your line if it's in the beginning to the middle of the race, but if a driver comes up behind you about to lap you and is hanging on your tail for a lap or maybe two, and/or taps you, I personally would let them by and really everyone should. If he is indeed slow I would pass him again, however if he is lapping me chances are I would not be able to keep up.

But if it’s two or three drivers battling at the end of the race last 5 laps or so and your +10 position... move over!

Every nationals or large RC competition I have attended or seen in video the back markers move over near the end of the race and sometimes even pull of track. So it is practiced in this hobby.

I also agree grudges aren't fun.

-Don

Last edited by Don Duct; 08-04-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Don Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #105
Tech Adept
 
David Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Day Send a message via MSN to David Day Send a message via Yahoo to David Day
Default

I was in no way discussing NASCAR, that's the worst example, lol.

Short track, mainly Dirt Track racing, you won't see it much. Offroad racing, you do, because the field is pretty much spread out after the first 8 laps so of course they will move over when tapped out of the way. Of course, they have spotters as well, like in NASCAR. Short Track racing doesn't allow spotters, all you, in a car you can barely see out the side, if at all, with today's safety equipment especially in an IMCA Modified, or Late Model

I agree, that if there is 5 mins/laps to go, and there is an awesome battle for the lead, get out of the way, BUT if you are racing someone side by side in each corner and trying hard to get around him/her, then you aren't going to worry about people behind you. And if the leader(s) DO tap me, and the other guy gets away, you better believe someone will be confronted and/or just simply taken out.

Every way here makes sense, if you are by yourself, or behind the next position a ways, then get out of the way, which most will do. But don't expect RACERS that are RACING for position to get out of the way. Some might not think the same way, which I understand, but I'm a firm believer on what racing is and entails, been around it my whole life.
__________________
Day Brothers Racing
*http://daybrosracing.webege.com*
2nd Place 2006 Winter Series 10th/Scale Gas @ Lake Havasu RC Raceway
RC10GT - Snoopy #5x
Kyosho Inferno777 WC SP2
David Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK stupid ? shawn17 Monster Trucks 25 05-20-2007 01:00 AM
How stupid you can be on RC ? Tabushi Electric Off-Road 10 01-27-2007 07:48 AM
Sportsmanship at FSEARA races BullFrog Florida Racing 76 05-22-2006 10:55 PM
would that be stupid Rasmus TbEvo IV Electric On-Road 3 12-09-2005 02:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net