Tech Regular

Novarossi all the way.
They are great no doubt
Have fun
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Here's a video, my son is in first and is running a Go .25 (Welch), second place (Bohlman) is running a Rb mod Sirio, can't remember the name but the new long stroke .21 for truggy.

http://www.mnnitroseries.com/gunner/...4%20Truggy.wmv

I rebuild alot of motors for local racers and a few on the board, anytime a guy with a v-spec says it won't run right its almost guaranteed the crank pin is worn and it needs a pinch. I do actually like the looks of the speed crank, it should last alot better.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
run the Orion on a 9886/ 086/short conical header... The Orion is a Picco .21 with a CRF crank... all Picco .21's run like Banshee's on the 086 pipe...
Maximo,what the effect from the CRF crank,really!ORION is saying that it provide better fuel economy,how many minutes did it?

i am thinking to buy a motor like this,and i want to know if the crank can make a diference for these +100 plus bucks!

and something last,are really the jammin-picco[evo 2]-and now crf the same?even in shims?intake and all the others durations?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
Maximo,what the effect from the CRF crank,really!ORION is saying that it provide better fuel economy,how many minutes did it?

i am thinking to buy a motor like this,and i want to know if the crank can make a diference for these +100 plus bucks!

and something last,are really the jammin-picco[evo 2]-and now crf the same?even in shims?intake and all the others durations?

I have not timed a CRF.. but I really do not need to, the sleeve it uses has already been maxxed out by Picco so the only changes CRF could make would be to detune it ( which makes no sense)......... If you look at the dyno's of the old CRF.12 and then the PIcco JL you will see the CRF has nothing on the Picco, in fact the Picco is far superior... So I am not to sure that the CRF crank will offer any real advantages over the Picco crank......... For the $100.00 extra I would get a Jammin JPX modified....
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #20
CAR
Tech Addict

Maximo, how's the 9886 pipe with the short head as far as the bottom end for a smaller track? Thanks
CAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAR View Post
Maximo, how's the 9886 pipe with the short head as far as the bottom end for a smaller track? Thanks
most people will find it perfect, some will find it hits too hard, others may find it has not enough low end..I have heard reviews across the whole spektrum.... I only really run these mills as modifieds so i am not the best to ask how they run stock...... I can tell you the modified Picco .21's have by far the hardest hitting, nastiest, craziest powerband on the dirt.. from idle to 42K these motors are dynamite in your hand and will not be touched by any other .21's, modded or stock , only complaints I hear are they can be too violent for some drivers, and that clutches seem to fail more often.. motors that come onto pipe early like Picco's do tend to heat up the clutches more then a softer starting motor like a Sirio

I will say as a rule Picco's have awesome low end responsiveness, even stock they snap harder then any other motors I have run...so even with the short header the stock Picco's will still have a harder hitting low end then 99% of other .21's, only the OPS based mills may match the Picco for low end snap......
Old 08-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Neal, the video I posted above was from the Mn nitro series. There was a couple guys from Winnipeg there, actually I think Nick Moxley should be in the video.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
Neal, the video I posted above was from the Mn nitro series. There was a couple guys from Winnipeg there, actually I think Nick Moxley should be in the video.

Rex
I know Nick !!!!

Nick Moxley was running my old repinched mod C6... motor is well used but hauls ass pretty good.....
Old 08-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

well satuday i took second with my GRP in truggy. After a 20 minute main, it came in at 195. I will be leaning it out a bit to get a bit more grunt out of it. But i only have 18 tanks through it now.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

i have ran to tank throught the one in my truck today. as soon as i was done i order another thing thing gone be a monster
Old 08-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I have not timed a CRF.. but I really do not need to, the sleeve it uses has already been maxxed out by Picco so the only changes CRF could make would be to detune it ( which makes no sense)......... If you look at the dyno's of the old CRF.12 and then the PIcco JL you will see the CRF has nothing on the Picco, in fact the Picco is far superior... So I am not to sure that the CRF crank will offer any real advantages over the Picco crank......... For the $100.00 extra I would get a Jammin JPX modified....
how about the evo 3 MAXIMO?it's more smooth?
and how much about a Jammin JPX modified....
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 AM   #27
Tech Champion

I may have to change my tune a little on this... I have heard XRC has dynoed the new CRF 28, apparently the results are pretty impressive... The CRF crank may be more effective then I gave it credit for, I am going to look to purchase one of these motors to compare against the Picco version...... According to XRC the new 28 hit 90 oz/in of torque.... that is huge !!!

tho i have to say XRC's testing numbers have been extremely high lately.... ever since they dynoed the Sirio CL7B their numbers have been way too high.......... the latest one is they tested a TRX 3.3 at 1.4 HP LOL...the same motor dynoed only 1.06 1 year ago, and .96 2 years ago............. XRC;s numbers cannot be trusted anymore..... AB MOds or EB MOds for accurate dyno results......

Last edited by Maximo; 08-07-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

the 21 is insane. i could not image what the the 28 got
Old 08-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #29
CAR
Tech Addict

I heard that the EV03 is more of a higher RPM engine then the EVO 2 ?
CAR is offline   Reply With Quote