Community
Wiki Posts
Search

v-spec really tight

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default v-spec really tight

hey i got a brand new v spec and the motor is really tight im using a shitty starter box with not a whole lot of tourqe but the motor turns over and then stops and i gotta free the fly wheel with my finger the guy at the local shop said thats nor,al for the first few tanks until the motor gets rid of its "pinch" he also said i should hit it with a heat gun to warm it up then start it any ideas if thats normal?.. im also ganna try a bigger box today
Old 07-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, it is normal to have to preheat motors before cranking until you are thru the break in stage. Lots of good info on here about engine break in.

Ed M.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The guy at the shop is right. Put a drop or two of after run oil in the engine too to help it turn over the first few times. Use the heat gun to get it up around 170 or so then fire it up. After you run it each time make sure you let it cool at bottom dead center. Do not leave the piston at TDC! Enjoy that engine. I'll be breaking in a new one next weekend.

Last edited by t0adman; 07-28-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

ya its my first car thats not a ready to run so imn used to the roto start or pull start and the starter box just seems wierd haha but if i cant get it going ill just go to the track and meet some new friends